Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

8 19.05%
  • 6-9

25 59.52%
  • 10-15

8 19.05%
  • 16-32

1 2.38%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Good job refuting anything I said except with usual "he's not a winner" response. How much credit does ben lose.for losing the.super bowl? Or will you just blame that on his defense for getting torched? Will you also ignore Ben isn't even that good of a performer in the playoffs? In fact he's not much better then rivers, but I'm sure you'll resort to the same old thing.

Its to bad you can't seperate individual and team.
    Ben missed several opportunities in the GB sb.. (Pick 6 to Collins, missed Wallace in the end zone)

but Ben consistently leads teams to wins late in games.

Dont argue whos more clutch between the two, its not even an argument.

Does Rivers make that pass to Holmes against the Cardinals to win the game?
    You mean the one that wasn't a TD

Soon...

vCash

vCash
    So...the one that wasn't a TD, didn't get both feet down

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/B/0...8DD30B1E0B.jpg

Soon...

vCash
    i see you conveniently took a picture from after his body was rotating his bodyafter making the catch with both feet down as shown in my picture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senecavalley46 View Post
    i see you conveniently took a picture from after his body was rotating his bodyafter making the catch with both feet down as shown in my picture

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    The OP spelled Eli Manning wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Took me a minute...
    Me too, but this is funny

vCash
    Phillip Rivers had a bad year, but still he wasn't that bad. Chargers still managed to have the 6th best offense in the NFL. I think he's a top 10 QB, not overrated in my book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatsPride View Post
    Phillip Rivers had a bad year, but still he wasn't that bad. Chargers still managed to have the 6th best offense in the NFL. I think he's a top 10 QB, not overrated in my book.
    his bad year was still pro-bowl worthy. despite his sturggles, he was the thrid best qb in the AFC (4th is schuab is healthy)
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    I find it funny in this instant gratification world of PSD that one year suddenly means Rivers is incredibly overrated and has dropped so many spots.

That being said, to the people who criticize the "wins" argument, where do you factor in Rivers' play that lost them a game single-handedly (by having bad hands) and probably cost them a playoff spot too? To my knowledge, that play doesn't even get recorded on a QB rating chart and it had a far greater impact than any TD he threw this year.

THAT being said, he is still a great player and easily top 10, and IMO on the outside but very close to the Top 5.

And a final query to everyone, make 2 lists, who you think are the top 10 QBs in the league, and then the top 10 QBs you trust the most. If the lists aren't exaclty the same, ask yourself, why?

vCash
    best qb of the 2000's imo

vCash
    one bad season after one of the best strings of seasons in the history of quarterbacking and he's sooooooo overrated. LMAO

vCash
    ...Yes, i will admit I do not like this man as a person as well as a football player...
    this gives the entire reason for the post.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I find it funny in this instant gratification world of PSD that one year suddenly means Rivers is incredibly overrated and has dropped so many spots.

That being said, to the people who criticize the "wins" argument, where do you factor in Rivers' play that lost them a game single-handedly (by having bad hands) and probably cost them a playoff spot too? To my knowledge, that play doesn't even get recorded on a QB rating chart and it had a far greater impact than any TD he threw this year.

THAT being said, he is still a great player and easily top 10, and IMO on the outside but very close to the Top 5.

And a final query to everyone, make 2 lists, who you think are the top 10 QBs in the league, and then the top 10 QBs you trust the most. If the lists aren't exaclty the same, ask yourself, why?
    Its one play. You can't point to one play and say that's the reason they lost or missed the playoffs.

vCash
    I love how ever other year Eli has a season that was about as bad as Rivers was this year in the turnover department, yet Rivers is the one thats overated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I love how ever other year Eli has a season that was about as bad as Rivers was this year in the turnover department, yet Rivers is the one thats overated.
    exactly why this thread is compeltely blwoing my mind. some of the same people syaing eli's bad year wa sa fluke and shouldn't be looked at as a defining ranking factor are the same ones denouncing rivers for 1 "bad" season. it wasn;'t good, but it wasn't abd either and with his success before this season, how anyone can not give him a apass and say it was a a fluke is just mind blowing.

i kind of hope he compeltely decimates the record book next year because oft his honestly
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast