Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The 2016 NFL regular-season schedule will be revealed Thursday, April 14th at 8 pm ET

The NFL Network will have a live schedule-release show at 8 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. I'm sure ESPN will have a similar show at about the same time.

The good news is that the Cowboys won't have to go to Buffalo in the dead of winter as they did last year.

The bad news is that seven of the away games are against teams in cold-weather cities: the New York Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. The eighth away game is against San Francisco in Northern California, and it can be chilly there depending on the time of year.

By the way, here are the opponents and dates for the Cowboys' 2016 preseason games if you haven't seen them:

Week 1 (Saturday, August 13) -- Dallas @ Los Angeles Rams at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. 8 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

Week 2 (Friday, August 19) -- Miami Dolphins vs. Cowboys at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX, 8 p.m. EDT

Week 3 (Thursday, August 25) -- Dallas @ Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field, Seattle, 10 p.m. EDT

Week 4 (Thursday, September 1) -- Houston Texans vs. Cowboys at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX, 8 p.m. EDT
    Last edited by Jakeem; 05-14-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Our schedule shouldn't be quite as bad as last year at least. Last season we had quite the tough schedule. We get the Bears, the Lions, the Bucs, the Browns, and the 49ers. Those should all be slam dunk wins. if we only split with the rest of the NFC East then we have 8 wins right there. Much better than last season.

Here's the Cowboys' regular-season schedule for 2016:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG/Cowboys
    Last edited by Jakeem; 04-14-2016 at 09:19 PM.

I'm very happy with that schedule.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Cold-weather games shouldn't be a problem this year. I forgot that Minnesota's new stadium will be ready for the 2016 season. That leaves only a December game at the Meadowlands and a New Year's Day finale in Philadelphia.

I also like the back-to-back games at AT&T Stadium during the week of Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Jakeem; 04-15-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeem View Post
    Cold-weather games shouldn't be a problem this year. I forgot that Minnesota's new stadium will be ready for the 2016 season. That leaves only a December game at the Meadowlands and a New Year's Day finale in Philadelphia.

I also like the back-to-back games at AT&T Stadium during the week of Thanksgiving.
    Yeah I like them too. It's a bit of a tough stretch during Thanksgiving because it's 3 games in 12 days, but I think it'll be fine because those teams aren't particularly scary. I don't really understand why we are playing a TNF game a week after Thanksgiving though. It usually is followed by a Sunday game.

I wonder if Romo will play all three of those games in 12 days?

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    I don't really understand why we are playing a TNF game a week after Thanksgiving though. It usually is followed by a Sunday game.
    The same thing happened during the 2014 season. The Cowboys played the Philadelphia Eagles on Thanksgiving Day and then wound up in Chicago the following Thursday. I suppose it's a perfect slot for a Cowboys game on the NFL Network.

Think I'm going to try to get tickets to the Vikings game. Haven't been to a Cowboys game since 93 in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior63 View Post
    Think I'm going to try to get tickets to the Vikings game. Haven't been to a Cowboys game since 93 in Arizona.
    It should be a good game, too. Right after Thanksgiving and at the beginning of the playoff run.