Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Idea I have for a Fantasy football league

Would you be interested or intrigued in a Fantasy Football league that was comprised of the following?

However many players (want to keep it at 10 or 12) would begin by selecting their favorite team. They would then automatically be imbued with all the relevant fantasy players from that team. As an example my favorite team is the 49ers so I would receive Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Delanie Walker, Tedd Ginn Jr., David Akers, San Francisco D, etc.

The rest of the leagues players would go into a Free Agency pool. The teams would then conduct an auction draft for the Free Agency players excluding rookies.

The rookie draft would be held afterward and the order would be based on the teams real life record this past season and all subsequent years would be based upon the records in the fantasy league.

For subsequent years the team that you originally selected (example: 49ers) you would have the option to automatically receive the rookie player drafted by your team, however you would have to surrender the relevant pick in the rookie draft (example: if the Niners selected Justin Blackmon I could choose to automatically get him but I'd surrender my 1st round pick in the rookie draft).

At the conclusion of the season every team is able to keep as many players from their previous season as they wished however for every player kept the amount of money in their Free Agency auction money pool would be subtracted from their total. So a person who kept 12 players would have less money to spend in the auction draft than a person who kept 9 players.

This is my idea to create a fantasy footblal league that creates a way for your to have your favorite teams' players on your fantasy team. A friend of mine says it's like trying to create Madden in a Fantasy Football enviroment.

What do you thinK? Any suggestions or things you don't like, please let me know!

vCash
    Guess I got my answer lol

vCash
    Not a bad idea.

vCash
    hmm its complicated but interesting

I'd join pm me

vCash
    I'm interested too. PM me?

#FreeSimmons

vCash
    Nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    Nothing
    me either man

#FreeSimmons

vCash
    My bad guys! I forgot about the post since it seemed like nobody was interested.

I'll PM you guys soon with contact info and details.

vCash
    Cool please do I am interested

vCash
    just not sure how it will work, what if you have the same team as someone else? People who are say a Pats fan have a huge advantage just because they are a fan of the team. I mean before a draft if you already have Brady, Welker, lloyd, Gronk, AH etc etc you have a huge leg up on someone just because they are a fan of a team. Same with the Saints, a lot of players who score a ton in fantasy.

I dont think it would work but have fun anyway!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    just not sure how it will work, what if you have the same team as someone else? People who are say a Pats fan have a huge advantage just because they are a fan of the team. I mean before a draft if you already have Brady, Welker, lloyd, Gronk, AH etc etc you have a huge leg up on someone just because they are a fan of a team. Same with the Saints, a lot of players who score a ton in fantasy.

I dont think it would work but have fun anyway!
    That was my initial concern too. Maybe they could assign auction values to the players from their selected team (from an agreed upon source like ESPN, Yahoo, etc)? So, if you got the Pats or Saints, you would end up with less money left over to spend in the auction portion of the draft.

I also think that after year one, there should be a penalty for rostering fewer than 'X' number of players from your selected NFL team.

vCash
    i think it sounds very fun as long as you have a diverse group and not too many people in the league.you get to be the niners and say you have eleven other players in the league then the talent pool is selected i think it could work and be fun.