Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question to long tenured fans

Could you ever reach a point of frustration with the Jerry Jones Cowboys that you'd walk away?

Looking at the stadium the past few years it appears many Cowboys fans have stopped carrying the torch. It's not the losing for me it's the unjustifiable way in which we've fallen short the past three seasons. (Each of those seasons we should've been the playoffs.)

I'm just curious is Cowboys football still fun? Could it reach a point where it's not fun anymore?

The End is Coming.

vCash
    not for me. i love football too much to just walk away.

vCash
    @OP

football is a sport and for entertainment purposes, so yes I can get to a point where i'm turned off by the organization.......not too far off

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Yes. Maybe I should thank Jerry for making it easy to spend more time with the family and friends instead of watching the four full quarters of football....opps I meant what should be football... down to the first drive of offense/defense of the first quarter. I will say that I do spend more time with the college (UGA, TCU, UNT) now than I did before.

I will always be a cowboy fan its whether or not that I will be a "plugged in, merchandise buying, water cooler talking, arm chair coach" fan.

vCash
    Long time Cub fan here.

For me, like my nationality, my fandom was determined long ago. And not by me. I spent countless summer days sitting in the bleachers with my dad at Wrigley Field. That... was summer for me.

If I could have just shut off the Cub fanboy switch, I'd have done it years ago. I've spent a lifetime watching bad baseball. Who knows, my patience just may pay off.

Having said that, if baseball (or football or basketball) is on, I'm probably watching. Regardless of what teams are playing. But I'll never stop watching my team play

vCash
    To me, watching the cowboys has become less about watching the cowboys, and more about having a good time with the people I'm watching it with. I won't ever get tired of watching the cowboys, even if they went 0-16, because I've spent a good chunk of my life following/supporting them. But like I said, cowboy football has become less about cowboys football and more about having a good time.

titties

vCash
    I've lost all respect for Dallas area Cowboys fans. The amount of opposing teams fans in the stadium is unacceptable and proves that a lot of you are bandwagon fans.

vCash
    This is a great thread , I know I kid with my dad . He's a Giants fan and most of my friends are too. There are fans of other teams too that I would say I'm jumping ship. It might get to the point where Jerry loses a lot more fans due to stupidity. I'm not at that point but If this continues I don't see us winning anytime soon.. Pretty pathetic

vCash
    it's hard to watch the team to be honest. I'm only 24 so I can't speak for the older fans but I can't just "give up" on a team. I will say this though, i do get sick to my stomach watching a "home" game and hearing the opposing team get cheered louder than the Cowboys.

It all comes down to Jerry Jones too... great business man but starting to become a bad owner.. i say that because he does seem to try and win.. at least to me

vCash
    Like Jose, I'm only 24 too so my "long tenure" is shorter than most probably. I never get tired of watching them either. It gets frustrating, but I get frustrated with all of my teams (admittedly less than the Cowboys because my other teams are well run organizations). Perhaps it is the fact that the other teams I favor for baseball (the Braves) and basketball (Bulls) are so well run that I can handle the Cowboys BS.

vCash
    I'm A lot older and seen how Jerry has single handily destroyed this team .. It all started with coach laundry and than Jimmy Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    I'm A lot older and seen how Jerry has single handily destroyed this team .. It all started with coach laundry and than Jimmy Johnson
    yeah , getting wiser with the sport as i grew up and understanding more and more pisses me off .

I don't want to call Jerry a bad owner because he does pay his players and does try to field a legit team. On the other hand he's too involved and incompetent to allow a TRUE General Manager to run the organization. Jerry seems to be an ego maniac and wants all the glory

vCash
    I'm to the point where this team makes me sick to my stomach. Jerry Jones is single handedly destroying this football team. He's a horrible GM who will always be a horrible GM & there is no hope for the future with his son waiting in the wings. The only reason this team became relevant again (statistically) was because of Bill Parcells & him only. His 2005 draft only catapulted this team back into superstar status & his coaching tree for the most part was even better. Ware, Canty, Ratliff, Gurode, Newman, Austin, Witten were all Parcells guys. We need football people making football decisions. Do you see Bob Kraft sticking his nose where it doesn't belong? No! Honestly, this team needs to be blown up and rebuilt but unfortunately all I see is mediocrity from here on out & that pisses me off. I've been a die hard Cowboys fan for over 30 years and for the most part of the last 15+ years it's been the same song and dance. Fire Garrett and bring in Harbaugh - I want to win and I want the Cowboys to be a respected & feared franchise once again, not the punch line to every joke. If changes don't happen soon I may just disconnect.

vCash
    The difference between Kraft and Jones. Is Jones won a national championchip as a player. I always felt like thats how he justifies being so involved. I think if that wasnt true and he still owned the team he would have hired a GM long ago. And not to defend him but I think that having ring would probably make any of us think we know more about the game then we do. How many of us thinks we would make a good GM. Id love to give it a shot. And how many of us won a national title as a player. I just wish he would hire polian or or somebody like that.

vCash
    But im not jumping ship. Not now not never. Im not even giving up on this season. Not yet anyway. I saw a different defense out there sunday. They shut SF out in the second half and they were not sitting on a lead. They only rushed 25 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast