Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

8 19.05%
  • 6-9

25 59.52%
  • 10-15

8 19.05%
  • 16-32

1 2.38%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Nope, I'm sorry but performing at a high level in the playoffs and leading your team to SB victories doesn't matter at all.

Its all about the stats. Nothing else matters. Qb rating baby!!!! Woooooo!!!!

vCash
    Guys...Tony Romo is clearly more clutch than Eli Manning. This is a no brainer.
    What amkes Eli so more clutch? Because his team won a couple Super Bowls? You know Romo in the regular season had 2 less game winning drives then Eli? Not to mention one Jason Garrett was an idiot and called time out and his kicker made the fg. Or how about the first game against the Giants where the Cowboys defense blew the game, yet some people blame it on Romo because of one pass. Thats two games they loss this year on account of someone other then Romo, and thats without looking at other games. But no, your logic is only the QB is to blame(as long as that QBs name isnt Eli Manning that is) and only the QB deserves credit for winning.

Im sure youll point out to the fumble play in which Romo was playing out of position for him not being "clutch"

Nope, I'm sorry but performing at a high level in the playoffs and leading your team to SB victories doesn't matter at all.

Its all about the stats. Nothing else matters. Qb rating baby!!!! Woooooo!!!!
    Awesome! More putting words in peoples mouths. Your pretty good at that. Who said playing great in the playoffs don't matter? It just don;t matter as much as you would like to believe, and sure as the hell shouldnt be used o determine who is a better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    What amkes Eli so more clutch? Because his team won a couple Super Bowls? You know Romo in the regular season had 2 less game winning drives then Eli? Not to mention one Jason Garrett was an idiot and called time out and his kicker made the fg. Or how about the first game against the Giants where the Cowboys defense blew the game, yet some people blame it on Romo because of one pass. Thats two games they loss this year on account of someone other then Romo, and thats without looking at other games. But no, your logic is only the QB is to blame(as long as that QBs name isnt Eli Manning that is) and only the QB deserves credit for winning.

Im sure youll point out to the fumble play in which Romo was playing out of position for him not being "clutch"

Awesome! More putting words in peoples mouths. Your pretty good at that. Who said playing great in the playoffs don't matter? It just don;t matter as much as you would like to believe, and sure as the hell shouldnt be used o determine who is a better player.
    dont you find it funny when romo makes one mistake he blw the game, but if eli made a mistake the rest of the team didn't step up enough. like that pass cost the cowboys the game, but for example, eli's untouched fumble against the eagles alst year was not eli's fault they lost..............
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    dont you find it funny when romo makes one mistake he blw the game, but if eli made a mistake the rest of the team didn't step up enough. like that pass cost the cowboys the game, but for example, eli's untouched fumble against the eagles alst year was not eli's fault they lost..............
    Let's all take a guess:

Howe many variations of this same post has Pinny made in the last month?

I'll say 473.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Let's all take a guess:

Howe many variations of this same post has Pinny made in the last month?

I'll say 473.
    Lets all take a guess:

How many post has Mr Haha made that actually contributed to the discussion?

Ill say, 0.

vCash
    Lets all take a guess:

How many post has Mr Haha made that actually contributed to the discussion?

Ill say, 0.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_c7SbkGaLk

vCash
    I hate Rivers' throwing motion.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I don't know, the NFL seems to think the playoffs is a big deal

How many times have you heard "your legacy is made in the playoffs". Steve Young was just a good QB until he won it. Manning was just another gaudy stats QB until he got his ring. Drew Brees winning a ring solidified him as a top tier QB.

Playing well in the playoffs matter. It is the difference between just another good stat QB and an all-time great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't know, the NFL seems to think the playoffs is a big deal

How many times have you heard "your legacy is made in the playoffs". Steve Young was just a good QB until he won it. Manning was just another gaudy stats QB until he got his ring. Drew Brees winning a ring solidified him as a top tier QB.

Playing well in the playoffs matter. It is the difference between just another good stat QB and an all-time great.
    So that would mean winning multiple super bowls would make an even greater legacy right? Especially considering only 11 have ever done it. How many of those 11 do you see in peoples top 10 list? Out of those 11, only 4 show up on the majority of list. One has 4 rings and the other has 3. Yet I have never seen them on a list amongst the greats. I see people back their idea that winning rings should matter by saying "why do you think Montana is regarded as the best". Well if that's the case, why isn't Bradshaw mentioned up there. Or aikman. Why isn't plunkett in no ones top 10, hell he's prolly in no ones top 20. Bart Starr won 5 championships and is one of the greatest qbs of all time in playoff games. I've seen him on a few top 10s, but not many. I'd bet Marino is 1et on more peoples list then all qbs who won multiple rings,not named Montana, combined.

Then look at Brady. Not many considered him a top 10 qb all time until his record breaking season.

Manning played pretty damn poor the year he won The playoffs. 3 tds to 7 int. Yet, he's viewed as great because "he" won a ring.

Regardless of what ESPN and the media like to make.people think, its a team sport. No single player wins and no single player loses.

vCash
    So that would mean winning multiple super bowls would make an even greater legacy right? Especially considering only 11 have ever done it. How many of those 11 do you see in peoples top 10 list? Out of those 11, only 4 show up on the majority of list. One has 4 rings and the other has 3. Yet I have never seen them on a list amongst the greats. I see people back their idea that winning rings should matter by saying "why do you think Montana is regarded as the best". Well if that's the case, why isn't Bradshaw mentioned up there. Or aikman. Why isn't plunkett in no ones top 10, hell he's prolly in no ones top 20. Bart Starr won 5 championships and is one of the greatest qbs of all time in playoff games. I've seen him on a few top 10s, but not many. I'd bet Marino is 1et on more peoples list then all qbs who won multiple rings,not named Montana, combined.

Then look at Brady. Not many considered him a top 10 qb all time until his record breaking season.

Manning played pretty damn poor the year he won The playoffs. 3 tds to 7 int. Yet, he's viewed as great because "he" won a ring.

Regardless of what ESPN and the media like to make.people think, its a team sport. No single player wins and no single player loses.
    so all players are equal? The QB means just as much as the tight end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    so all players are equal? The QB means just as much as the tight end?
    Yep, that's exactly.what that post just said.

vCash

Answer me this then if Rings supposedly don't mean anything to legacy, how many guys on most top 10 lists have won a ring? I count 9 out of 10. So as much as you love to bring up Marino as your outlier it's important to know that when ranking Quarterbacks the fact that he doesn't have a ring is an exception, not the rule.

And I'll agree 4/11 Quarterbacks with multiple rings isn't exactly an overwhelming majority, but I'd say it's a lot better % than the number of Quarterbacks who haven't won a ring and are in the Top 10 best ever (something like 1/2000+). So once again we see that winning a ring or multiple rings goes a long way in determining your legacy.

Right now, where do you think Tony Romo shows up all time in NFL history for Quarterbacks? Top 10? Top 20? Top 30? Why is that do you wonder? His stats are very, very good, so why isn't that enough to put him into the Top echelon of Quarterbacks all-time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Answer me this then if Rings supposedly don't mean anything to legacy, how many guys on most top 10 lists have won a ring? I count 9 out of 10. So as much as you love to bring up Marino as your outlier it's important to know that when ranking Quarterbacks the fact that he doesn't have a ring is an exception, not the rule.

And I'll agree 4/11 Quarterbacks with multiple rings isn't exactly an overwhelming majority, but I'd say it's a lot better % than the number of Quarterbacks who haven't won a ring and are in the Top 10 best ever (something like 1/2000+). So once again we see that winning a ring or multiple rings goes a long way in determining your legacy.

Right now, where do you think Tony Romo shows up all time in NFL history for Quarterbacks? Top 10? Top 20? Top 30? Why is that do you wonder? His stats are very, very good, so why isn't that enough to put him into the Top echelon of Quarterbacks all-time?

Sure if you say Marino out of all qbs ever. Problem is, there's a list shorter then those with multiple rings that actually even compare to Marino. There's maybe ~6. And guess what? Every single one of them are widely considered top 10. While out of the qbs who have won 60% of the super bowls, only 4 of them are widely considered top 10.

If Montana wasn't statistically as great as he was, say closer to Terry Bradshaw and still had 4 rings, where would he be ranked? Prolly about the same as Bradshaw. Favre would still be considered up there without his super bowl. Without Brady's seasons from 07-present and he continued producing like he did in his earlier years, very slim chance he ever cracks the top ten either.

vCash
    Bosox - you completely ignored my point once again. Marino is the only QB without a SB ring that is considered top 10. So that's 1/2000+ qbs.

My entire point, as I've said many times, is it takes both good regular season numbers and superbowls/playoff success to be an all-time great. Marino was the exception, not the rule.

John Elways stats aren't so great, he did go to 5 SBs and win 2. Dan fouts had great regular season stats but didn't do so well in the playoffs, guess which one is considered top 10?

Do you think Fouts is superior to Elway?

vCash
    I didn't ignore your point. You just completely missed my point. There's no other qbs in the top 10 without a ring because there's no qbs of that stature without one. If you think favre, young or Manning wouldn't be considered among the greatest without winning a ring, your fooling yourself.

Fouts wasn't even that much better then elway, if at all. Fouts also had better recivers. Plus I don't have elway in my top 10 anyway.

With accounting for eras, elway wasn't all that much better then Bradshaw. Yet Bradshaw has two more rings and yet have never seen him on a top 10 list. Elway must have been a media darling to get the status he does.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast