Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should we play or rest starters against Redskins???

Of course it has been well established that a win does us absolutely no good in terms of improved seeding unless the following happens:
    - AZ and Seattle both lose
    - GB/Det end in a tie
    Then a win would yield the 1 seed. Having said this win/lose makes no difference in seeding and is completely dependent on what Seattle and AZ both do. With this established do we play or rest guys? Love to hear pros and cons of both sides? I for one think you treat it like game 3 of preseason (the so called dress rehearsal game).

vCash
    Yea, let the starters play a quarter or two, then let backups finish the game.

vCash
    I don't wan't Romo to play one snap. Deactivate him or whatever. Would like to also rest Zach Martin, Free and Murray.
    Give Berny and Parnell more work. Lets see what Randle and Dunbar can do for a full game.

We could be playing on saturday which would be a short week. Too hell with the compromise of playing a quarter or half. Romo has gotten hurt the last two times we played the skins. Too many exotic blitzes that might kill him.
    Romo has had success after rest.

As fans we want to see Dez get another TD and Murray break Emits record but the team has to do whats right.

vCash
    I should add that Rolando McClain should not play either. Would also like to see Escobar take Wittens snaps too.

Skins 28 boys 7 and who cares!

We lose no momentum at all. We go in rested and riding high knowing they really won their last three games that were clutch.

vCash
    Rest the injured people, which includes some pieces on the line. Which means you must ABSOLUTELY rest Romo as well.

Especially with the way the Redskins seem to generate pressure and end up hitting Romo. And especially at the end of a frustrating season for them, leave nothing up to doubt.

If the whole line plays this game then I guess I'm okay with romo playing a quarter for rhythms sake.

vCash
    Play the starters as long as necessary to win the game. I think winning and playing well should be our goal. I know the chances of a bye are slim but stranger things have happened. I also think we must keep the momentum going into the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I don't wan't Romo to play one snap. Deactivate him or whatever. Would like to also rest Zach Martin, Free and Murray.
    Give Berny and Parnell more work. Lets see what Randle and Dunbar can do for a full game.

We could be playing on saturday which would be a short week. Too hell with the compromise of playing a quarter or half. Romo has gotten hurt the last two times we played the skins. Too many exotic blitzes that might kill him.

As fans we want to see Dez get another TD and Murray break Emits record but the team has to do whats right.
    You lose no momentum? Really? Do you even want to take that chance. Injuries can happen anywhere anytime, we arent rooting for individual players we are rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. When the Giants rolled into and then through the playoffs as underdogs they picked up steam late in the season and never let up, they rode the momentum, players were playing out of their minds. Do we chance coming out flat in the first playoff game or keep our foot on the gas?

Id like to see us use this game to add some things to the defensive playbook. Try some different blitz schemes. Figure out a plan. Offense goes through the motions as if every drive is the first drive of the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ups&Downs View Post
    You lose no momentum? Really? Do you even want to take that chance. Injuries can happen anywhere anytime, we arent rooting for individual players we are rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. When the Giants rolled into and then through the playoffs as underdogs they picked up steam late in the season and never let up, they rode the momentum, players were playing out of their minds. Do we chance coming out flat in the first playoff game or keep our foot on the gas?

Id like to see us use this game to add some things to the defensive playbook. Try some different blitz schemes. Figure out a plan. Offense goes through the motions as if every drive is the first drive of the playoffs.
    There are examples that work the other way too. Remember the colts rested in week 16 and 17 and then had 2 more weeks off and won the suberbowl.
    Are the cowboys going to forget the three wins in december? The gazillion points they scored in december goes down in the toilet because weeden struggles???
    We have to understand that we have a aging QB with severe health problems. No need to be silly on a possible short week.

vCash

Should we play or rest starters against Redskins???

You play to win the game. I expect starters to play 1sthalf jump out to a good lead and then switch over. Momentum is a beautiful thing come playoffs for an under picked team.

vCash

I should add that Rolando McClain should not play either. Would also like to see Escobar take Wittens snaps too.

Skins 28 boys 7 and who cares!

We lose no momentum at all. We go in rested and riding high knowing they really won their last three games that were clutch.
    I agree 110% - rest people and treat it like a bye week. We will probably play the loser of GB/DET, who will be coming off a tough loss. Let's have our players fresh and ready to smack them even more!

vCash
    I would sit Romo. The forecast for Sunday's game in DC is rainy. So, it won't be a game that favors passing anyway.

vCash
    Jump on these guys early. Second half give them a heavy dose of Randle and Dunbar with a QB not named Romo handing it off.

vCash
    You play to win the game - Herm Edwards
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    You play to win the game - Herm Edwards
    Nonsense