I was told to put this in the GD forum, so if you don't like it, well sorry.
Servings: 4-6 (I'm bad with servings, I ate this in two. But realistically, it's over 4).
- Use a big pot and brown off a pound of ground beef. Salt and pepper it before. 80/20 works best, but I used 95/5.
- Once browned, take meat out and strain. Keep the remaining drippings in the pot. Chop three carrots and about 1/4 of a white onion (or use pearl onion), and sautee in the pot. Throw some seasonings in there, if you desire.
- Meanwhile, get another pot of beef base and water going. I made 4 1/2 cups worth. Throw some garlic in there. On the side, make a reux and combine when ready, making a gravy.
- When the veggies are soft, throw the ground beef back in. Throw some Worcestshire sauce in there, as much as desired (more than you think). Let it cook for a few minutes.
- When the gravy is done, combine in with the beef/veggie mixture, and heat on low.
- At the very end, throw in as many frozen peas as desired.
- You can fill up individual plates with the pie and bake, or bake in a full pan.
- Cover with mashed potatoes (boil probably 5 medium potatoes, and mash up with milk, salt, pepper and butter).
- Throw some cheddar cheese on the top for a little flavor, texture, and color.
- Bake at 350 until done.