Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 639
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,476
    vCash
    1500
    Can't argue that...if we had harbaugh, we are playing in two weeks as well...

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    The "jerry needs to do this" thread was closed and asked to have the discussion be moved to this thread instead. i'm fine with that even though i believe everything discussed in said thread pertained to the Dallas Cowboys. Sometimes surface based talk goes deeper, especially when it's needed to address the root of the problem. Things do get heated, but we managed to discuss morality, race, and ethics without crossing any personal boundaries so i think that at the very minimum it shows some maturity.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,476
    vCash
    1500
    thank you! Keep it in here where it belongs. And no, that thread was closed because it WASN'T about hte Dallas Cowboys...baggy clothes? prison for homosexual? that is Dallas cowboy related? uh-uh

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    well if i may, The baggy clothes > related to Dez > Dez is a Cowboys player > Dez bryant was representing his community and culture > needed to define what baggy pants represented > prison culture and homosexuality.

    It all stemmed together and no one was personally attacking anyone. We did manage to talk about some very sketchy topics without crossing any lines. I think that's a victory for debate and this forum, at least imo.

    However we definitely did take over the thread with our debate, but the thread itself wasn't getting much action so we did help bring some attention to it.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    going off our current debate in regards to morality, race, genealogy, slavery, upbringing, and different standards for different racial backgrounds i want Blacknell to know that the Jewish race has been one of the most tormented if not the most tormented races in the history of mankind. Stemming from ancient Egypt, through Roman conquest, into the Holocaust, and into present, not to mention the future prophecies. This race of people has seen it all. If there's one race of people who should be complaining about historical upbringing and having it bad they would have the highest right.

    6M alone died in brutal methods 70 years ago and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

    Yet these people have collectively risen up, never asked for a different standard, never expected special treatment or passes, been polite along the way and amazingly 22% of all Nobel Prize winners from 1901-2012 have been of Jewish decent. I don't need to state the names of successful businessmen of Jewish decent either.

    www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

    They could have blamed their upbringing, their ancestry, or found whatever other excuse they wanted, but they "chose" to better their lives regardless of the adversity. You've found every reason to blame everyone but the person making the choices. Dez Bryant and Jay Ratliff, if you want them to be treated respectfully have to have the same set of standards as anyone else.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,476
    vCash
    1500
    every team has players like Dez and Jay...I am hoping that Dez has turned the corner (so far, so good), and I hope that Jay's indiscretion was a 1-time deal...I REALLY hope that someone has spoken to him and verbally smacked him in the back of his head...

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,749
    vCash
    1500
    i think jerry is alot of the problem now...

    I mean, i love jerry the gm, but jerry is making it impossible for anyone to win here. he gets talent, IMO, but then he underminds the coaches, and coddles the players... there is on accountability.
    who gets a head coach, then picks there staff for them? wtf... i mean, who can work like that?

    do they get along? do there philosophies match? seriously...


    Garrett, if he took the ravens job, would be in the superbowl right now still. and we would be were we are at now....

    this sucks.. jerry needs to take a huge backseat. like ive said before. he can have his gm role. pick players, do the draft, etc. but for pete sake, let the coach coach. no one can work like that. let him get his own staff. run his offense, defense. let the coach fine players, cut players, start players, bench players.

    if you dont want garrett, fine... idc.. but even if garret gets fired, the next coach is getting a pre assembled staff. and has to deal with an owner who will let players go over your head, and undermind you.

    ive read reports that gruden didnt get along with some of his previous staff, and thats why its "ridiculous" that he would be in the mix.

    i like jerry. but, this is a huge problem imo.
    Last edited by rawz; 01-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,749
    vCash
    1500
    side note.. if we win the superbowl, would any of you change your tone toward jerry? i mean, huge if, and most say it would never happen.. but lets pretend, fantasy, in a world of rainbows and lollipops.. lol.

    say we win superbowl next year... then will you guys say jerry is a good gm? im just curious.... ( im not trying to imply that would make him great, or not.. just total, curiousity.)

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,476
    vCash
    1500
    I would likely not say good unless he shows good decisions for more than one season...I might stop ragging on Garrett...

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i think jerry is alot of the problem now...

    I mean, i love jerry the gm, but jerry is making it impossible for anyone to win here. he gets talent, IMO, but then he underminds the coaches, and coddles the players... there is on accountability.
    who gets a head coach, then picks there staff for them? wtf... i mean, who can work like that?

    do they get along? do there philosophies match? seriously...


    Garrett, if he took the ravens job, would be in the superbowl right now still. and we would be were we are at now....

    this sucks.. jerry needs to take a huge backseat. like ive said before. he can have his gm role. pick players, do the draft, etc. but for pete sake, let the coach coach. no one can work like that. let him get his own staff. run his offense, defense. let the coach fine players, cut players, start players, bench players.

    if you dont want garrett, fine... idc.. but even if garret gets fired, the next coach is getting a pre assembled staff. and has to deal with an owner who will let players go over your head, and undermind you.

    ive read reports that gruden didnt get along with some of his previous staff, and thats why its "ridiculous" that he would be in the mix.

    i like jerry. but, this is a huge problem imo.
    I can't believe what I'm reading! Are you coming to the dark side??

    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    side note.. if we win the superbowl, would any of you change your tone toward jerry? i mean, huge if, and most say it would never happen.. but lets pretend, fantasy, in a world of rainbows and lollipops.. lol.

    say we win superbowl next year... then will you guys say jerry is a good gm? im just curious.... ( im not trying to imply that would make him great, or not.. just total, curiousity.)
    Nope, and nope.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Thadon just read what you posted about jews having a right to complain, but are you trying to say that blacks didn't? That sure seems like what your trying to say.Being taken from your country and being sold to whites having your name changed and beat everyday with whips and eating slop on a daily basis is no reason to complain? Being denied an education and beat if you could read and having to watch the kids of people who beat you is no reason to complain? For you to be educated thats the stupidest crap I have ever heard in my life.

    Also for you information there are plenty of highly successful blacks in this world and they aren't just football players or other athletes. Look at Magic johnson, Michael jordan, Oprah,Obama, 50 cent, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Russell Simmons, Robert Johnson, and there are many others just named the ones off the top of my head
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Rawz we will never win a super bowl with Garrett.

    He has no fire and passion on the side lines looking like Richie Cunningham, when he should be like Jim Harbaugh with some kind of emotion. He sucks as a motivator and play caller which happen to be 2 main ingredients in being a good HC.

    Jerry to me is not the the problem because he is giving them talent he just doesn't use his check book wisely at times. Ex. Paying Scandrick the money he did to suck and signing players like Brooking when Ray Lewis wanted to come here. But at times the Deions Sanders, TO, and Keyshawn Signings were all great and one helped us win a super bowl.

    Emmitt Smith said that Jerry came on the field at practice and games and that didn't bother them or stop them from winning super bowls, the teams we have now are just to soft and get pushed around to easily. No team can win with a QB who will find a way to lose must win games every year. Jerry didn't throw those 3 Ints to the redskins or the ones against the Giants the year before.

    Jerry is responsible for not drafting a QB, but trying to find them as undrafted free agents. You can't hope to find gems in a pile of poop every year it just doesn't work that way. Romo is not the option and alot of the problems are because of him because he lacks a killer instinct , confidence, leadership, and looks to blames others all the time for his interceptions. We need a Qb who takes blame for the mistakes on offense and leads by example...The times have changed time to look for an athletic QB who can run and throw. Tajh Boyd is the answer to the Dallas Cowboys problems
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Rawz we will never win a super bowl with Garrett.

    He has no fire and passion on the side lines looking like Richie Cunningham, when he should be like Jim Harbaugh with some kind of emotion. He sucks as a motivator and play caller which happen to be 2 main ingredients in being a good HC.

    Jerry to me is not the the problem because he is giving them talent he just doesn't use his check book wisely at times. Ex. Paying Scandrick the money he did to suck and signing players like Brooking when Ray Lewis wanted to come here. But at times the Deions Sanders, TO, and Keyshawn Signings were all great and one helped us win a super bowl.

    Emmitt Smith said that Jerry came on the field at practice and games and that didn't bother them or stop them from winning super bowls, the teams we have now are just to soft and get pushed around to easily. No team can win with a QB who will find a way to lose must win games every year. Jerry didn't throw those 3 Ints to the redskins or the ones against the Giants the year before.

    Jerry is responsible for not drafting a QB, but trying to find them as undrafted free agents. You can't hope to find gems in a pile of poop every year it just doesn't work that way. Romo is not the option and alot of the problems are because of him because he lacks a killer instinct , confidence, leadership, and looks to blames others all the time for his interceptions. We need a Qb who takes blame for the mistakes on offense and leads by example...The times have changed time to look for an athletic QB who can run and throw. Tajh Boyd is the answer to the Dallas Cowboys problems
    garrett, is not the problem. Bill belicheck is has laid back has it gets. he is a winner. You dont have to jump up and down on the sidelines to be a great coach. jerry is more of a problem then garrett. I agree with some of what you said. jerry isnt afraid to spend money.
    I love jerry the gm. but jerry waaaaay oversteps his bounds.

    also, jerry doesnt try and find qbs via undrafted route. he drafted one with his top draft choice the year aikman left, via 2nd round. then he tried free agency, (leaf, vinny, etc, bledsoe, etc.)

    he actually wasnt the one that "found" romo, per say. that was sean payton. ( payton even tried to trade for romo when he left for the saints.

    parcells deserves a little credit, for finally giving him the start.

    we aint going to have a better qb then romo for the foreseeable future IMO. certainly there are no free agents better, or that i would want. Im not real thrilled about any qb we could draft. i say, roll with romo.
    I think with guys like parcells, and jimmy, to an extent, they were able to keep him in check. the buck has to stop at the coach.

    you cant pre assemble a staff for a coach, then let players go over your head to the owner.

    with jimmy, parcells, players new that coach could cut them, fine them, or whatever. with garrrett, wade, etc, they dont care, cause they have a more powerful allie in jones.

    i still think jerry is a good gm, in the aspect i think he gets talent on the field.. but there is no accountability, and i think garrett couldnt do a better job, under the circumstances. he has his hands tide. its jones that needs to cut the cord to the players.

    we need more discipline, and that aint possible unless jones takes a back seat.

    IMO.
    Last edited by rawz; 02-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Thadon just read what you posted about jews having a right to complain, but are you trying to say that blacks didn't? That sure seems like what your trying to say.Being taken from your country and being sold to whites having your name changed and beat everyday with whips and eating slop on a daily basis is no reason to complain? Being denied an education and beat if you could read and having to watch the kids of people who beat you is no reason to complain? For you to be educated thats the stupidest crap I have ever heard in my life.

    Also for you information there are plenty of highly successful blacks in this world and they aren't just football players or other athletes. Look at Magic johnson, Michael jordan, Oprah,Obama, 50 cent, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Russell Simmons, Robert Johnson, and there are many others just named the ones off the top of my head
    You missed the entire point. You have never read one sentence of mine that dismisses what happened to blacks. What you have read is that it's not a legitimate reason to get a free pass. Many times all i ever hear is about how blacks "had" it so bad, yet there have been many races of people who have had it worse. Nothing dismisses what happened to blacks 150 years ago, but that has nothing to do with you or anyone alive today. Every person on Earth has had an ancestor who at one point or another was a slave. There have been plenty of races throughout history who have been enslaved. If we all complained and asked for a pass because of something that happened centuries ago we'd all be having our hands out asking for someone else to do the work or to act right.

    The Jewish race is a prime example. Can't forget the Native American's either. How many times do you hear of Jewish people "complaining" about their ancestors?

    1. You have no reason to complain because what happened to your "ancestors" who you don't personally know, have nothing to do with you.

    2. How many years do we need to complain? 150? 200? 250? Get over it, everyone has an ancestor who had it bad and the entire world isn't playing the pitty card.

    3. If you want to measure on a scale of "who had the worst" you'd find the Jewish people have been enslaved and mistreated far longer and in much harsher environments than any other race.

    Many of the races of people who have had ancestors who were enslaved aren't asking to be treated differently. So why should blacks (dez/Rat) get a pass to act foolishly when it happened 150 years ago, happened to people that aren't personally connected to anyone alive today, was not nearly as severe as what's happened to other races, and evidence suggests that slavery of ancestors does not prevent current generations from excelling?

    You named people who are black that have thrived in the world, only celebrities and one politician, but at least you show that they don't allow poor backgrounds, ancestry, or any other excuse from holding them back. So why the double standard when it comes to holding the black race to a different accountability.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,279
    vCash
    1500
    I'm so happy the Ravens won. I didn't want the 49ers to have more superbowls! lol

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •