Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Something is wrong with Tony Romo

He isn't the same. The back injury has really effected him IMO. He still is the best option, but im pretty worried at this point.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    vCash
    Yup. He looks stiff, slow, his passes aren't crisp, they are coming up short. I'm hoping it gets better. All you can really do.

vCash
    Yep. We don't even take shots deep. No Romo like scrambling, low throws that Dez bailed him out on, a high pass on the Witten screen that Pollard almost had a pick 6 on and would have given TENN the lead...I am worried.

vCash
    yeah he definitely looks stiff with no zip. Thank God for the running game. I really do hope that it's just rust and he'll improve week by week but lets see. Regardless he is still our best option at the qb position and if the Oline can keep him upright we should be okay

vCash
    Yeah he looks terrible, I thought with the surgery he would be 100%, why didn't they draft a QB if they knew this would be the case

vCash
    We all know i've thought somethings been wrong with Tony Romo for the last decade.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    Yeah he looks terrible, I thought with the surgery he would be 100%, why didn't they draft a QB if they knew this would be the case
    there still wasn't any qb in the draft that would be a better option then romo. Zack martin will be a starter for a decade plus. manziel wont last. (IMHO)

im certainly worried though... I need more data. Got to see how this year pans out. still hope he will regain more and more has year goes on.. if not, then we need to address it big time.

lots of games left, lots of time.....

romo was a great qb. awesome, IMHO. right now, he is a shell of what I saw last year.

vCash
    The plus is that he looked a lot better than he did in Week 1. We should know by Week 4/5 if this is Tony moving forward.

What's his contract like?

vCash
    Honestly to me Romo looks like his arm is dead. He's short arming passes and his deep balls look like punts. His accuracy has been pretty bad. He's also scrambling around when he doesn't have to. He looks scared.

Does anyone know who is QB'ing Michigan St? Their QB's had an awesome week in the NFL! Might be worth looking at the guy from there in the middle to late rounds next off season.

vCash
    Time to draft a QB early in the draft because we can't depend on him much longer with his timid play and lack of a deep ball.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I'm not sure if any of you played sports competitively and/or have gotten seriously injured playing sports. When you have surgery due to an injury, you very very rarely come back 100% right away and sometimes even ever. He is also 34 and his body will not recuperate as fast as if he was 10 years younger. He will need some time to regain his strength and to shake off the stiffness around his injury. Barring any further injury, his body should be fully acclimated by week 7 or so.

Sometimes the stiffness never really goes away and you have to learn how to deal and play through it. But I think the same timeline stands for that scenario as well. He will regain strength and although Romo got a dose of reality in week 1, he is more than good enough to play through this process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    He isn't the same. The back injury has really effected him IMO. He still is the best option, but im pretty worried at this point.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    Yeah me too. What is alarming is that his throws have zip early in the game. Im thinking maybe the pain progresses as he throws more balls??? I really don't know but something is not right. I will say that I have noticed in the past that he never seems to look his best when they run the ball a lot. Im not saying that is it but its almost like he needs mayhem going on to stay in a groove.

vCash
    Has nothing to do with his back or arm. I've read articles that his footwork is off. Which explains throwing low or high. And it tends to be a common theme in Linehans offenses. I watched a lot of Lions games the last couple years and when you're off it's hard to get back in rhythm. There's more routes and they're quicker. He'll be fine. Plus I'd much rather him be a game manager than a gunslinger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sciferguy View Post
    I'm not sure if any of you played sports competitively and/or have gotten seriously injured playing sports. When you have surgery due to an injury, you very very rarely come back 100% right away and sometimes even ever. He is also 34 and his body will not recuperate as fast as if he was 10 years younger. He will need some time to regain his strength and to shake off the stiffness around his injury. Barring any further injury, his body should be fully acclimated by week 7 or so.

Sometimes the stiffness never really goes away and you have to learn how to deal and play through it. But I think the same timeline stands for that scenario as well. He will regain strength and although Romo got a dose of reality in week 1, he is more than good enough to play through this process.
    According to Troy Aikman and Babe Laufenburg who have both had the same surgeries Tony had have both said he will never be the same. I think he will be good enough to be a bus driver type but he might never be the Romo we've all known. That might not be a bad thing though because it will force him to lean on the run game which is the teams strength.

I do think they the Cowboys should draft a QB. I would prefer someone in the 1st round. If they decide to take someone in the middle to later rounds they might want to take a look at whoever is coming out of Michigan St. Their QB's have been doing pretty good in the NFL lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly to me Romo looks like his arm is dead. He's short arming passes and his deep balls look like punts. His accuracy has been pretty bad. He's also scrambling around when he doesn't have to. He looks scared.

Does anyone know who is QB'ing Michigan St? Their QB's had an awesome week in the NFL! Might be worth looking at the guy from there in the middle to late rounds next off season.

And Alabama has a dynasty so lets only draft players from Alabama, no matter their measurables and skills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast