Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

vCash
    I think it's a mistake to put so much stock in QB Rating in earlier eras. Today when no one can play D, I think it's a lot more significant. However, it just amazes me that people will say "He had a better rate+" without looking at other factors which are directly linked to qb rating.

For instance, when you have a good running game and a strong defense you don't have to take as many risks as a QB. When you have a good D and are playing with the lead it's easy to throw the ball away or eat it on a sack when it's 3rd and 6 late in the 3rd quarter instead of forcing it into double coverage.

When you're down and your defense sucks..... you end up having to force things to make something happen because you simply cannot let the other team get the ball back. At that point, is taking a sack and punting the ball that much better than an interception? At least you're risking something good happening when you throw the football.

It's something that rarely gets talked about when it comes to Marino/Manning in relation to Montana/Brady.

I'm not saying that should convince everyone that they're better. Whatever. I'm just saying I tire of the fact that people never pay attention to this type of thing.

vCash
    One of the best QB's of the era and one of the best QB's of all time.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    im sorry, brady's a great qb, but how long has he been dominant for? 07, 09, 10, 11(debatable, lots of yac). Thats 4 years. He was pretty beast when they beat the eagles in the sb. So maybe 5 years? I mean there are qb's out there that have been dominant for almost their entire career. Really, this nonsense needs to stop. He's an amazing qb, and amazing player, and I 100% agree he earned his two mvp seasons, but I just don't see how a player can be considered goat when half his career he was just a pretty good qb. He's been dominant only 3-5 years. If that's the case, I nominate bo jackson greatest rb ever

* YAC isn't just the reciever...You do realize hitting a reciever in stride will lead too great YAC...right??

* Early on he would have put up better numbers with better options. Brady was stuck with average talent playing outdoors in new england while manning was playing with allpro talent in domes.

Brady still AVERAGED 25.8 td's/13.2 picks during this time while passing for 3,743 yrds per season while earning a few probowls.

His best options during these seasons:

Deion Branch (2002-2005)
    - 0 Pro bowls
    - 0 1000+ yrd recieving seasons
    - 0 10+ Td seasons

Troy Brown (2001-2007)
    - 1x probowl
    - 1x 1000 yrd reciever
    - No seasons with more than 6 td's

Do you think he all of a sudden turned into a record breaking/mvp type qb from 06 too 07? NO...He finally had weapons manning had a whole career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billsftw View Post
    why do you never answer my questions
    i asked : is that why Sanchez is doing so well?
    it's like you only respond when you think you're going to win.
    because sanchez has nothing to do with this

your just trying to start an argument thats stupid as usual

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billsftw View Post
    why do you never answer my questions
    i asked : is that why Sanchez is doing so well?
    it's like you only respond when you think you're going to win.
    You are one of the biggest trolls I have ever seen on this forum. You do nothing but start arguments and add nothing productive to a discussion ever. You are the type of poster that brings down the perception of an entire fanbase (in this case the Patriots) and casts them in a negative light.

In terms of Brady, he is easily a top 5 quarterback all time. If he wins a SB this year then you have to seriously put him in the discussion for the best all time. Is he a clear cut number 1? I dont know if you can say that about anyone, but you can certainly make a very strong case for it.

New York Jets: 1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/13/14

vCash
    His W/L record is flat-out absurd; something in the neighborhood of 100 games over .500. He has literally won 3 out of every 4 games he has started, which is hard enough in the short term. Over the course of 11 or so seasons it's damn near impossible. Though Big Ben could conceivably give him a run.
    Brady's also at 300 career TD passes with just over 100 career INT's. I believe its the best all time ratio for any QB with that number of TD's; possibly by a considerable margin.

In the final analysis, like Derek Jeter, there's simply no better compliment in sports than to be known as a winner.

vCash
    He is already a top 5 QB IMO. Another Super Bowl and 3-4 more great season will definitely make him the best ever

vCash
    The lack of knowledge about Joe Montana on this thread is disgusting.

vCash
    1 of the greatest QB I have ever seen play, top 10 QB of all time in my opinion, maybe by the end of his career he can crack the top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    yea I actually noticed this as well, their all probably too young to have seen him play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    His W/L record is flat-out absurd; something in the neighborhood of 100 games over .500. He has literally won 3 out of every 4 games he has started, which is hard enough in the short term. Over the course of 11 or so seasons it's damn near impossible. Though Big Ben could conceivably give him a run.
    Brady's also at 300 career TD passes with just over 100 career INT's. I believe its the best all time ratio for any QB with that number of TD's; possibly by a considerable margin.

In the final analysis, like Derek Jeter, there's simply no better compliment in sports than to be known as a winner.
    This, if I am not mistaken I think his career record is something like 125-37 .. 70-11 at Foxborough, give or take a few wins/losses this is just off the top of my head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Montana is widely considered the best ever at the qb position...But Brady winning his 4th could change that..if he did his resume would be crazy

- 4x sb champ/5 appearences

- 2x sb mvp

- 2x league mvp

- Record breaking 07 season

- Best W/L record I believe, along with his current 2.61 TD/Oick ratio

- One of the best qb's all time in cold weather

* in 58 career games when its windy: 113 td's/35 picks/98.4 qb rating
    * in 13 games with precip: 16 tds/5 picks/94.2 qb rating
    * in cold games (below 40 degrees)- 71 td's/22 picks/96.2 qb rating

-Its also worthy of noting before '07 his weapons at WR/TE were average at best and without any star players...

vCash
    He is in the conversation even if he doesn't win another one.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Superbowls don't define individual greatness, so the answer to the question (for me anyway) is no. I would contend that he's not even the best quarterback of this era. For me, that's Peyton Manning. I've said it a million times on here that if Brady's body of work extends out some more years that I would have him in my top-5. However, to me he's never going to be the greatest of all time. I would take Dan Marino over everyone. Quickest release in NFL history and he set all the original records in an era where DB's could mug receivers. I can't imagine what he would have done playing under the current rules. That to me is just absurd. Montana was pretty clutch too. Manning basically running his own offensive system and calling his own plays. There's 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Superbowls don't define individual greatness, so the answer to the question (for me anyway) is no. I would contend that he's not even the best quarterback of this era. For me, that's Peyton Manning. I've said it a million times on here that if Brady's body of work extends out some more years that I would have him in my top-5. However, to me he's never going to be the greatest of all time. I would take Dan Marino over everyone. Quickest release in NFL history and he set all the original records in an era where DB's could mug receivers. I can't imagine what he would have done playing under the current rules. That to me is just absurd. Montana was pretty clutch too. Manning basically running his own offensive system and calling his own plays. There's 3.
    Well said.

That being said, we can all guess who is going to cosign this in a minute

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast