Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Flopping Epidemic: Should the NBA start Fining/Suspending Players?

I am so sick of flopping... I blame you Vlade (I still love you though).

But anyways, why doesn't the NBA start handing out fines or techs or even suspensions for multiple incidents?

It takes away from the essence of the game, and we have superstars flopping... it pains me to see guys that are so good flop around to get calls.

In soccer they've started over the past few years to give out yellow cards...you can never completely stop it, but unlike soccer, the refs should be able to review flops (maybe they have some special ref that looks at them during the game or after the game is over with).

Outside of the death penalty, or being forced to play for the Wizards for a week, what should be the punishment for flopping in the NBA?

vCash
    Tech.

“The only thing I’ll tell you,” said Rose, “is it’s gonna change one day and when it does it’s going to be scary.”

09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
    Originally Posted by sargon21
    24 ppg, 8+ apg and improved defense along with an improved 3pt shot, plus 55+ wins and a 3rd seed could get him into the MVP conversation...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sargon21 View Post
    Tech.
    I think that makes the most sense actually. Whether they see it on the court, or review it after the game (I wouldn't mind them reviewing it during the game too, just to make them look like complete jack*****)

But yeah give a tech, but also a fine on top of that. 16 techs= suspension right?

vCash
    If only...

The expectations are visible behind Dwight Howard in LA

vCash
    Last edited by Longhornfan1234; 01-30-2012 at 04:49 AM.

vCash
    Make a flopping foul.

It would be embarrasing to get called out for and it hurts your team. The real problem is the refs calling tick tack fouls so much, if players weren't getting calls every time the defender breathes on them flopping wouldn't be as big of an issue.

vCash
    just a tech is fine. what are you talking about fineing and suspensions? thats too drastic for something like that
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    A regular foul or a tech is good anything that stops players from doing this... I hate how some announcers on TV even say "well you got to sell it" like that player is so gifted to fall on his *** and scream foul.

It's getting really bad in the NBA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    You can't call a foul on a player pretending to be fouled, lol.

It could be designated as a "violation" of some kind, such as 3 seconds in the lane, and multiple violations could be a technical, but there's no way to differentiate between flops, losing balance, actual charges, bad acting flops, average acting flops, etc.

Just let the suckers fall on their ***** and make an *** of themselves.

vCash
    I would say a tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    How bout just stop giving players bs calls? They're flopping because they're getting calls, if the refs let em play without a whistle every time a team goes down the court flopping wouldn't be a problem.

vCash
    What's hilarious and what makes the nba a joke is they said 2-3 years ago if you get caught flopping you get fined or A tech. I have yet to see it happen. The nba is buncha wieners if you ask me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sargon21 View Post
    Tech.
    This makes the most sense.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    Why would you fine them? In essence, flopping is becoming a huge part of defense. If it works, use it.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    I would say this is not as black and white an issue as some would make it out to be.

Flopping in essence , is required when taking a charge.

Basically , no defender is going to sit there and take the full force of the charge (if there is a charge) because the body naturally clinches up to take the impact.

Just because someone flops , doesn't mean that its technically not a foul.

Diving , on the other hand , which is what they get carded for in futbal - is what I think you should be referring to because it implies a deliberate act without any kind of influential contact.

Back in the day ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast