Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrey View Post
    I'd like to see us take Jeremy Lamb from Uconn if he's available.. He's got great length and I think we a PG like Rubio coming back for next year I think that would only make Lamb so much better.. And we need a SG obviously so I think he could become a great player for us
    I think J Lamb would be ideal for our team but I have seen him going above Beal from Florida, near the top 5 in some mocks, but I have also seen him in the late 1st round so idk what to believe but I'd love to get him
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    with our track record on drafting players out of Syracuse, Waiters should not even be remotely in this discussion. I researched it recently. Outside Melo, who still isn't that elite imo, Cuse pumps out pretty ****** NBA players. Boheim's zone doesn't let them learn how to defend anyone, and he never gets players to play classic positions.

No thanks on Waiters, or or any other Cuse player.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    no thanks to Syracuse players.

vCash
    I would love to get Doron Lamb out of Kentucky if he declares, he's an underrated player on a dominate team, this is what Kentucky Coach John Calipari had to say about him:
    "Doron is our best basketball player. He's not our fastest player; he doesn't jump the highest and I don't think he's going to be our best ball handler. But as far as knowing the game and having a feel, he has it. If he's in great condition and he has a sense of urgency, he will have a great year."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuBeasLoveDwill View Post
    If you had to choose between these six sg who would you choose?

Austin Rivers - Jeremy Lamb - Dion Waiters - Terrence Ross- John Jenkins - Doron Lamb
    I was going to write a huge response to this but since I already wrote one today, I changed my mind. Here are my choices and keep in mind that unfortunately I don’t watch NCAA games, so my opinion is mainly from what I read and videos I watch.

1. Jeremy Lamb
    While I was reading about JL, I caught myself singing “what if Wes J. had a brain” in the old Joan Osborn’s tune. Well if Wes had a brain he would play like Lamb.
    I always found players that came from a basketball family intriguing because they get the bball fundamentals from an early age. Love is a prime example and so is Kobe and Curry among others.
    What is there not to like about this guy. His report from nbadraft.net was filled with things I liked (Reggie Miller comparison, length, high bball IQ, good defender…). So he is my first choice but I doubt he will be there when we pick.

2. John Jenkins
    His comparison says JJ Redick (which is also a plus in my book) but from the videos I saw a Monta Ellis with a Ray Allen shot.
    I couldn’t stop wondering how many points a player like that would score if he had Rubio feeding him open shot all the time. His problem is his size and subsequently his D, but according to the reports he doesn’t lack the effort and with Rubio by his side we could find a solution.

3. Terrence (Ross) Jones
    Yeah I know he is not a SG and that is why he is not in the list but look at this guy. A left handed PG turned SF who does it all and in my mind resembles Paul George. Wow!
    I wanted him from last year’s draft and I still like him if we decide to take a SF instead of a SG.
    Ross is good as well but he needs work and I don’t know if we have the luxury on waiting anymore. A couple of years ago I would be fine with that but now…

4. Austin Rivers
    Remember all the things I said about player coming of basketball families? Scratch it. His shot mechanics are weird (but effective) and his shot selection is questionable. I think he might have an attitude problem and whenever faced with stronger opponents he faces problems playing his game.
    Take a look at this video to see what I mean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCEq...ture=endscreen

5. Doron Lamb
    The underdog. Scorer with good efficiency numbers and the one that would probably be available to us if we get the Utah pick. I’d like him more if we already had a starter and he was coming off the bench

6. Dion Waiters
    We can continue our proud tradition of great players out of Syracuse after Flynn and Wes
    Last edited by silverson; 03-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.

United we Run

vCash
    I will revolt if we take another Syracuse player. Saying it right now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I will revolt if we take another Syracuse player. Saying it right now.
    me too, unless it is Fab Melo...the Syracuse rule should not apply to big men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    me too, unless it is Fab Melo...the Syracuse rule should not apply to big men.
    Derrick Coleman, Rony Seikaly, Hakim Warrick, Billy Owens.

While it means less, its still there. And I just can't shake the last 2 bums we drafted from there. I would avoid Syracuse players like the plague. I really think Boheim's zone kills a players chance at being a defender, and he never drafts classic positions, instead always pumping out tweeners at every position.

vCash
    Coleman actually had an okay career, and Warrick...He is more a SF than a big man. Im not outrageously high on Fab, I just think, if we are picking late in the first round, or even early in the second, it may not be a bad idea to draft a big man, who has ideal size, and was one of the better defensive players in college this year. Its no secret that Boeheims zone defense kills players defense at the next level, but I just think the rule does not apply to centers, who plant themselves down low, whether in a zone, or man to man. Defense for big men, has a lot to do with size and effort, and Fab does both of those...even if Fab gets to the next level, and does not become a solid player, I will still not apply the Syracuse rule to big men, because chances of a center turning into a solid player nowadays seems very slim, no matter where the kid went to school...and it seems it doesnt matter where a center is drafted anymore either. 2nd round picks seem as likely to turn into a quality center (Deandre, Pek), as 1st round picks dont (Darko, Thabeet).
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 03-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    I am just gunshy of Cuse players haha. The last 2 we have taken have literally been the biggest wastes of picks imagineable. Hell draft Tyler Zeller and let Darko walk.

vCash
    me too, completely gunshy about Cuse players...if they play in the backcourt, or are a SF. I just dont think the rule applys to a center, especially one that only played there for only one season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    3. Terrence (Ross) Jones
    Yeah I know he is not a SG and that is why he is not in the list but look at this guy. A left handed PG turned SF who does it all and in my mind resembles Paul George. Wow!
    I wanted him from last year’s draft and I still like him if we decide to take a SF instead of a SG.
    Ross is good as well but he needs work and I don’t know if we have the luxury on waiting anymore. A couple of years ago I would be fine with that but now…
    Everywhere has him listed as a guard but I've never seen him live but from what I read he sounds like the ideal player for the wolves if he can play sg. He can defend very well, hit the outside shot, and he's aggressive with the ball and takes it to the rim.

The MN Gopher basketball team play's Terrence Ross and the Washington Huskies tomorrow at 8pm on ESPN. I will defiantly be watching that game to see his game first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYeHHeI4fg
    ^Terrence Ross highlight video
    Last edited by RuBeasLoveDwill; 03-27-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added video

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuBeasLoveDwill View Post
    Everywhere has him listed as a guard but I've never seen him live but from what I read he sounds like the ideal player for the wolves if he can play sg. He can defend very well, hit the outside shot, and he's aggressive with the ball and takes it to the rim.

The MN Gopher basketball team play's Terrence Ross and the Washington Huskies tomorrow at 8pm on ESPN. I will defiantly be watching that game to see his game first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYeHHeI4fg
    ^Terrence Ross highlight video
    I wrote my response in word, so I had Ross name scratched but when I transferred it here it did not have that.
    So Terrence Ross is a SG as you said
    and Terrence Jones is a SF.

United we Run

vCash
    Ill take him, but nobody ever figured out to guard him.

How about minnesota though. Semifinals of the nit. Go gopher!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Ill take him, but nobody ever figured out to guard him.

How about minnesota though. Semifinals of the nit. Go gopher!
    They have a good looking future with the Hollins, Eliason, Mo Walker and Coleman. All 5 I mentioned are freshman or sophomores, and all 5 have been a main part of the rotation (Mo injured this year, but was a main stay in the rotation his freshman year). The Hollins havent just been main part of the rotation, but have been starters the majority of the year, and Andre Hollins has absolutely been the star of the NIT...not just the Gophers, but the whole tournament. All 5 of the above mentioned have received starts as well.

We also just got some good news about a week ago. Mbakwe, who got injured the first week of play, was granted a 6th year of eligibility due to injury hard ship. Mbakwe was by far our best player, and I think it is definite that we would have been in the big dance had he not got injured.

There is also a Minnesota native, Trent Lockett, who is a star junior at Arizona State, and is looking to transfer close to home to be with his ailing mother. Rumors are high right now that he is coming to the U of M...and he would not have to sit out a year for a transfer, because he is set to graduate this year.

So, through a transfer, we get a star, and through a 6th year of eligibility, we get another star. Add in Mo Walker, who was by far our best freshman before his injury last year, and the other underclassmen I mentioned...and Rodney Williams who will be a senior next year...we are primed for a memorable season, with as many as 5 NBA prospects on the team (Dre Hollins, Mbakwe, Lockett, Coleman, Rodney (only one which may be a first rounder in Rodney)).
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 03-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast