Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash

Trade Deadline

I know that the Jets are a new team for Winnipeg, but it is a team that has been around for a while. I think we have a need for some scoring. If we are still within striking distance of a play off berth, do we go out and get much needed scoring and perhaps a little more exp. player that can help some of these young guys with thier confidence level as it seems we lose focus just too much!

vCash
    Trade Oduya if not in playoff contention. Expiring contract which we probably wont resign. Get something for him atleast.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    ^^ Agreed. I'd do nothing, unless I ship out Oduya for a second or so.

vCash
    ^ agree thats a start. But what could we possibly get for him?

vCash
    I would be fine with a draft pick or a spect of some sort.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Possibly a second rounder. Los Angeles could use him IMO, and maybe they give up their second rounder, or one of their prospects, since their system is so deep.

vCash
    I would think getting a 2nd round pick may be about right for the right team. Not sure how deep the draft is expected to be this year.

vCash
    I wonder if Cheveldayoff will want to put his mark on the team through FA. Its a pipe dream but Parise would fit in nicely, but not sure about his health. We are at the min. with a full building for the next 5 years so we should have some room to move the payroll up a bit?

vCash
    I could see Oduya ending up in Chicago, and other than him, I don't really see him the Jets making any sort of major moves. I would also like to see Parise in a Jets jersey next year, close to home for him, so you never know. Time will tell.

vCash
    Ranger fan here, not trolling, I saw a few weeks ago, Jet fans are not happy with Kane, he is acting immature or something and dipped out on a bill?
    Was just wondering if there is any news on his availability, he is a favorite player of mine, would love for the Rangers to acquire him!

vCash
    ^ Kane is still only 20. I've got underwear that old. He's had alot of pressure on him that I don't think he's ready for. I think he's a keeper here. As for the attitude and immaturity, certainly not unlike others his age.

If he scores goals and plays with that intencity that he has shown in most games then all will be forgotten, if not call us in a year!

vCash
    We have a few guys who are UFA's at the end of the year, wonder if we trade some for some good prospects or draft choices. Oduya, Slater and Glass come to mind that someone may want?

Oduya making 3.5m would be great to get him off the books!
    Last edited by wagnall; 02-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    I wouldnt trade Slater and Glass

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    I wouldnt trade Slater and Glass
    I would think that 1 of them could go, teams in it looking for gritty players like Glass, I love the GST line, but if we could get a good pick along with a scoring prospect for Oduya and Glass maybe worth looking at?

Still would love to be in the mix for Parise this off season. Kid from Minny get closer to home, he also played alot in Grand Forks. My daughter new him back then quite well and he still has lots of ties to Grand Forks.

Just a thought!
    Last edited by wagnall; 02-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    I guess we have to see what they do with Wellwood as he's also a UFA and if they are going to do something with Antropov, Hainsey and Enstrom who all are UFA's after next season. Lots of decisions to be made!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast