Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    the only difference between this guy and a bucket o' poo is the bucket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants Freak View Post
    My god how quickly people forget Aubrey Huff helped us win the World Series. This site can be pretty pathetic at times. I hope to get 280/18/80 out of Huff this year. Belt should still get a fair amount of bats between extra outfielder and 1b when Huff rests. If Huff completely bombs than we go to Belt/Pill at 1b
    No one forgot how Huff helped win the World Series, but did you forget how dismal he was last season?!?

vCash
    My god how quickly people forget Aubrey Huff helped us win the World Series. This site can be pretty pathetic at times. I hope to get 280/18/80 out of Huff this year. Belt should still get a fair amount of bats between extra outfielder and 1b when Huff rests. If Huff completely bombs than we go to Belt/Pill at 1b
    Who cares if he helped us win? That's in the past. People praised him throughout the offseason. But you have to perform year after year. We're not going to put him on a pedestal because he helped us win. If he worked out hard during the offseason and did better in 2011 people wouldn't be on him like they have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I STILL remember the first game of the season in 2010, and on PSD, threads about how Huff's AB's are going to be brutal and that DeRosa looks like a player. That was after DeRosa did nothing that day, and Huff did. It turned out that DeRosa contributed nothing to the giants over 2 seasons, and Huff was instrumental in a trip to the World Series.
    DeRosa hit an opposite field HR on the 2010 opening day...however, that's all he ever did..we basically threw 12mil down the toilet..

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    so funny that so many posted avg/obp/ops numbers...

When old school is exactly what you posted. Which i like in random discussion threads such as this.

I think Huff will hit .275 with 17 HR and 70-75 RBI.. He'll be good enough, not as good as 2010.

I STILL remember the first game of the season in 2010, and on PSD, threads about how Huff's AB's are going to be brutal and that DeRosa looks like a player. That was after DeRosa did nothing that day, and Huff did. It turned out that DeRosa contributed nothing to the giants over 2 seasons, and Huff was instrumental in a trip to the World Series. I'll give Huff the benefit of the doubt. He partied for a year... he's ready to get back to work.
    Not everyone was for DeRosa, I was aware of the effects the wrist would have on his game and was completely against it.

Now, huff on the other hand lost a lot of his bat speed. Huff's dedication to getting into shape this off season kind of shows me that even he knows it. I am hoping that the shape he is in will help him regain some bat speed, but I'm not one to bet against father time.

vCash
    I didn't like the DeRosa deal but didn't mind the first Huff deal since it wasn't a lot of money and he wasn't blocking anyone.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    DeRosa hit an opposite field HR on the 2010 opening day...however, that's all he ever did..we basically threw 12mil down the toilet..
    we've thrown a lot of money down the toilet, Huff (so far), Tejada, DeRosa, Zito, and Rowand.

Instead we could have used that money to buy a nicer toilet...smh

#BELTSWAG
    www.wrapupp.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    He was a behind the scenes clubhouse leader. He was the guy most people came to when they needed help, especially when the playoffs approached. His veteranship and attitude toward the game should not be ignored. Yes, I'm incredibly biased.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Who cares if he helped us win? That's in the past. People praised him throughout the offseason. But you have to perform year after year. We're not going to put him on a pedestal because he helped us win. If he worked out hard during the offseason and did better in 2011 people wouldn't be on him like they have.

Quote Originally Posted by giants9ers View Post
    the only difference between this guy and a bucket o' poo is the bucket
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Wow, Huff is not my favorite player, never has and never will. However, he is a San Francisco Giant. I do not want any SF Giant to be bad for any period of time when it could be the difference between a chance at the postseason or early vacation again.

I know you are thinking long term benefits and getting players like Belt and Pill an extended chance, but just cannot root for any of our guys to be bad.
    If Huff does awful enough early enough, it won't jeopardize the Giants postseason run at all.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    .306/.440/.688 49 hr and 106 rbi

Pablo will win the MVP though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5If4HJjNgfQ

vCash
    .288 BA 24 hr 83 rbi .395 obp
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoneyjuice View Post

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    .271 ba 19 hr 72 rbi .333 obp

vCash
    damn, after watching Huff this past season its hard for me to believe that his OBP was .385! he was definitely chasing/swinging after pitched balls in 2011..he was desperate for a hit..the 2010 season he was a lot more patient

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

vCash
    nah foreal. .288 28 hr 91 rbi. watch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast