Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

8 19.05%
  • 6-9

25 59.52%
  • 10-15

8 19.05%
  • 16-32

1 2.38%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have him around 5-6 as well. not the greatest of poll options.

Puts up very very good numbers year after year.
    He finally has a "down year" that was better than most other QBs and people want to throw him off a cliff.
    Putting him below Ryan and guys like that is pretty insulting. A couple bad games doesn't make his near-elite level skills and production go away.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 01-17-2012 at 03:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    I have him around 5-6 as well. not the greatest of poll options.

Puts up very very good numbers year after year.
    He finally has a "down year" that was better than most other QBs and people want to throw him off a cliff.
    Putting him below Ryan and guys like that is pretty insulting. A couple bad games doesn't make his near-elite level skills and production go away.
    100% agree. I love Rivers and generally hide my love because I hate having to waste my time to defend it. He's still right in that area and he can easily turn it around. He has all the skills to get it done.

vCash
    adding some statistics to the debate:

6th in yards with 4624
    8th in YPA
    8th in TD passes
    11th in QB rating
    8th in total QBR

in a "down year"

and you want to toss him from the top 10?

vCash
    All depends on Peyton really in terms of actually ranking him. But...

Rodgers,Brady,Brees, and Peyton if hes playing at a "Peyton" level are ahead of him. Besides that, I don't think anyones better, maybe Eli or Romo.

vCash
    I'd say he's anywhere from 4-6.

You cannot deny the stats this guy put up. Whether or not he's a bad leader(he is), or whether or not he underachieves(he does), that doesn't matter here because his stats are so impressive that he should be placed 4-6 regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Theres no way that Rivers is better then Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Peyton, Eli without argument.

So no idea how anyone places him in the top 5. You must like whining, underachieving quarterbacks who are more likely to throw a pick and blow up on his fans then march down the field with the game on the line.

Me? im staying clear.
    there are certianly arguement over these 2
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    The dude was awful this year.
    he was awful by rivers standards. he still wasn't all that bad this year.

4,624 yards passing, 27 touchdowns, 20 picks, 62.9 completion percentage, almost 8 yards per attempt and a qb rating of 88.7 isn't all that good, but it's not awful. especially consideirng his track record, i think we can hold of judgement on downgrading him yet

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Im tired of everyone blowing this guy up to something hes not. Yes, i will admit I do not like this man as a person as well as a football player this does not cloud my judgement on him.

Now theres a line between overrated and talented but not elite/great.

Although I think Rivers is borderline top 10 qb in the league.

Anyone who thinks hes top 5 is out of there mind.

The man is a turnover machine, and its not just that. Its the fact that every year the Chargers with a Paper All-Star team ALWAYS underachieve with Rivers under the helmet. I can't imagine what his stats would be on a less talented team.

So yes, Rivers is an alright quarterback. But lets not confuse him with the best of the league.

27 Tds 20 Ints 5 Fumbles in 2011

1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. Roethlisberger
    5. E Manning
    6. P Manning
    7. Stafford
    8. Romo
    9. Schaub
    10. Ryan
    11. Newton
    12. Rivers
    having him at 12 is beyond absurd

vCash
    I'm so sick of people stating that winning is irrelevant when evaluating the position on the field that has the biggest impact on wins and losses. I can understand if you were to do that to a young qb that got drafted to a team that wasn't that good (Cam Newton) but when evaluating guys like Rivers and Romo who have been on very talented teams throughout the year, its important to consider how much they have won. Which is why I put guys like Ben and Eli ahead of these 2, I know Wade>Kobe, Pinstripe and Normalsized midget are all going to get their panties in a bunch when they read this but I couldn't care less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    The dude was awful this year.
    And the 3 years before that? He was better then pretty much every qb not named Brady and pssoibly Rodgers over that time. You say you wont move Eli up far based on one year, yet rivers has one down year and he's suddenly worst then a few qbs he's been better then in the past?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    And the 3 years before that? He was better then pretty much every qb not named Brady and pssoibly Rodgers over that time. You say you wont move Eli up far based on one year, yet rivers has one down year and he's suddenly worst then a few qbs he's been better then in the past?
    No. I've personally never thought he was actually better than Romo or Ben. Ever. This year, for me, he proved it. That's why I have him 7th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Chin View Post
    I'm so sick of people stating that winning is irrelevant when evaluating the position on the field that has the biggest impact on wins and losses. I can understand if you were to do that to a young qb that got drafted to a team that wasn't that good (Cam Newton) but when evaluating guys like Rivers and Romo who have been on very talented teams throughout the year, its important to consider how much they have won. Which is why I put guys like Ben and Eli ahead of these 2, I know Wade>Kobe, Pinstripe and Normalsized midget are all going to get their panties in a bunch when they read this but I couldn't care less.
    Don't challenge stat-only orthodoxy. It causes some posters to black out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I'd say he's anywhere from 4-6.

You cannot deny the stats this guy put up. Whether or not he's a bad leader(he is), or whether or not he underachieves(he does), that doesn't matter here because his stats are so impressive that he should be placed 4-6 regardless.
    Shh! Don't want to cause those blackouts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    there are certianly arguement over these 2
    What is the argument? Its just not this year. Ive been saying it for awhile.

Ben Roethlisberger would certainly have won a SB in San Diego if there was a swap by this time. Roethlisberger is a 2 time SB champ, one of the greatest of all time at eluding the rush getting out of the pocket and making accurate strikes down the field, and one of the greatest of all times in the 4th quarter.

I really like what Eli has done this year, to solidify the past. He wins. Throws good balls after making good reads. Comes through in the clutch.

I like Ben/Eli a lot more then Rivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    having him at 12 is beyond absurd
    The simple fact of the matter is that the 11 guys ahead of him wouldve won this AFC West this year in my opinon.. Rivers did not.

Newton, Ryan, Stafford are young and improving.

When evaluating quarterbacks I like to think about making swaps and how I feel each team would do with certain qbs.

Newton took a terrible Carolina team as a rookie and made them very respectable and competing in all those games. Im not sure Rivers couldve done what Newton did in that situation. If you put Newton on a Chargers caliber team. Would not be hard for me to believe San Diego wins 9 games and the west.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast