Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    the difference though, is that Fab plays down low.
    I guess, but I don't think Jim prepares players, or develops them, to be pro's outside a few obvious examples.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I just looked around at some mock draft stuff. The guys I like around where the jazz pick would be if they make the playoffs are john jenkins from vanderbilt and buford from ohio state. Potentially Doron Lamb as well if he drops some. Jenkins is a lights out shooter along the lines of JJ redick with a little more athleticism. While he isn't a great defender, he would be a nice pick because we need a pure shooter on this team. Lamb is much the same but with a little more athleticism. I see him as a better version of ellington. Buford is probably the most complete player with a well rounded game. Any of these 2 would help our 2 guard situation and give us a very good shooter in our reportoire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I guess, but I don't think Jim prepares players, or develops them, to be pro's outside a few obvious examples.
    I agree. Fab Melo is Hasheem Thabeet all over again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thejester021 View Post
    I agree. Fab Melo is Hasheem Thabeet all over again
    no. Melo will not be selected #2 overall. Melo is not extremely uncoordinated. Even if Melo does not end up being a productive player in the NBA, a Thabeet comparison is not warranted.

vCash
    Melo is a gamble but @ #20 there won't be a sure thing sitting there

Props to phins1983

vCash
    The SGs at this point look to be Doron Lamb if he falls, Tony Wroten(combo),Dion Waiters(combo), John Jenkins, and William Buford. I think its a no brainer we would take Lamb if available. Atleast there are going to be multiple Guards to choose from when the time comes. The Center position at our end of the draft only has 2 players, Tyler Zeller, who may only be a PF, and Melo as you guys have pointed out. But Melo in some drafts is down in the second round. And who knows, maybe his stock will rise. But if he falls like DeAndre Jordan did, I hope we grab him.

vCash
    I saw somewhere the Utah pick is top 14 protected. Is this correct?

vCash
    I asked about the exact pick because I could see Utah falling back in the standings. They have only played 6 road games and 13 home games. They also have had a fairly easy schedule so far. I would not be surprised if the pick ended up to be 15-17.

vCash
    Yeah its lotto protected

Props to phins1983

vCash
    I really hope we find a way to get into the 1st round this year with how deep the draft is. I wish this was one of those years where we had 3 picks.

I hope we can get a late first rounder, and be in position to take either William Buford, or Fab Melo. if you can grab him anywhere after 20, its much worth the risk. He has perfect size, and knows that his role is to play defense, which he does exceptionally well...he also has above average athleticism. Add in all those measurables, and the fact that he plays Center, he may go much higher than what he actually should.

William Buford is a guy who I am also keeping an eye on. He should get drafted much higher than what projected, but becaue he is a senior, and NBA teams are infatuated with youth, he will probably go pretty low. Other than his sweet jumper that can set the net on fire, he doesnt do anything else exceptionally well, but, he does everything pretty good. Being as he is a senior, and has made many deep NCAA runs with tO$U, he should be able to step in to any team, and be an instant contributor, whether it be off the bench, or as a starter in desperate need of SG help...such as our team.

vCash
    I just checked out 3 mock drafts, and they all had Buford as a 2nd round pick.

I just dont get it. Not that he is a sure fire star, or that he is even a sure fire contributor, but he can do everything...he can pass, he can rebound his position, he hustles his *** off, he is quick...the list just goes on and on of all the right things this guy does, something he might not have done well for himself, is enter the draft as a freshman.

Another thing to point out, is that a lot of these mock drafts have a lot of underclassmen in them, some who may not enter the draft...regardless, one of the mocks had him as the #20 pick in the 2nd round...insane.

vCash
    Without checking, I bet NBA draft has him very low. That site was terrible a few years ago when I checked it, they had no clue. They had DeRozan in the 20's the WHOLE YEAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Yup, NBA draft has him in the 2nd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    what site is that?

Also, like i mentioned in a previous post, he may be rated so low, because a lot of the mocks have a lot of underclassmen, who they can only make educated guesses about coming into the draft or not....that may have been the case with Derozan as well, on the site you checked.

The reputable sites gets more accurate, as it become clear who is entering, and who isnt.

vCash
    This Cincinnati vs Georgetown game is crazy. Georgetown is ranked #14, Cincinnati is unranked. It is in overtime right now, with a minute to go, and it is tied. I love March Madness.

Gophers will be on ESPN2 by the way, at 4:30. The Gophers only chance to get into the NCAA tourny, is to win the Big Ten tournament, so hopefully the get off on the right foot today, vs Northwestern.

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast