Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

2 22.22%
  • Detroit Lions

7 77.78%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wild Card Playoffs: #3 Dallas Cowboys (12-4) vs. #6 Detroit Lions (11-5)

WILD CARD PLAYOFFS

January 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM EST

Dallas Cowboys

vs

Detroit Lions

vCash
    We're back baby!!

Big news today: Suh has been suspended for the game. This is huge for us. Murray should be able to have an easier game now since Suh was anchoring their run D. It's also great for Romo since Suh is such a dirty player and could have hurt Romo.

We're going to have to stop Calvin Johnson somehow. I am not afraid of Golden Tate. If we contain Johnson, we shut down Stafford essentially. No worry about their run game, so that's also good. I wanted the Lions much more than the Packers myself, so I like our matchup with them. I think we can win this pretty easily, especially since they are missing Suh.

PREDICTION: Cowboys, 34-21.

vCash
    We might not have henry melton...
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...fs-with-injury

titties

vCash
    Stafford is 0-17 against teams with a winning record. The Lions defensive player are already saying without Suh it will be very hard to stop our Offense. I think if we can score early and often this could be an easy game but if we allow them to stay in it and gain confidence it could be a long day.

vCash
    Much better feeling with Suh out and Fairley remaining out.

But it is still a playoff game and I would have still rather have faced Lindley or Carolina.

Can. Not. Wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    We're back baby!!

Big news today: Suh has been suspended for the game. This is huge for us. Murray should be able to have an easier game now since Suh was anchoring their run D. It's also great for Romo since Suh is such a dirty player and could have hurt Romo.

We're going to have to stop Calvin Johnson somehow. I am not afraid of Golden Tate. If we contain Johnson, we shut down Stafford essentially. No worry about their run game, so that's also good. I wanted the Lions much more than the Packers myself, so I like our matchup with them. I think we can win this pretty easily, especially since they are missing Suh.

Tate has always hurt the Cowboys in some way when he's played them. I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. The key is they are going to have to find a way to get pressure on Stafford. The CB's are not good enough to cover Johnson for more than a couple of seconds. On offense the Cowboys just need to keep doing what they do best... Run the Ball!... Control the clock and let that o-line wear them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Tate has always hurt the Cowboys in some way when he's played them. I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. The key is they are going to have to find a way to get pressure on Stafford. The CB's are not good enough to cover Johnson for more than a couple of seconds. On offense the Cowboys just need to keep doing what they do best... Run the Ball!... Control the clock and let that o-line wear them down.
    Meh, I don't know about that. Golden Tate's career stats against Dallas =

2011: 1 Target, 1 Catch, 8 yds.
    2012: 4 Targets, 3 Catches, 34 yards.

I wouldn't call that hurting us at all. I think the biggest thing he has done is that huge/illegal hit on Sean Lee that got him fined.

On other fronts I agree though, pressure on Stafford is important. Let's coax him into a few mistakes and put the game away early.

vCash
    as long as we don't turn the ball over we should beat the Lions, but the defense needs to show up like they have the past few weeks and we will be unstoppable.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Meh, I don't know about that. Golden Tate's career stats against Dallas =

2011: 1 Target, 1 Catch, 8 yds.
    2012: 4 Targets, 3 Catches, 34 yards.

I wouldn't call that hurting us at all. I think the biggest thing he has done is that huge/illegal hit on Sean Lee that got him fined.

On other fronts I agree though, pressure on Stafford is important. Let's coax him into a few mistakes and put the game away early.
    I'm not talking about stats. Tate has always done little things that affect the game like the hit on Lee. He was fined for the hit but if I remember correctly he wasn't penalized for it. I'm just saying that he does little things that have always helped beat the Cowboys.

vCash
    We're back baby!!

Suh is appealing the suspension and I think there's better than a 50/50 chance that he plays on Sunday. The guy who's in charge of hearing the appeal is Ted Cottrell. He overturned the suspension of Ed Reed in 2012. Since there was no flag on the play where Suh did what he did, I think that Suh will play on Sunday.:-(

It stinks, but what can you do?

vCash
    Suh is playing smh... but oh well..

vCash
    I'm kinda glad he's playing. It's a better test for the oline. It doesn't get much harder in terms of defensive lines after this game. I hope melton can play.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    I'm kinda glad he's playing. It's a better test for the oline. It doesn't get much harder in terms of defensive lines after this game. I hope melton can play.
    Yeah makes sense, hard test in win or go home game instead of an easier time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    It's going to be harder going for Murray. When Suh plays, the Lions give up only 3.0 yards per carry. When he doesn't play, the Lions give up 3.8 yards per carry.

BTW, Melton has been put on IR, and is out for the rest of the playoffs.

vCash
    Eeek, I'm scared.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast