Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

College Hoops and Draft Talk

We have the Utah pick, if Utah makes the playoffs.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 01-31-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    memphis ??

vCash
    2013 on the Memphis one, lotto protected

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    From the hometown angle, keep your eyes on Rodney Williams to go somewhere in the first round whether it be this year or next. He is an athletic freak, and is that type of kid that typically goes late in the first round, where the top talent is gone, and teams take gambles on the most athletic available. Rodney really is a freak, and if teams drafted on athleticism alone, he would go in the top 5.

Joe Coleman, the freshman from Minnesota is the only other first round talent I see on the Gophers, though, I dont expect Joe to turn pro for a couple more years...certainly not this year. Joe has skills that translate well to the NBA. He drives hard to the hoop, and draws fouls.

vCash
    I haven't been following college basketball much this year honestly.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Then we should get the memphis one next year, casue i dont see them being a lottery team. Also i really want the jazz to make the playoffs, i want the pick.

This is a loaded draft, even if we dont draft somebody, the pick will carry more value in a trade.

Im not a college wiz, so who is good that will be available at 20+ pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    From the hometown angle, keep your eyes on Rodney Williams to go somewhere in the first round whether it be this year or next. He is an athletic freak, and is that type of kid that typically goes late in the first round, where the top talent is gone, and teams take gambles on the most athletic available. Rodney really is a freak, and if teams drafted on athleticism alone, he would go in the top 5.
    I agree, he is a freak and fun to watch. He doesnt fit here but it would be sweet to see ricky lobbing it up to him, ya fu L.A., were lob city now *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Then we should get the memphis one next year, casue i dont see them being a lottery team. Also i really want the jazz to make the playoffs, i want the pick.

This is a loaded draft, even if we dont draft somebody, the pick will carry more value in a trade.

Im not a college wiz, so who is good that will be available at 20+ pick
    Im not a wiz either, but I can keep up with some college minds. I find it kind of funny, that at one of my favorite draft sites, they have us taking a PG

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Not sure if they were trying to make a joke there or not. But, if Myck were to enter, and was available at our pick, then this draft has to be really deep, and that pick would hold a lot of value, cause Myck is a tremendous freshman.

If we want to go the "needs" route, players like Fab Melo, Syracuse (C) would likely be available...He has good size for a center, and plays solid D. He has underachieved in his college career, and might go higher than he should, because of the position he plays.

William Buford from tO$U would maybe be available too. He is a senior, and would be NBA ready coming out of the draft. He can shoot, pass, and defend. He might go lower than he should because he is not 18-20 years old, and GM's for some reason are always enamored by younger guys, even if a guy 2 years older has shown more.

vCash
    Ya, it might be poking fun at kahn picking a pg, but unless we can get a SG, a C, or a really talented player, i want to trade the pick.
    What does Buford play?

vCash
    Buford plays SG.

I found it funny, but, it isnt a joke. Draftnet bases their draft mostly on talent. Talent and need, are the two key elements to a mock draft, and talent is weighted more at draftnet until the end of the season, where they start to equate need in more. The site is showing more who the talent is right now.

I think I am starting to lean on wanting Buford at some point in the draft. He might go in the 2nd because people are dumb, and the draft is expected to be deep. But Buford is athletic, he can defend, his shot is sweet, he can pass, and he can play right now.

vCash
    nearly every draft site doesn't factor in team need at all. They rank the players 1-whatever, and just list them that way, regardless of team need.

vCash
    I think we have enough pieces to trade down and get someone nice.

vCash
    Buford or Melo would be my ideals.

Look at how Syracuse is struggling without Melo

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    No more Syracuse players please. Boheim doesn't prepare anyone in his program to play NBA defense.

vCash
    the difference though, is that Fab plays down low.

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast