Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Negotiations over the future of the Edward Jones Dome are still in their infancy. Already, St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay is urging rejection of the plan submitted by the St. Louis Rams on May 1, which was revealed on Monday, on the basis of the cost of the project as well as the impact from closing the Dome for up to three years.

The Associated Press reported comments from the Mayor's office on Monday afternoon. The $700 million figure now associated with the Rams' renovation plan comes from an estimate of a construction firm hired to analyze the Rams' plan. The Post-Dispatch reported estimates that put the project between $500 and $750 million.

So already we have competing figures on cost.

Another cost the Mayor's office warned about was the cost of closing the Dome for construction. Chief of staff Jeff Rainford warned that the Dome could be closed for up to three years at a cost of $500 million in lost convention center business.

That's a curious estimation and certainly at the high end of the spectrum. It's not a perfect comparison, but construction on the Vikings' new stadium will force the Metrodome to be closed for one year prior to its scheduled 2016 completion.

The Mayor's office stressed that the Dome talks were in the early stages. Rainford also made it clear that the city is not committed to keeping the Rams in St. Louis at all costs.

"The CVC is taking the middle ground, the commonsense ground, which is we want to keep the Rams in St. Louis but at an affordable price and in a way that makes sense for the people of St. Louis," Rainford said.

In any instance, the Rams and the CVC are likely headed to arbitration. There is one hitch in that process. If the CVC agrees to whatever plan is worked out in arbitration, it locks the Rams into their lease until 2025, while also locking the city into a renovation project.

One thing to remember in this process is that it will drag out over months and possibly years. Even if the two sides reach an agreement in arbitration, any fix calling for public dollars is likely going to involved elected officials at the state and local level.
    tst.

there u go ramsfan, they dont want to accept that offer
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Well the CVC will have to apply for some money through the state, city, and county..Plus the NFL will kick some money in as well...If it goes to a vote the they will get the extra money they need Kroenke is willing to open the wallet as well...I say if I was the CVC I would come back with selling the Dome to Kroenke for what they owe then kick in some money from the state, St. Louis and St. Charles county, and St. Louis and St. Charles city and state to help Kroenke get this deal done...We can make this happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    tst.

Oh well if they don't want it there is a perfect spot to build where the Chrysler plant once was..It is a nicer part of town and they would get more private corporate money to make it happen...Personally I think it is just all about negotiations...I am sorry but the city of St. Louis wouldn't want to lose the Ram to the county so they will get a deal done..

vCash
    alright man wutever helps u sleep at night

vCash
    Plus you have to put in consideration yes there might be a bigger market in LA but you have to put all in consideration...For one the team might make more money but when you break it down with moving expenses and Kroenke having to hand over a 30 % share to get that stadium..two LA has higher taxes than STL...Then there is talk about soccer and other events being held here after the improvements...We will see in the end..oh yea one more thing a majority of the owners have to approve an actual relocation of a team...I mean the last time a NFL went out of town we had a team 8 years later do you really think they will want to turn right back around and vote on bringing a team right back again?

vCash
    yur a fool if u dont think that kroenke wuld make his money back from moving the team in LA with all of the advertisement and opportunities he'll get here

vCash
    Not as much if he stayed in STL with 100% ownership as compared to 70% in LA..Plus STL has plenty of Corporate advertisement and opportunities..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    tst.

Of course not. They'd be the worst negotiators ever if they were to accept the team's initial offer...it was always going to come down to the arbitration process. Nobody could have reasonably thought otherwise...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    Of course not. They'd be the worst negotiators ever if they were to accept the team's initial offer...it was always going to come down to the arbitration process. Nobody could have reasonably thought otherwise...
    ramsfan thought they were going to accept that offer from day 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    Not as much if he stayed in STL with 100% ownership as compared to 70% in LA..Plus STL has plenty of Corporate advertisement and opportunities..
    omg im not even going to debate with u anymore if u seriously think he culd make more money in STL than LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMaBta4SxI

vCash
    HAHA....Ok so yea Kroenke is just going to sign over 30% of his team just so he don't have to build a stadium then pay a higher tax rate on top of that...That makes a ton of since and don't LA already have a ton of professional sports? I don't know how a state that owes so much can contribute so much to sports..But oh well Rams are off to LA...

vCash
    The Rams are a legit candidate to return to LA. A city that they should have not have left in the first place. I think Kroenke can right a wrong and I hope that he does. I don't care if that witch wanted to pick up the team and move, but she should have left the Rams name and it's history where it belongs. In LA.

vCash
    St. Louis didn't steal the Rams any more than LA stole the Dodgers.
    Last edited by redbird89; 05-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    I think the Rams will probably stay, though there will be negotiating back and forth. I do wonder if the Rams are worth keeping at $700 million. But that may just be part of the negotiation.

I don't think LA fans would necessarily support the Rams any better than St. Louis has, especially if the Rams were really bad there, too.
    Last edited by redbird89; 05-16-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    St. Louis didn't steal the Rams any more than LA stole the Dodgers.
    r u ****in kidding me??! learn yur history before making accusations, walter o'malley left brooklyn bcuz they didnt want to build a new stadium for him, he heard rumors about LA looking for a team but he didnt want to move there; however, once he knew he culdnt get a new stadium at all he went to LA to check out the place and found chavez ravine which, at that time, the most perfect piece of land to build a stadium that he envisioned. the move of the dodgers to LA from Brooklyn and the move of the rams from LA to STL are totally two different things.

walter o'malley moved bcuz new york screwed him over on a new stadium, georgia frontiere moved just for the sake of moving to her hometown
    Last edited by cg_la00; 05-16-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast