Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

vCash
    Look at all the quarterback arguments:

Wins- He has one of the best winning percentages of all time.

Stats- He is consistently at the top of the league in yards, TD's, and qb rating. His career numbers are becoming some of the best ever as well

Superbowls- Obviously not the best way to judge a QB, but he does have three rings and two MVPs which is pretty damn impressive

Clutch?- Yes

You look at all the factors, he's already one of the top 5 guys all time no matter what way you slice it. Adding another ring would just make it easier to call him the best of all time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Superbowls don't define individual greatness, so the answer to the question (for me anyway) is no. I would contend that he's not even the best quarterback of this era. For me, that's Peyton Manning. I've said it a million times on here that if Brady's body of work extends out some more years that I would have him in my top-5. However, to me he's never going to be the greatest of all time. I would take Dan Marino over everyone. Quickest release in NFL history and he set all the original records in an era where DB's could mug receivers. I can't imagine what he would have done playing under the current rules. That to me is just absurd. Montana was pretty clutch too. Manning basically running his own offensive system and calling his own plays. There's 3.

Give Tom Brady a dome with Marvin Harrison/Waynn ect..he'd put up HUGE numbers also

Tom Brady PROVED he could put up HUGE numbers when given elite talent...But nice job just using raw #'s when comparing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Well said.

That being said, we can all guess who is going to cosign this in a minute
    Or I won't, because I'm not a troll. And, again, I've said like 40x that I'm comfortable with people thinking Montana is GOAT....

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Or I won't, because I'm not a troll. And, again, I've said like 40x that I'm comfortable with people thinking Montana is GOAT....
    Oh! look who it is! I know, all in good fun.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrapeSoda View Post
    yea I actually noticed this as well, their all probably too young to have seen him play
    I saw Montana play a lot of games and virtually all of Brady's. I have them #1 and #2 all time in that order. But Brady isn't finished yet. Montana is the standard by which all QB's are measured but Brady is close and Rodgers could be as well in 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    You are one of the biggest trolls I have ever seen on this forum. You do nothing but start arguments and add nothing productive to a discussion ever. You are the type of poster that brings down the perception of an entire fanbase (in this case the Patriots) and casts them in a negative light.

In terms of Brady, he is easily a top 5 quarterback all time. If he wins a SB this year then you have to seriously put him in the discussion for the best all time. Is he a clear cut number 1? I dont know if you can say that about anyone, but you can certainly make a very strong case for it.
    He's a dupe. His posts are exactly like someone else who got banned before him.

vCash
    Quickest release in NFL history and he set all the original records in an era where DB's could mug receivers. I can't imagine what he would have done playing under the current rules. That to me is just absurd. Montana was pretty clutch too. Manning basically running his own offensive system and calling his own plays. There's 3.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rings meaning nothing for gauging All-Time QB's is "just absurd," but that's my opinion.
    Valid points but too much conjecture. Quickest release ever? That may be true but it's also completely speculative. Not sure it's even important.
    If Montana is a greater QB, as you state, are you certain that his "winning" wasn't part of the criteria you used for his greatness? Because statistically, Brady is going to pass (or has passed) all his marks.
    And if Brady benefits from today's NFL rules, then obviously so does Manning.
    And Brady has spent his career outdoors ( in one of the worst weather regions in the NFL) and for the most part, with marginal offensive talent around him. Compare the number of high picks Indy has used on offensive talent over the past decade vs. what Belichick and Pioli used. It's not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    Montana is widely considered the best ever at the qb position...But Brady winning his 4th could change that..if he did his resume would be crazy

- 4x sb champ/5 appearences

- 2x sb mvp

- 2x league mvp

- Record breaking 07 season

- Best W/L record I believe, along with his current 2.61 TD/Oick ratio

- One of the best qb's all time in cold weather

* in 58 career games when its windy: 113 td's/35 picks/98.4 qb rating
    * in 13 games with precip: 16 tds/5 picks/94.2 qb rating
    * in cold games (below 40 degrees)- 71 td's/22 picks/96.2 qb rating

-Its also worthy of noting before '07 his weapons at WR/TE were average at best and without any star players...
    Montana:

- 4x SB Champ/4 appearances

- 3x SB MVP

- 2x time league MVP

- record breaking 89 season

- had a very impressive 1.96 TD:INT ratio (especially for the time)

* led league in Comp. % 5 times, TDs 2 times, YPG 1 time, and QB rating 2 times
    * retired with the best QB rating of all-time, also the only player to have played primarily in the 80s (and one of 2 from the 90s or before) to be on the current top 10 best QB ratings ever list.
    * 8 straight games over a 100+ rating in the playoffs from 88 to 90, threw 22 TDs and 2 INTs during that span.
    * Never threw an INT in the SB and has the highest ever QB rating in Superbowls at 126.6.

Also, check out this article that speaks to Montana's 1989 brilliance:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...playoffs).html

- Won 2 Superbowls without Jerry Rice and 1 without Roger Craig...

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Montana:

- 3x SB MVP

- 2x time league MVP

* retired with the best QB rating of all-time, also the only player to have played primarily in the 80s (and one of 2 from the 90s or before) to be on the current top 10 best QB ratings ever list.
    * 8 straight games over a 100+ rating in the playoffs from 88 to 90, threw 22 TDs and 2 INTs during that span.
    * Never threw an INT in the SB and has the highest ever QB rating in Superbowls at 126.6.

The stats are no brainers but that article is outstanding! Nice find.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Montana:

- 3x SB MVP

- 2x time league MVP

I don't see how this is any better than Bradys Resume...if he wins another..

Also while it's an easier era...its not any easier too lead the league in a certain stat or win mvps/sb's/win games ect

And brady's led the nfl in qb rating twice, td's 3x, yrds twice ect..thats with meh offensive talent until 07

Combine that with the fact Tom Brady is an outside/cold weathered qb...

By no means am i saying Brady is BETTER than montana...but too say brady isn't in the conversation is ridiculous, esp with 1 more sb and 3 more probowl seasons

vCash
    I don't see how this is any better than Bradys Resume...if he wins another..

Also while it's an easier era...its not any easier too lead the league in a certain stat or win mvps/sb's/win games ect

And brady's led the nfl in qb rating twice, td's 3x, yrds twice ect..thats with meh offensive talent until 07

Combine that with the fact Tom Brady is an outside/cold weathered qb...

By no means am i saying Brady is BETTER than montana...but too say brady isn't in the conversation is ridiculous, esp with 1 more sb and 3 more probowl seasons
    I'm not saying he won't be in the conversation, but I get mad when people assume he is the GOAT without having a conversation.

vCash
    Give Tom Brady a dome with Marvin Harrison/Waynn ect..he'd put up HUGE numbers also

Tom Brady PROVED he could put up HUGE numbers when given elite talent...But nice job just using raw #'s when comparing
    Give Tom Brady a different head coach and no defense in a dome and see what he would do. You don't know and it's pure speculation. Give Peyton Manning Brady's team and the defenses he had when they were winning Superbowls and I would say he would have won MORE. See how easy it is to conjecture and speculate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Give Tom Brady a different head coach and no defense in a dome and see what he would do. You don't know and it's pure speculation. Give Peyton Manning Brady's team and the defenses he had when they were winning Superbowls and I would say he would have won MORE. See how easy it is to conjecture and speculate?
    Cept for the fact Brady proved he could play ball with Manning (Better) with a similar offence... Your arguement on the other hand, has no real comparison.

Also I haven't seen this mentioned to support Brady... He is also the only player in the history of the NFL to be unanimously voted as MVP... BOOM!

Just sayin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTerrific View Post
    Cept for the fact Brady proved he could play ball with Manning (Better) with a similar offence... Your arguement on the other hand, has no real comparison.

Also I haven't seen this mentioned to support Brady... He is also the only player in the history of the NFL to be unanimously voted as MVP... BOOM!

Just sayin.
    Not sure you want to bring up MVPs in a conversation about Manning/Brady considering Manning has 4

vCash
    Not sure you want to bring up MVPs in a conversation about Manning/Brady considering Manning has 4
    How many unanimous MVP awards?

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast