Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Give Tom Brady a different head coach and no defense in a dome and see what he would do. You don't know and it's pure speculation. Give Peyton Manning Brady's team and the defenses he had when they were winning Superbowls and I would say he would have won MORE. See how easy it is to conjecture and speculate?

* Bill.B is known for focusing more on his young defense, He doesnt call playes on offense and quite frankly..is not known too be a offensive mastermind in anyway...

* Pure speculation? Brady breaking records/winning mvp's when given elite talent is FACT..

Manning isn't even in my top 5...Give me Montana, Young, brady, johnny, or marino..
    Last edited by Bos_Sports4Life; 01-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm not saying he won't be in the conversation, but I get mad when people assume he is the GOAT without having a conversation.

If brady walked away from the game RIGHT NOW...hes top 5 with montana, marino, young, johnny u

HOWEVER, 1 more sb with 3-4 more probowl/allpro type of seasons..I think he'd have the best case....2 more sb's? case closed/done deal..

vCash
    Even in that one super bowl that he lost, he manages to lead his team down field for a TD to take the lead against a ferocious Giants D in that game. The man looked like he was broken in half by halftime.

Anyways, he has had an incredible career that isn't even over and is still playing at a peak level. He doesn't have to even win another SB to be considered at the very least top 3 of all time. However another Superbowl win and MVP will probably seal the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not sure you want to bring up MVPs in a conversation about Manning/Brady considering Manning has 4
    3 and half actually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsb77 View Post
    3 and half actually
    And he didnt deserve 1 definatley and another was questionable he was deserving of 2 no doubt where as brady has 2 that are unquestioned 100 percent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    And he didnt deserve 1 definatley and another was questionable he was deserving of 2 no doubt where as brady has 2 that are unquestioned 100 percent
    a mvp is mvp no matter what you say peyton 4 and brady 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    a mvp is mvp no matter what you say peyton 4 and brady 2
    a ring is more important that mvp
    3-1

vCash
    two things that could hurt brady's legacy

no ring after spygate (whether its justified or not)

and they never won with him as an elite qb

still one of the best ever but there are a couple of guys id take ahead of him

vCash
    I hate when people use super bowl rings to judge a QB's greatness. He is already in the top 5 greatest of all time. Super bowls are a team accomplishment not just a QB's. You really think Brady would be where he is without Belichik and the Patriots? And the same could be said for the Patriots as well. You gotta judge his body of work throughout his career and like i said he is already top 5. I think if he owns most the records for QB's by the end of his career and doesn't have a horrible end to his career (stat wise) then i think he will be right up there.

I also don't really see there being a clear #1 QB of all time. If you post that question i guarantee you that you will get a bunch of different answers. It's just all a matter of opinion. Like i think Favre is right around top 5 of all time but a lot of people dont and thats fine. Like i said its just all a matter of opinion.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Belichik was also pretty much nothing before Brady...

Anyway, I already have Brady as the greatest of all time...Winning another superbowl just cements.

The only way he is not the greatest of all time is if Tim Tebow beats him...then Tim Tebow is the greatest QB of all time...
    “We're getting the ring this year...I'm carrying my load and anybody else's that needs me to.”
    ~ Amare Stoudemire

vCash
    If I could take any QB ever it would be Brady, after Eli of course..

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I hate when people use super bowl rings to judge a QB's greatness. He is already in the top 5 greatest of all time. Super bowls are a team accomplishment not just a QB's. You really think Brady would be where he is without Belichik and the Patriots? And the same could be said for the Patriots as well. You gotta judge his body of work throughout his career and like i said he is already top 5. I think if he owns most the records for QB's by the end of his career and doesn't have a horrible end to his career (stat wise) then i think he will be right up there.

I also don't really see there being a clear #1 QB of all time. If you post that question i guarantee you that you will get a bunch of different answers. It's just all a matter of opinion. Like i think Favre is right around top 5 of all time but a lot of people dont and thats fine. Like i said its just all a matter of opinion.
    Ultimately it is a matter of opinion for everyone, but to say there is not a clear #1 as far as a general consensus goes, is irresponsibly false. You can look up a sample of credible lists out there or research the opinions of credible sources from historians, players, and analysts, and the #1 is agreed upon by the vast majority. And I don't think I need to mention who that QB might be.
    A poll on a site like this is most definitely not a valid source by the way.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    another patriots thread? and to answer the question no

not in this era where the defensive rules have been dumbed down so much
    here is the poster child for a hater guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Ultimately it is a matter of opinion for everyone, but to say there is not a clear #1 as far as a general consensus goes, is irresponsibly false. You can look up a sample of credible lists out there or research the opinions of credible sources from historians, players, and analysts, and the #1 is agreed upon by the vast majority. And I don't think I need to mention who that QB might be.
    A poll on a site like this is most definitely not a valid source by the way.
    What? None of that made sense. Everything is opinion and just cause ESPN or some NFL/Football experts say a certain individual is the best QB in NFL history is still based of opinion. Some people might think Marino is the best, Some might say Peyton Manning others may say Montana ect ect ect. Some people might like the way a certain QB plays while some other might like how another QB plays. Like for instance i love the way Rodgers plays the game over a guy like Brady. I love the fact Rodgers can scramble to keep the play alive and hit a receiver 60 yards down the field with complete accuracy. Other people will argue that times have changed and may point that out when they are talking about a guy like Marino vs Brady. Like i said its all a matter of opinion. You can't even really use stats as a way to judge either cause Favre has most of the records for a QB and he isn't the greatest of all time.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post

how about vice versa?

Would Rodgers be as good without his WR's and coach

Would Brees be as good without his dome and WR's?

Would Manning he as good without Marvin and Dungy?

Would Young be as good as without TO and Rice?

Stop making excuses, he shouldn't be falted for landing in the right place

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast