Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trade Deadline Thread

Post your ideas, rumors, and deadline news in here.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Blues need a goal scorer. Plain and simple. If they don't add a scoring threat I would like them to atleast add someone like Brenden Morrow from the Dallas Stars. We need another LW and he would add even more toughness to an already physical hockey team. Also, our group of d-man are really solid but if the right deal came along to upgrade it for the playoff run and for years to come I am all for it.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 01-28-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Could we pull off a trade for Bobby Ryan? Maybe something like - Ben Bishop or Jake Allen, Stewart for Bobby Ryan.

vCash
    ^ Not nearly enough.

Perron/Berglund, Cole and a 2nd round pick if not a 1st would be an ideal package that Anaheim would be looking for. Which I'm not a fan of doing. He makes a lot of money and isn't a superstar. Thats a lot to give up. Would rather just sign Parise in the offseason lol.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 01-29-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    ESPN Insider:

UPDATE: The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Andy McDonald (concussion) could return to the lineup for the St. Louis Blues on Sunday. A healthy comeback by McDonald could have a lot of influence on what direction GM Doug Armstrong takes ahead of the trade deadline.

McDonald skated alongside Patrik Berglund and Chris Stewart during Friday's practice.

Ahead of the Feb. 27 trade deadline, the St. Louis Blues could trade for a top-six forward, add some botton-six depth up front, deal for an experienced stay-at-home defenseman, or make no move whatsoever. Much will be dictated by who's available, and health of the club through the next couple of weeks.

According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the "make no move" strategy is realistic option, considering the Blues' ownership situation:

"... The Blues' payroll entering the season reached $52 million and it's believed the Blues are near their budget ceiling approaching the trading deadline. A transferring of the ownership to the group led by club minority owner Tom Stillman could infuse immediate resources into the organization, but the sale is not expected to be complete until March. Armstrong declined to answer how much flexibility he would have at the deadline under the current ownership ..."

The wait-and-see approach also makes sense considering Alexander Steen and/or Andy McDonald could still return freom respective concussions this campaign. There's talk -- via TrueHockey.com's Andy Strickland -- that McDonald could return as early as next week.

Plus, if it ain't broke ... Nearly unbeatable at home, the Blues remain in fourth place in the West.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars...ve-by-deadline

Ott and Ribeiro available. Armstrong loves his former Dallas guys. He brought both of those guys to Dallas. Would love to see us add one of them.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    I don't see the Blues making any major moves. For one, they don't need to. Plus, Doug Armstrong has talked himself blue (no pun intended) in the face telling everyone who will listen that the Blues are on a budget and no moves are likely.

I could see if something came along that saved them money and improved the team, they would make a move. But how many of those come along each year?

The Blues have good chemistry. Sure, they could use a goal scorer. They could also use a good setup man to get more goals out of the guys they do have. But the Blues have a good thing going and I don't want to see them screw up their future for a 'home run' move this year.

vCash
    As every day passes and gets closer the deadline I think the same thing. I'm still holding out hope our budget isn't as tight as they say. I agree with almost all your points except the the one where you say we don't need a to make a deal. I disagree completely. Even with a fully healthy roster, we need another body for quality depth and someone who can generate some goal scoring, especially on the power play. As of right now, we stay the same I can see us getting to the second round but if we want any shot at beating Detroit or Vancouver in a 7 game series we have got to add some offense at the deadline.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    My issue with making a big trade for a 'goal scorer' is that the cost would be high to get a bona-fide goal scorer. And not only that, how many goal scorers are available? I just don't want the Blues to sell out for one guy and hurt the team this year and for the future.

The Blues are one of the few teams in the NHL that don't have any of those stupid cap-circumventing contracts that handcuff teams. The Blues have a great core built up and they don't have any contracts that are harming them from making any major moves. The one big thing that's stopping them is their ownership situation.

Would I like to see the Blues make a move? Sure. But if you have to give up two or three NHL players to get a top quality player? Not only does that hurt your depth and chemistry, but I just don't think it will happen.

vCash
    I think we could get someone like Mike Ribeiro for Cole, Bishop and a 1st. Thats not giving up much, IMO. They get 2 quality prospects, a 1st round pick, and cap relief. Ribeiro makes around 5 million a year.

Playoff roster assuming all healthy:

Steen Ribeiro Backes
    Perron McDonald Oshie
    Berglund Arnott Dagostini
    Crombeen Sobotka Stewart
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    I don't know if it's been reported on here at all. Bishop to the Senators for a 2nd round pick in 2013.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...trade-deadline

vCash
    I think that's a decent haul for Bishop. I really thought we'd be looking at a 3rd-4th rounder for Bishop, so to get a 2nd is a good deal, I think.

vCash
    While I am happy we got a decent draft pick for Bishop I am a little bit upset that we didn't package him with other prospects and draft picks to get a forward who can help us, especially on the power play.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    yeah i thought we would get more too

vCash
    Which prospects would you guys be willing to give up? I'm not naysaying the idea, I'd be up for the right deal, but a 2nd rounder for Bishop isn't bad. It's also questionable how much a club would want to give up for a goaltender who has spent most of his career in the AHL and has had so-so success during his few call-ups.

There was a tweet out there from a Tampa Bay Lightning reporter who said that Yzerman was interested in Bishop, but wouldn't give up anything higher than a 3rd rounder. I think the Blues got what they could for Bishop. My hope is that Armstrong now views this as another trade chip that he can package for something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast