Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Darcy's days have to be numbered.

This is why Darcy should go. This is a look back at his drafts and who Lindy has been forced to play while they have been together.

These are all our 1st and 2nd round picks since 1998.

1998 1 Dmitri Kalinin (Robin Reghyr, next pick taken)
    1998 2 Andrew Peters (this is who we traded Lafontaine for)

1999 1 Barrett Heisten (never played a game)
    This year, everyone was so excited that we had 3 2nd round picks
    1999 2 Milan Bartovic
    1999 2 Doug Janik
    1999 2 Mike Zigomanis

2000 1 Artem Kryukov (WHO are these guys?)
    2000 2 Gerard Dicaire

2001 1 Jiri Novotny
    Another year with 3 2nd round picks
    2001 2 Derek Roy
    2001 2 Chris Thorburn
    2001 2 Jason Pominville

2002 1 Keith Ballard (2 first round picks Great Job)
    2002 1 Daniel Paille

2003 1 Thomas Vanek (Darcy wanted Zherdev, but Columbus picked him first)
    2003 2 Branislav Fabry

2004 1 Drew Stafford (look who else was available for a good cry)
    2004 2 Michael Funk

2005 1 Marek Zagrapan
    2005 2 Philipp Gogulla

2006 1 Dennis Persson
    2006 2 Jhonas Enroth
    2006 2 Mike Weber

2007 no first round pick
    2007 2 T. J. Brennan
    2007 2 Drew Schiestel

2008 1 Tyler Myers (Darcy was on Record saying he wanted Shenn, Toronto got him first)

2008 1 Tyler Ennis (two first round picks. Myers understandable, but ENNIS?)
    2008 2 Luke Adam

2009 1 Zack Kassian
    No 2nd round pick

2010 1 Mark Pysyk

Look who Lindy has been forced to play. Imagine if we had a better evaluater of talent as GM. In 15 years, Myers and Vanek, that is all. After seeing this, whoever wants Lindy fired has no common sense. Aneheims coaching staff got fired because they had Getzloff, Perry, Ryan and Hiller. All stars not playing team hockey. Our guys dont even come close to being that good and the Sabres, with Ruff, have played slighty better then Anaheim. Lindys not the problem.

This is not in hind sight. this is his entire carear of bad moves. Hind sight is after one or maybe 2 bad trades, not throughout a 15-year carear. Now add in our trade deadline moves in the past 5 years. Corkum, Torress, Zubuis, Bernier, Boyes. Darcy is a piece of crap.
    Last edited by sabres11; 02-07-2013 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    Let me add. Since Biron left the team, we needed a backup goalie badly. We struggled for years to get wins from a backup goalie and missed the playoffs, after Miller got hurt, because of Darcy's inability to bring in a quality backup. Besides Enroth, our goalies since Biron combined for 15 wins and 40 losses.

For deadline trades the past 5-years, here is what Darcy's guys did for the remainder of that year. Boyes, Torres, Moore, Bernier, Zubruis in a combined 89 games played, we got a total of 13 goals 25 assists and a -6 rating and absolutley no playoff help at all. Add this to all his draft busts and tell me why people think he is a top 5 GM.

Yes he got Drury and Briere, but he also let them go.

Cambell's agent asked Buffalo for 6 years 24 million, but Darcy said that was to much, He then played great and we couldnt afford what he proved to deserve. He gets 7mill a year, however, 8 months earlier, Darcy could have locked him up for 24 milllion over 6 years. BAD GAMBLE.

Yes he brought in J.P Dumont for nothing, but then he chooses Curtis Brown over him a couple years later, thinking Brown had more upside. Once again bad move.

Throughout Darcys stay here, The bad moves, the bad trades, the bad drafts, by far out weigh whatever good he has done.

vCash
    Since I actually got to watch a game last night (thank you NBC Sporth Network), the announcers were very hard on Ruff too.... I guess Ruff even cut short his post game interview...

The announcers went so far as to say that Regier and Miller said no trade was needed to jump start the team, but everyone in on that broadcast disagreed....

I think Pegula was in the box watching the game too...

It's clear that nobody is on the same page - from the owner to the coach to the players..

vCash
    A lot of the post-lockout drafts looking through there isn't really much we passed up on. What we really need to do is bottom out and get top 5 picks for 2-3-4 years. Almost all the good teams today did it.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Throughout the years, there were plenty of people we passed up on. ITs funny how Darcy drafted Kalinin, but the next player taken was Robin Regheir. If you look at the notes, Kalinin coming out of Russia really had no praise at all. Regheir got a lot of praise and hype. So who knows what you tube clips of Kalinin Darcy was watching.

The year he drafted C Zagrapan, Oshie who scores 20 a year for St Luis was the next Center Drafted. Cogliano for Edmonton was next. Zagrapan never played an NHL game. plenty other drafted after him did.

If you look at the drafts, Darcy bombed them. Theres solid NHL players drafted after every single one of our botched picks. Like I said it is not Hindsight. Over ten player players he picked within the first two rounds since he has been our GM, never played an NHL game for Anyone. A handfull of other players did play in the NHL, but only a year or two for other team and not for us. Late in the rounds, Darcy lost 15 other draft picks, because he failed to offer them contracts and they reentered the draft. That is absurd. I want to know what he says when he is with Pegula, to get Pegula to think, he is worthy of a GM job.

vCash
    Brennan instead of Subban? Another miss Darcy!
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    “I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.”- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    In addtion to bad drafting, Regier has a problem holding on to players way too long too.
    Richard Smehlik, Maxim Afinogenov, Tim Connolly, just to name a few. I think a good GM should start to sense a decline and make a move. A good GM gets that sense and gets "something" in return before that player hit rock bottom and you get nothing back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post
    Brennan instead of Subban? Another miss Darcy!
    Brennan is a good player.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    We will never find out how good TJ Brennan is because he will not play full time with Buffalo. Myers, Erhoff, Leopold, Sykera, Gragnani, Finley, Mcnabb, Schiestel and eventually Mark Pysyk. Not to mention any free agents that we might sign to upgrade our corps.

Brennan was another waste of a pick. With Myers, Erhoff, Leopold, Mcnabb and Sykera, (Thats 5 defenseman) definetly being with the Sabres for at least two years, Its highly doubtful that our 6th spot on D, will go to Brennan over, Gragnani, Finley, Schiestal and Pysyk. Pysyk and Schiestal are giants like Myers and Mcnabb, I dont see any room except for an injury replacement for Brennan.

Subban has played 45 games in the NHL and he is a solid D man. He is playing because he is good enough to win a top 6th spot in the NHL, not like Brennan, who is only playing because of injury. Just another wasted pick by our crappy GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    We will never find out how good TJ Brennan is because he will not play full time with Buffalo. Myers, Erhoff, Leopold, Sykera, Gragnani, Finley, Mcnabb, Schiestel and eventually Mark Pysyk. Not to mention any free agents that we might sign to upgrade our corps.

Brennan was another waste of a pick. With Myers, Erhoff, Leopold, Mcnabb and Sykera, (Thats 5 defenseman) definetly being with the Sabres for at least two years, Its highly doubtful that our 6th spot on D, will go to Brennan over, Gragnani, Finley, Schiestal and Pysyk. Pysyk and Schiestal are giants like Myers and Mcnabb, I dont see any room except for an injury replacement for Brennan.

Subban has played 45 games in the NHL and he is a solid D man. He is playing because he is good enough to win a top 6th spot in the NHL, not like Brennan, who is only playing because of injury. Just another wasted pick by our crappy GM.
    Yeah. Lets ignore that Myers, Erhoff, Leopold, Finley, Mcnabb, Schiestel and Pysyk were not on the Sabres when Regier drafted Brennan. He should have used is ultra time traveling sunglasses to determine what would happen and react accordingly!

Prior to being drafted, Brennan won the Raymond Lagacé Trophy as the QMJHL defensive Rookie of the Year. He was an excellent pick.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    It appears you read the wiki page for Brennan. Now read the page for Subban and then tell me who you would pick if you were the GM given a choice.

vCash
    I like Brennan, one problem I have with the pick, is that we had a chance to draft a top 4 defensemen who is young. Would love to see Myers with Subban.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    “I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.”- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Good post OP. But I'm still not convinced that Ruff has earned this job at this point. The GM stinks, but I just don't think you can say that Lindy Ruff is the absolute best man we can find to coach this hockey club.

vCash
    I love lindy but we need change. I have no problem holding onto a coach that is winning season after season but Lindy isn't. Time to start fresh. New coach, new GM, new players!

vCash
    Here is what Buffalo needs to do:

Rick Dudley as new GM
    Don Lever as new Head Coach
    Ted Nolan as new Asst. Coach
    Matthew Barnaby, Rob Ray, Brad May, or Mike Peca as new Asst. Coach / Strength Coach

My thought is simple - give this team to the guys who have a passion for the game,passion for this team, and passion for the City of Buffalo (and Rochester)!

GM - While Dudley isn't as flashy as many other GM's and I haven't personally followed all his moves, he does deserve some thought as our new GM. He's local and understands what it takes to run a team and make moves. I think what impresses me most is he will make a trade for a player or players and that player or players will make an impact (example Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd).. Dudley's team are always built on character!

Coach - Tough call here, but Don Lever is my choice. I don't think you can replace Ruff all that easy, but I like what Lever has done in the past few years. No experience coaching an NHL team, but you got to start somewhere... Lever is well-rounded and understands the game.

Asst Coach - Ted Nolan without a doubt. While he might not come back as an Assistant, but if he did, there is no doubt I'd have him back. He would revamp that Locker Room in a matter of weeks! He would revamp the teams chemistry! Enough of Nolan's past here in Buffalo- Terry P. can set new standards and what Nolan did here or didn't do here - is all IN THE PAST...

Asst Coach / Strength Coach - To help the Nolan makeover this team any of the coaches I mentioned (with maybe the exception of Barnaby) would help dramatically! Team toughness and strength is what this organization is lacking and we need to bring it back. You can gut the team and bring in guys, but you also need some coach to put it all back together... Back to Barnaby - It would be great to see a position like this change this guys life and put him back on track.
    Last edited by bart98; 01-25-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast