Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Was Randle right about Murray?

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-le...demarco-murray

Interesting read, and from a Philly guy.

vCash
    The cowboys could put a one legged 400 pounder behind their Line and he would be Dynamic... I am not huge on over paying for a back not named AP.... This Oline you guys have will make any running back look legit as long as they run North to south....Its that simple... Romo plus this Oline is a Runningbacks Wet dream.

vCash
    I think it's more how he wasn't that great at finishing big runs. Think about it, how many times did he break away only to slow down like he was gassed and got tackled from behind or go out of bounds? Didn't happen that often, but I remember it happening enough for me to question it when it happened. Adrian peterson, Jamaal charles, shady, they all finish break away runs consistently. Murray looked and sounded like he was in great shape, but maybe he just didn't have much stamina? I don't know, but I think that's what the left meat on the bone comment was more about than just not hitting holes, which every back does every games. I'm feeling more and more conformable with our rb committee. McFadden is a decent blocker, has speed and size, he could have a career year if he stays healthy. Randle is 215 lbs so he's our biggest back. That's kinda scarey our biggest back is that light, but it's not a huge issue. He has some problems, but he does an adequate job blocking and showed burst and big play potential in limited reps last year, let's see what another offseason and competing for a starting spot does for him this year. Dunbar is still our outside run/pitch, and screen play back. Again I'm sure another year and also added motivation of replacing Murray do well for him, but have to wait and see. Don't think Williams makes the team, but maybe lands back on the practice squad. Behind an o line that got even better, we shouldn't need a workhorse 300+ carry every down back like Murray, and these multiple skillsets used properly should equal or surpass 1800 yards. Point is, Murray DID leave yards out there with unfinished runs/fumbles, but it's not as bad as it seems because it kept the d off the field longer and he got breaks so the back ups got important reps. Only other backs I'd want now are a.p., melvin gordon, or leveon bell, and none if them are legitimate options at this point. We are fine with theses guys. Now if one of them gets injured, then I'd start to worry, but not like I did when Murray got hurt all those times.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    I think it's more how he wasn't that great at finishing big runs. Think about it, how many times did he break away only to slow down like he was gassed and got tackled from behind or go out of bounds? Didn't happen that often, but I remember it happening enough for me to question it when it happened. Adrian peterson, Jamaal charles, shady, they all finish break away runs consistently. Murray looked and sounded like he was in great shape, but maybe he just didn't have much stamina? I don't know, but I think that's what the left meat on the bone comment was more about than just not hitting holes, which every back does every games. I'm feeling more and more conformable with our rb committee. McFadden is a decent blocker, has speed and size, he could have a career year if he stays healthy. Randle is 215 lbs so he's our biggest back. That's kinda scarey our biggest back is that light, but it's not a huge issue. He has some problems, but he does an adequate job blocking and showed burst and big play potential in limited reps last year, let's see what another offseason and competing for a starting spot does for him this year. Dunbar is still our outside run/pitch, and screen play back. Again I'm sure another year and also added motivation of replacing Murray do well for him, but have to wait and see. Don't think Williams makes the team, but maybe lands back on the practice squad. Behind an o line that got even better, we shouldn't need a workhorse 300+ carry every down back like Murray, and these multiple skillsets used properly should equal or surpass 1800 yards. Point is, Murray DID leave yards out there with unfinished runs/fumbles, but it's not as bad as it seems because it kept the d off the field longer and he got breaks so the back ups got important reps. Only other backs I'd want now are a.p., melvin gordon, or leveon bell, and none if them are legitimate options at this point. We are fine with theses guys. Now if one of them gets injured, then I'd start to worry, but not like I did when Murray got hurt all those times.
    Maybe it's because of his running style but people fail to realize that Randle and Murray are about the same size. Murray may have about 5 lbs on Randle but they are the same height.

vCash
    Can't wait to see McFadden play, him and Randle are gonna improve the running game this year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyofdallas View Post
    Can't wait to see McFadden play, him and Randle are gonna improve the running game this year...
    Pass it off bruh, think you've had enough if you think the running game is going to improve lol

vCash
    If McFadden can stay healthy he will rush for more yards than Murray did last year. McFadden is faster to hit the holes and has break away speed that Murray does not.

vCash
    Oh my word, everyone has gone mad in here. Demarco is also an elite tackle breaker, whilst it does not appear that McFadden is. I'm putting it at about a .0001% chance DMC runs for more yards then him if not solely because he will likely be in some sort of a committee rushing attack and may not even be the starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Oh my word, everyone has gone mad in here. Demarco is also an elite tackle breaker, whilst it does not appear that McFadden is. I'm putting it at about a .0001% chance DMC runs for more yards then him if not solely because he will likely be in some sort of a committee rushing attack and may not even be the starter.
    Yeah, I'm not sure he will break 1,800 yards rushing. Not only does he have to stay healthy, but like you said, he has to deal with more of a committee approach in all likelihood. I'd say it's more likely we have two 1,000 yard rushers than McFadden out-rushing Murray's totals from last year.