Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 481
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,206
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Joe nothing against you are anything, but one thing that I have said over and over is that the Rams have no history in St. Louis and that the owner should have left the name and colors and it's history in LA where it belongs. I know you didn't make the photo on your posts, but this is exactly what I am talking about them not having history there....it says Legendary but yet there is no Eric Dickerson or Jack Youngblood on there...or Merlin Olson....Decan Jones.......nothing........My Rams...the team that I loved and cheered for every Sunday in LA is gone and the only way to get that back is to bring them back to LA because it appears St. Louis doesn't care...... Just a shameful...it's like those guys who help build this team no longer exist now......
    The history of the Rams' only franchise Super Bowl win is in St. Louis.

    Sorry, had to.

    Oh, and yeah. The Greatest Show on Turf doesn't constitute history?
    Last edited by bda28; 06-16-2012 at 11:27 PM.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,534
    vCash
    1500
    whoooo LA!!
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    The history of the Rams' only franchise Super Bowl win is in St. Louis.

    Sorry, had to.

    Oh, and yeah. The Greatest Show on Turf doesn't constitute history?
    Nah it's cool...that SB win was hard to swallow. It was sad to to see the owner care once she got the team out of LA.

    I have no doubt that the Greatest Show on Turf was legendary. They do deserve all of it, but my thing is......that was just a few years together.....When I was a kid, man...those teams were just awesome.... I remember going to the Coliseum and Angel Stadium to see them. It's sad that they don't have more of them. They are lost..

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    Man o man..Let's just face it the Rams have history in both LA and STL..The history is not going to be the deciding factor if they stay in STL or move back to LA so the history stuff has got to stop..If you want to count history look up something like winning a championship..How many Championships did the LA Rams win? What about the STL Rams? And after looking up the history of the Rams the last 14 years they were called the LA Rams they really were in Anaheim..

    The Fact of the matter I am so sick of hearing about the history and blah blah blah...If the Rams were to move it would only be about money and nothing else bottom line..We will wait and talk about this situation at the earliest come the end of the calander year that is when the arbitration proceedings are over with!!
    Actually the Rams did win a Championship in LA. Maybe wasn't the Super Bowl but they did win the NFL Championship. And you are right....history won't change it. And no I will not stop. I grew up watching guys like Jack Youngblood who played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg, and goes unappreciated to a team that was basically set up to fail because of the witch. Yeah they played in Anheim but who cares.....Jets and Giants play in New Jerseys.....what's your point???? If you are sick of hearing about history...then what kind of fan are you??? I know all of their history!!! Even when they were in Cleveland..... As much as I want my Rams back in LA....I don't care if they come or not because you are right...it is about money...but I have a problem when their history is not appreciated...and you my friend..with the blah blah blah....don't appreciate that history...dont' worry...go google and beef up so you can make your snappy comeback... I'll wait...

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,724
    vCash
    1500
    rams are staying, **** you guys
    BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Ann, MO
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Actually the Rams did win a Championship in LA. Maybe wasn't the Super Bowl but they did win the NFL Championship. And you are right....history won't change it. And no I will not stop. I grew up watching guys like Jack Youngblood who played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg, and goes unappreciated to a team that was basically set up to fail because of the witch. Yeah they played in Anheim but who cares.....Jets and Giants play in New Jerseys.....what's your point???? If you are sick of hearing about history...then what kind of fan are you??? I know all of their history!!! Even when they were in Cleveland..... As much as I want my Rams back in LA....I don't care if they come or not because you are right...it is about money...but I have a problem when their history is not appreciated...and you my friend..with the blah blah blah....don't appreciate that history...dont' worry...go google and beef up so you can make your snappy comeback... I'll wait...
    Who ever said anything about there history not being appreciated? It seems like everyone is linking them going back to LA just because of there history..Sorry that is not going to bring them back..My whole point was bottom line history don't mean anything if the Rams are going to move it is all about the money..You know this isn't a Rams history forum it is about a move..If you want to talk about history and not be hurt by when someone throws in the history dont mean anything when it comes to a move then start a new forum about the Rams history and I am sure people will comment about the history of the rams including myself..

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    Who ever said anything about there history not being appreciated? It seems like everyone is linking them going back to LA just because of there history..Sorry that is not going to bring them back..My whole point was bottom line history don't mean anything if the Rams are going to move it is all about the money..You know this isn't a Rams history forum it is about a move..If you want to talk about history and not be hurt by when someone throws in the history dont mean anything when it comes to a move then start a new forum about the Rams history and I am sure people will comment about the history of the rams including myself..
    You are correct. It's not a history forum. In fact, I didn't bring up hisotry in this forum it was other people. My point was saying that it makes sense for the Rams to head back to LA because they have a history there. My point was saying that LA did support the Rams and due to bad transactions from upper level management, they Rams went down hill. But as the conversation devleoped I did go history and you are right. I just get sick of people saying that LA never supported this team. There are still die hard fans who have bad tastes in their mouth over this. The day that Georgia died, LA sports stations were singing the witch was dead. She allowed for a bad product to be put on the field so she could move them. The NFL even told her no and she threaten legal action in which they caved. It wasn't because there was no support.....

    Now back to the speculations. I am over the Rams being gone. I moved on. But if the Rams have a chance to change a wrong back into a right, I'm all for it. I'll support it. I also feel bad for St. Louis fans. Seeing their favorite team leave to go to another city. But it won't be because of lack of fan support. I won't use that reason like a lot of St. Louis Rams fan do about LA. I think the city of St. Louis got put into a no win situation for not only them but their fans as well. Nothing hurts more than seeing your favorite team skip town and seeing the witch owner celebrate a Rams victory in the Super Bowl. AEG is providing a pretty good deal for any team that decides to go to LA. This is going to be a big bill on the taxpayers of St. Louis for improvements to a stadium that is fairly new and not yet paid for. With the Rams not really wanting to pay anything, this will probably be hard to swallow for taxpayers there who are being told to foot the bill once again.

    Now I just want football back in LA. Rather it would have been the Vikings, Jags, or the now maybe available Rams. It's hard not having football in LA. Especially when they do have fan support........

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,534
    vCash
    1500
    Whooo!! La is the best yo!
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Ann, MO
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    You are correct. It's not a history forum. In fact, I didn't bring up hisotry in this forum it was other people. My point was saying that it makes sense for the Rams to head back to LA because they have a history there. My point was saying that LA did support the Rams and due to bad transactions from upper level management, they Rams went down hill. But as the conversation devleoped I did go history and you are right. I just get sick of people saying that LA never supported this team. There are still die hard fans who have bad tastes in their mouth over this. The day that Georgia died, LA sports stations were singing the witch was dead. She allowed for a bad product to be put on the field so she could move them. The NFL even told her no and she threaten legal action in which they caved. It wasn't because there was no support.....

    Now back to the speculations. I am over the Rams being gone. I moved on. But if the Rams have a chance to change a wrong back into a right, I'm all for it. I'll support it. I also feel bad for St. Louis fans. Seeing their favorite team leave to go to another city. But it won't be because of lack of fan support. I won't use that reason like a lot of St. Louis Rams fan do about LA. I think the city of St. Louis got put into a no win situation for not only them but their fans as well. Nothing hurts more than seeing your favorite team skip town and seeing the witch owner celebrate a Rams victory in the Super Bowl. AEG is providing a pretty good deal for any team that decides to go to LA. This is going to be a big bill on the taxpayers of St. Louis for improvements to a stadium that is fairly new and not yet paid for. With the Rams not really wanting to pay anything, this will probably be hard to swallow for taxpayers there who are being told to foot the bill once again.

    Now I just want football back in LA. Rather it would have been the Vikings, Jags, or the now maybe available Rams. It's hard not having football in LA. Especially when they do have fan support........
    Well you do know that the witch wasnt the only one that wanted them to move at the time Kroenke did own 30% of the Rams..He did what he could to have full control of the Rams when the witches kids decided to sell..The AEG thing sounds to be like a nice plan but for Sam to give up any of his team just makes no sense..But we will see when it is all said and done.

    I do picture a team making the move to LA but the Rams just don't make since with what Sam wants..He want's everything to be funded by anyone but him but he wants to keep 100% of his team..I am sure the CVC the state, city, and county will agree to something then it will be the Chargers owner or the Raiders owner start talking of moving to LA. There is also speculation that there could be another expansion team within the next couple of years..I know there is still a chance the Rams could move but football will be right back..The team that would be all but here as soon as the Rams move would be the Jags..Khan actually tried buying the Rams before Kronke stepped in..

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    Well you do know that the witch wasnt the only one that wanted them to move at the time Kroenke did own 30% of the Rams..He did what he could to have full control of the Rams when the witches kids decided to sell..The AEG thing sounds to be like a nice plan but for Sam to give up any of his team just makes no sense..But we will see when it is all said and done.

    I do picture a team making the move to LA but the Rams just don't make since with what Sam wants..He want's everything to be funded by anyone but him but he wants to keep 100% of his team..I am sure the CVC the state, city, and county will agree to something then it will be the Chargers owner or the Raiders owner start talking of moving to LA. There is also speculation that there could be another expansion team within the next couple of years..I know there is still a chance the Rams could move but football will be right back..The team that would be all but here as soon as the Rams move would be the Jags..Khan actually tried buying the Rams before Kronke stepped in..
    You know one of the darkest days in Rams history was when Carroll Rosenbloom passed away. I don't know how in the world you leave your prize possession to a woman who as been married more times than Liz Taylor....I guess she was doing something right... LOL...So...when did Stan Kroenke who owned 30% of the Rams then......wasn't he one of the of the cheerleaders of moving the Rams to St. Louis? That's a bad arguement bro. That's like saying someone is selling 30% of the St. Louis Cardnials to a man who would like to move the team to Omaha and then the owner trading and getting rid of all their quality players so the team tanks and then using that as a reason to relocate the Cardinals to Omaha....Kroenke wanted to move the team.

    I agree that Stan is playing a very greedy game. And it's going to come down to what he wants. Does he want to pay for some of the costs to keep the Rams in St. Louis or does he want to sell 30% of the team to a friend at maybe LA appraised value, which would be a pretty good chunk of change and he will also get a brand new state of the art stadium and the second largest market in the country to an already in place fan base. Now if Stan is about just making cash....why wouldn't he want to go back to LA even if he does have to sell 30% of the team. He will still have control of the Rams and be making money hand over fist.....

    I don't think the NFL will expand. I know that Roger mentioned that, but personally...behind close doors....in my opinion, I think he would rather have the Rams going to LA than any other team. It wouldn't hurt the way the divisions are lined up and it would go on as business as usual.

    I don't know the feeling of the fan base in St. Louis because I have only been there twice and it wasn't for sports. I know the love their baseball team and maybe they will do like you say and come up with something to keep them there. I think it would be awesome if they could even though because WE know how it feels to loose a team. But I just don't see it. The city got worked pretty good in this deal and it sucks. The city could be paying for this for decades. Those who don't like football are really going to stick it to the owner....

    As for the Jags......I would love them in LA too...Just not the Chargers...I hate that freggin' team!!!!

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Ann, MO
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    You know one of the darkest days in Rams history was when Carroll Rosenbloom passed away. I don't know how in the world you leave your prize possession to a woman who as been married more times than Liz Taylor....I guess she was doing something right... LOL...So...when did Stan Kroenke who owned 30% of the Rams then......wasn't he one of the of the cheerleaders of moving the Rams to St. Louis? That's a bad arguement bro. That's like saying someone is selling 30% of the St. Louis Cardnials to a man who would like to move the team to Omaha and then the owner trading and getting rid of all their quality players so the team tanks and then using that as a reason to relocate the Cardinals to Omaha....Kroenke wanted to move the team.

    I agree that Stan is playing a very greedy game. And it's going to come down to what he wants. Does he want to pay for some of the costs to keep the Rams in St. Louis or does he want to sell 30% of the team to a friend at maybe LA appraised value, which would be a pretty good chunk of change and he will also get a brand new state of the art stadium and the second largest market in the country to an already in place fan base. Now if Stan is about just making cash....why wouldn't he want to go back to LA even if he does have to sell 30% of the team. He will still have control of the Rams and be making money hand over fist.....

    I don't think the NFL will expand. I know that Roger mentioned that, but personally...behind close doors....in my opinion, I think he would rather have the Rams going to LA than any other team. It wouldn't hurt the way the divisions are lined up and it would go on as business as usual.

    I don't know the feeling of the fan base in St. Louis because I have only been there twice and it wasn't for sports. I know the love their baseball team and maybe they will do like you say and come up with something to keep them there. I think it would be awesome if they could even though because WE know how it feels to loose a team. But I just don't see it. The city got worked pretty good in this deal and it sucks. The city could be paying for this for decades. Those who don't like football are really going to stick it to the owner....

    As for the Jags......I would love them in LA too...Just not the Chargers...I hate that freggin' team!!!!
    Well when did Kroenke get his 30 or it may of even been 40% of the team? I did some research and couldnt find out when. I always thought he was a part owner all along since before they even moved to St. Louis..

    The fan base is committed to any team that has direction..But i will say the Cardinals are top priority around here. And hockey is real big around here as well..Football fans are committed but after the last couple of seasons there has been no direction and no life. We will stand behind our teams and support them as long as the owner shows they care..

    Yes the terms of the lease are a joke and everyone knows it..I mean especially now..For example the Jets and Giants play in the stadium the cost over 1 billion dollars that isn't split up onto two different teams a stadium is a stadium so having them requirements in the lease is a big joke..Jerry Jones built his own billion dollar stadium. Kronke is a smart man by trying to get as much as he can out of St. Louis, the state of Missouri and the NFL..It will be interesting to see what the outcome is going to be..

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    715
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post

    I don't think the NFL will expand. I know that Roger mentioned that, but personally...behind close doors....in my opinion, I think he would rather have the Rams going to LA than any other team. It wouldn't hurt the way the divisions are lined up and it would go on as business as usual.


    As for the Jags......I would love them in LA too...Just not the Chargers...I hate that freggin' team!!!!
    I know the Jags owner keeps saying he's keeping the team in Jacksonville, but i have a weird feeling the Jags will end up in LA, and the divisions will be realigned moving the Jags to the NFC west, and the Rams to the AFC South.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,534
    vCash
    1500
    the rams going to the AFC south wuldnt make sense at all lol in all honesty the only teams that will come is either the rams, chargers, or expansion (which will most likely not happen)
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    715
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    the rams going to the AFC south wuldnt make sense at all lol in all honesty the only teams that will come is either the rams, chargers, or expansion (which will most likely not happen)
    The Rams in the AFC south makes more sense then the LA Jags there. It's not like St L is on the west coast. It's not ideal, but if u needed to move one team out of the NFC west to accommodate any new team in LA, St L is the obvious choice being pretty much in the middle of the country. This is why the NFL probably would secretly just prefer the Rams go back there which would line the divisions back up.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    Well when did Kroenke get his 30 or it may of even been 40% of the team? I did some research and couldnt find out when. I always thought he was a part owner all along since before they even moved to St. Louis..

    The fan base is committed to any team that has direction..But i will say the Cardinals are top priority around here. And hockey is real big around here as well..Football fans are committed but after the last couple of seasons there has been no direction and no life. We will stand behind our teams and support them as long as the owner shows they care..

    Yes the terms of the lease are a joke and everyone knows it..I mean especially now..For example the Jets and Giants play in the stadium the cost over 1 billion dollars that isn't split up onto two different teams a stadium is a stadium so having them requirements in the lease is a big joke..Jerry Jones built his own billion dollar stadium. Kronke is a smart man by trying to get as much as he can out of St. Louis, the state of Missouri and the NFL..It will be interesting to see what the outcome is going to be..
    I'm not sure either about when Kronke became part owner of the Rams. If my memory serves me correct, I believe it was before they moved or right after they moved. If I believe he was part of the group that pushed the Rams to St. Louis. I think that was part of his deal with the Witch...

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •