Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    1. Where are you from?
    North New Jersey

2. How Long Have You Been A Member Of Gang Green?
    Since Matt Robinson throwing deep bombs

3. Who's Your Favorite Current Jet?
    Didnt really have one favoirte but after this year i'm going to say Mark Sanchez. After I saw the beating he took all year on and off the field and never whined about it, i have to show him respect. You tell what quarterback would have done well with that team. 2 AFC championship games his first two years isn't shabby.

4. Who's Your Favorite All Time Jet?
    There is only one JET in my mind. JOE KLECKO

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    Rangers and Yankees

6. Anything Else You Care To Share?
    Always support your team. Remember reporters have to sell papers. they'll take minor bullsh*t story and sensationalize it. I never knew a head coach or GM who were looking to get fired. Only way you keep your job is to be successful.

Also im sick and tired of the media kissing the Pats cheating butts. They should have called the commissioner out for burning the tapes. They just let that fall to the waste side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    ... There is only one JET in my mind. JOE KLECKO...
    Welcome aboard, and...

What's that supposed to mean???

Mo Lewis IS a Jet.
    Al Toon IS a Jet.
    Joey U IS a Jet.
    Wesley Walker IS a Jet.

If you're saying that Klecko is your fav Jet, that's one thing, BUT if you're trying to say that he is the only true Jet, then No!

vCash
    what about Curtis Martin? Wayne Chrebet? they're better Jets than Joe Klecko was

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    what about Curtis Martin? Wayne Chrebet? they're better Jets than Joe Klecko was
    In no way, shape or form was Wayne Chrebet a better Jet than Joe Klecko.

Crom-Vis, you must not realize than Joe Klecko is the ONLY player EVER to make the pro bowl at 3 different position.

Wayne Chrebet equals a good story, but as a talent he was completely overrated. I can name at least 7 WRs that have been on the Jets that would have ran circles around him. And don't give me that but he ranks in team numbers crap, he might be the little engine that could, but he was not as good at Jets fans want to make him out to be.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    WELL WELL - I've seen this sitting at the top for too long, and not 1 post since May Day!

I'll try not to be too redundant - and if you can believe this, not too long (@!#$^%&^$$^%#@$%^%$#$ - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha )!

I'm from all over, but was born in Ithaca, NY and currently reside in Pleasant Grove, UT - out my door I can walk right up to the Rocky Mountains as we live on the upslope of the Wasatch Front

I have been a jets fan since - well, just look at my "name." For those who could care less - I was a 9 year old kid of immigrant parents that came to OUR GREAT COUNTRY to go to College - and never gave a hoot about sports - not even soccer (my dad played it in a Russian Concentration Camp in Latvia during WWII) - and I fell in love with football and baseball and skiing, by doing it, and fell for Joe Namath and OUR Jets in 1967 - because he was cool - AND living in Old Greenwich, CN - EVERYBODY was GIANT's fans - so as a "contrarian" - the Jets were my team. Many of you know about my accident in 1968 that led to me meeting Joe Namath, and most of the team - they then win the SB (even if they hadn't - I was hooked for life).

My Favorite JET - Do I have to limit it to 1?????? - Joe Namath - overall, and forever, but I just can't limit it to just one player.

1960s - Don Maynard, Gerry Phillbin, Emerson Boozer (could've been the most dynamic RB in history if he hadn't blown out his knee - his ability to come back and have a productive career, along with Gale Sayers was unheard of back then - I'm not equating Boozer to the Kansas Comet, but NOBODY EVER Spinned (spun) out of, or avoided more tackles than the Boose-man), George Sauer, Matt Snell, AL Atkinson, Johnny Sample, and Bill Baird

1970s (a very hard decade without a winning season; 7-7 X 3 and 8-8 once) - John Riggins, Winston Hill, Jerome Barkum and Richard Caster (the original two pass catching TEs; Gronk/Hernandez have nothing on those guys).

1980s - Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Lance Mehl, Marty Lyons, Mark Gastineau

1990s - Dennis Byrd - would have been a legend on the field - BUT INSTEAD - became a legend off the field - God Bless Dennis Byrd for giving so many people hope, Marvin Jones, Kyle Clifton, Aaron Glenn, Wayne Chrebet (for what he achieved as a JET, with what he was given by nature), Mo Lewis, Victor Green

2000's - CURTIS MARTIN, Chad Pennington, Kevin Mawae, Shaun Ellis, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick "give me Nick until I'm sick" Mangold, Darrell Revis, Laveranues (that's not how it sounds) Coles, Kris Jenkins

Favorite Current Jet - D'Brickashaw Ferguson/Nick Mangold

Other sports I enjoy - skiing, sailing and all water sports

Anything else I wish to share? YES, I love my fellow Jet Fans, and I appreciate every poster in this Forum. Thank you for allowing me to pontificate (wait - that would mean that I am a pompous, dogmatic know-it-all - and if I sound - read - like I am pontificating - please forgive me, and I'll try to do better next time)

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    1970s (a very hard decade without a winning season; 7-7 X 3 and 8-8 once) - John Riggins, Winston Hill, Jerome Barkum and Richard Caster (the original two pass catching TEs; Gronk/Hernandez have nothing on those guys).

1980s - Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Lance Mehl, Marty Lyons, Mark Gastineau
    No love for Abdul Salaam?

That's cold.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-23-2012 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    I thought this was an introductory thread. I guess I was wrong. Just another outlet for someone to attain affirmation for proving others wrong again. My bad.

8. 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM

9. 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM

10. 05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
    Reason
    Why can't we be friends? Why can't we beeeeeeee friends? Why can't we be friendsssssss!

11. 05-24-2012, 12:44 PM
    Reason
    Why can't we be friends? Why can't we beeeeeeee friends? Why can't we be friendsssssss!

12. 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
    Reason

13. 05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
    Reason

14. 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
    Reason

15. 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    No love for Abdul Salaam?

That's cold.
    You're right, I DO love Abdul Salaam - "servant of peace" - (drafted as Larry Faulk in the 7th round in 1976, but changed his name in 1977 because he wanted serenity in his life; wonder if it worked) - and although he played a valuable role in OUR "New York Sack Exchange," his 2.5 career sacks just didn't stack up with the other guys.

I have love for almost every Jet there ever was, but there are a few coaches, especially Lou Holtz, that I have a sincere disdain for, but that's ancient history.

Oh, and I absolutely know the spirit with which that post was made, and I salute the knowledge, and the humor. I think some of us need to, "Light'en up, Francis."

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Hi. Jets fan, former Brian Schottenheimer supporter, NJ resident, lover of the last draft, hater of the Sanchez (until the time comes), and weirdly optimistic about this 2012 team.

Favorite current Jet might be Wilkerson but that's only because he's from the right county of NJ (also he's awesome). D'Brick might be my favorite favorite...favorite.

vCash
    1. Where are you from? Queens NY, currently live in Aurora Colorado

2. How Long Have You Been A Member Of Gang Green? Since I was born in 1994, dad has been a Jet fan since 1964.

3. Who's Your Favorite Current Jet? David Harris

4. Who's Your Favorite All Time Jet? Laveranues Coles

Mets, Islanders, and Knicks.

6. Anything Else You Care To Share? Joining the airforce after I graduate from highschool this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Hi. Jets fan, former Brian Schottenheimer supporter, NJ resident, lover of the last draft, hater of the Sanchez (until the time comes), and weirdly optimistic about this 2012 team.

Favorite current Jet might be Wilkerson but that's only because he's from the right county of NJ (also he's awesome). D'Brick might be my favorite favorite...favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    1. Where are you from? Queens NY, currently live in Aurora Colorado

2. How Long Have You Been A Member Of Gang Green? Since I was born in 1994, dad has been a Jet fan since 1964.

3. Who's Your Favorite Current Jet? David Harris

4. Who's Your Favorite All Time Jet? Laveranues Coles

Mets, Islanders, and Knicks.

6. Anything Else You Care To Share? Joining the airforce after I graduate from highschool this year.
    Welcome guys. Post often!

vCash
    Thank you

vCash
    1. Where are you from?
    Northern New Jersey, but currently living in Bensalem, PA

Since I can remember. I still have the 1992 team poster up in my room back home, but I was watching before that. I guess I must have been 4/5 years old.

Hard to pick just one, so I'll say Rex Ryan.

I never saw him play, but I guess Joe Namath. It's hard NOT to pick him.

Hockey (Devils); Baseball (Mets)

J-E-T-S!

vCash
    Welcome!

vCash
    1. Where are you from?

Burlington, New Jersey

All my life

REVIS!

Shaun Ellis

Baseball- Mets
    Basketball- Knicks
    Soccer- Tottenham Hot Spurs
    College Football- Rutgers

Patriots suck! LETS GO JETS

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast