Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gophers are pretenders like usual... another Minnesota team that gets our hopes up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Gophers are pretenders like usual... another Minnesota team that gets our hopes up.
    Disappointing loss, but the only losses they have had this season comes from teams who have been ranked #1 for multiple weeks

vCash
    Gophers are not pretenders, they have lost to the 3 best teams in the country. If anything its a great learning experience for them to measure up against the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Gophers are not pretenders, they have lost to the 3 best teams in the country. If anything its a great learning experience for them to measure up against the best.
    yup. They have had a tough stretch of schedule here the last two games. A loss to the team who was the consensus #1 team pre-season (Current #2), and another team who was the last undefeated team in college basketball, and was #1 team two weeks in a row, is not reason to be down on the Gophers. These two losses do nothing to diminish them. The Big Ten is stacked this year, and playing against teams like Indiana and Michigan will only improve them, and help them come tournament time. This Gopher team is a bonafide team, that should have a deep playoff run come March. They already have two wins against then top 20 teams, and have had good wins against very solid teams this year. There is no reason to get down on them right now, as the only losses they have had, have come against 3 teams that have been ranked #1 in the nation for multiple weeks. The Gopher basketball team is one of two teams in the state that should not be judged until tournament/playoff time...the regular season has already proven that they are bona-fide contenders...and by that, I mean 1 of 20ish teams (out of a couple hundred) that can be considered for the national championship...at this point, I think the Gophers are a lock for the sweet 16.

vCash
    Not sure about a lock for the sweet 16 but we are also not "pretenders". We do need to be more consistant when playing the great teams as we tend to stand around to much. When our offense is in "motion" we are very good, when we aren't - we aren't very good. Should be a good finish.

vCash
    you guys have dropped 3 games to teams ranked in the top 5. That is not pretenders.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    you guys have dropped 3 games to teams ranked in the top 5. That is not pretenders.
    Ya we aren't I was just frustrated. Every season we seem to be "projected" to be better then we actually are. When we get the chance to prove that we deserve to be among the top teams we lay an egg. It's a frustrating trend for MN teams.

vCash
    Gophers are losing to teams like NorthWestern now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Gophers are losing to teams like NorthWestern now?
    Tough year to be a MN sports fan.
    Last edited by Twinsfan24; 01-23-2013 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Another loss for the Gophers. Can I call them pretenders yet?

vCash
    The big 10 is a gauntlet. I wouldn't worry about the Gophers, they will make a push in the tourney.

vCash
    The Gophers will win their 1st round game and lose their 2nd round game. I just don't see them getting to 16 or even 32. I haven't watched much gopher basketball, granted, but I do know what state they play in. Teams here get too much of my love and never deliver it back to me.

Being an MN sports fan is like being a Cubs fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Another loss for the Gophers. Can I call them pretenders yet?
    I would say call Tubby a pretender. His teams don't seem to get "better" during the season and definitly are not "clutch". I would say that comes down to coaching.

He is a good coach - not great. We are a good team - not great.

vCash
    So i just read that there is a chance we will get two picks in this draft and keeping the MEMPHIS pick.

Here’s the result:
    • Minnesota’s own first-rounder will be top-13 protected in 2013 and 2014 and top-12 protected in 2015 and 2016.
    • Memphis owes Minnesota a lottery-protected first-rounder sometime in the next four years.
    • If the Memphis and Minnesota picks convey in the same season, the Suns get the worse of the two choices.
    • If the Memphis pick conveys but the Minnesota pick doesn’t, then the pick will roll over to the next season and thus only future Minnesota picks will be in play.
    • If the pick doesn’t convey in four years, then the Suns will receive two second-rounders going forward.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/07/2...up-lopez-deal/

So we might get two picks in this draft, maybe a chance to move up with lets say #8, #26 and Derrick Williams to move up and grab One of the Big three??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    So i just read that there is a chance we will get two picks in this draft and keeping the MEMPHIS pick.

So we might get two picks in this draft, maybe a chance to move up with lets say #8, #26 and Derrick Williams to move up and grab One of the Big three??
    I would give my left nut to land McLemore

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast