Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jason Garrett

vCash

Jason Garrett

I am a Giant fan and have been for many, many years and as such never root for the Cowboys as I am sure none of you root for the Giants.

That said , Jason Garrett is one class individual . If Jerry Jones does not re-hire him he should be committed. Actually he was a backup QB for the Giants 2000-2003 backing up Kerry Collins.

Jason is what football should all be about.

P.S. You guys had a great year and you have beaten us 4 straight times. Hopefully next year things will be different for us.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-12-2015 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I am a Giant fan and have been for many, many years and as such never root for the Cowboys as I am sure none of you root for the Giants.

That said , Jason Garrett is one class individual . If Jerry Jones does not re-hire him he should be committed. Actually he was a backup QB for the Giants 2000-2003 backing up Kerry Collins.

Jason is what football should all be about.

P.S. You guys had a great year and you have beaten us 4 straight times. Hopefully next year things will be different for us.
    Welcome Giants friend... I am envious of your 2 rings in last 8 seasons. Not bad from our point of view.

vCash
    Yea I'm sold on Garrett. I like what he's built here. The players play for him.

vCash
    I have made a 180 on Garrett and his "process". I now see a solid foundational coaching philosophy that I want to stay and build on. Honestly I couldn't have ran him out fast enough a year ago but looks like Jerry's patience was rewarded.

vCash
    Always loved Garrett. Argued non stop with people in this forum about him. Rebuilding an entire team, players, coaching staff and changing the mentality, culture and chemistry of a team while staying in contention is quite an accomplishment. Jerry Jones deserves props for sticking with him in a league that would've fired him two years ago.

vCash
    In his first 5 years of coaching he has never had a losing season! lol

vCash
    i'm ok with Garrett being head coach as long as he doesn't call plays. He needs to keep the same role he has held this year.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I have made a 180 on Garrett and his "process". I now see a solid foundational coaching philosophy that I want to stay and build on. Honestly I couldn't have ran him out fast enough a year ago but looks like Jerry's patience was rewarded.
    Same.

vCash
    ive always loved garrett. love how he goes about things, the mentality, and now the direction of the franchise. like the lunch box players, the grind it out game style, everything...

we are extremely lucky, imo, to have garrett.

vCash
    Not a Garrett fan at all has done some really stupid things in the past although this year he was good since they took play calling away from him. He was 100% going to be resigned because he's Jerry Jones puppet.

vCash
    Report: Cowboys, Jason Garrett 'on brink' on five-year deal.

I'm a little surprised. I would have thought only a 3-4 year deal at most. I agree with most that at first I was not a Garrett fan but with finally taking away play calling on offense and letting him focus on big picture and not micromanaging this team really came around. Now, we need to bring back Linehan and Marinelli.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash

Jason Garrett

Looks like marinelli is signed for 3 years as well. Time to lock up linehan

vCash
    Lock em up.

vCash
    The big coup is locking up Marinelli.... he's done more with less than many of the coaches in the league. It's really our coordinators that have been the reason for the success.... Marinelli had them playing like a unit....and Linehan had our guys playing to their strengths instead of trying to put a square into a round hole. It also helped that went over with Romo what he was comfortable with and tailoring it more around that. We were all looking for more talent, when sometimes a major difference can be made on how you use your pieces. Garrett really knows how to talk to Jerry in a way that makes Jerry feel like he's a part of the process, so he's not going anywhere anyway. Jimmy Johnson was brilliant, but there was a clash of egos. Bill Parcells seemed to have a hard time with Jerry though Bill bit his tongue.

I would still like to have it where we have a defense that can dominate the game the way the Seahawks do if our offense sputters. They did a great job with what they had, but the talent level at certain positions just wasn't exceptional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The big coup is locking up Marinelli.... he's done more with less than many of the coaches in the league. It's really our coordinators that have been the reason for the success.... Marinelli had them playing like a unit....and Linehan had our guys playing to their strengths instead of trying to put a square into a round hole. It also helped that went over with Romo what he was comfortable with and tailoring it more around that. We were all looking for more talent, when sometimes a major difference can be made on how you use your pieces. Garrett really knows how to talk to Jerry in a way that makes Jerry feel like he's a part of the process, so he's not going anywhere anyway. Jimmy Johnson was brilliant, but there was a clash of egos. Bill Parcells seemed to have a hard time with Jerry though Bill bit his tongue.

I would still like to have it where we have a defense that can dominate the game the way the Seahawks do if our offense sputters. They did a great job with what they had, but the talent level at certain positions just wasn't exceptional.
    Would be nice to have a Seattle type defense but keep in mind in years to come Seattle likely wont have the same Seattle-type Defense when their QB is no longer on a rookie minimum wage contract. Lets see how much defensive talent Seattle maintains when Russell Wilson is making 20 plus million per year. Or to put it another way if Romo suddenly counted only as a million dollars against our cap we would be able to retain everyone plus get big defensive help.