Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

    8 19.05%
  • 6-9

    25 59.52%
  • 10-15

    8 19.05%
  • 16-32

    1 2.38%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 141
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Its one play. You can't point to one play and say that's the reason they lost or missed the playoffs.
    It's still a pretty bad play considering it was entirely a mental error and the Chargers were 1 game out of the playoffs...

    I mean, you can't point to Kyle Williams fumble to say that's the reason they're not going to the Superbowl right?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's still a pretty bad play considering it was entirely a mental error and the Chargers were 1 game out of the playoffs...

    I mean, you can't point to Kyle Williams fumble to say that's the reason they're not going to the Superbowl right?
    No its not the only reason. How many other times did the 49ers turn the ball over? The giants had what, 17 points off turnovers? So to say that one play was the reason is ridiculous. It was part of the reason, but not the reason. I know you giants fans think the only plays that matter happen in the last two minutes, but that's far from the truth.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    No its not the only reason. How many other times did the 49ers turn the ball over? The giants had what, 17 points off turnovers? So to say that one play was the reason is ridiculous. It was part of the reason, but not the reason. I know you giants fans think the only plays that matter happen in the last two minutes, but that's far from the truth.
    Man, your point would be so much more valid if your facts were remotely true, unfortunately your facts are dead wrong...

    The Niners only had 2 TO's that game, both by Kyle Williams. The Giants scored 10 points off Turnovers, both by Kyle Williams...

    Had Kyle Williams not turned the ball over... Twice, the niners are in the SB. And no amount of wrong stats will change that.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,580
    vCash
    1500
    Dp
    Last edited by bosox3431; 01-30-2012 at 11:53 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Man, your point would be so much more valid if your facts were remotely true, unfortunately your facts are dead wrong...

    The Niners only had 2 TO's that game, both by Kyle Williams. The Giants scored 10 points off Turnovers, both by Kyle Williams...

    Had Kyle Williams not turned the ball over... Twice, the niners are in the SB. And no amount of wrong stats will change that.
    Well I obviously was asking, not stating facts. Hence the question marks, which was pretty clear with the.turnover question, considering i never once said how many. Either way that one play alone did not cost them the game. Alex Smith going 12 for 26 certainly didn't help at all. If you don't understand then you have **** for brains.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Well I obviously was asking, not stating facts. Hence the question marks, which was pretty clear with the.turnover question, considering i never once said how many. Either way that one play alone did not cost them the game. Alex Smith going 12 for 26 certainly didn't help at all. If you don't understand then you have **** for brains.
    So if you had to rank the plays on their detriment to the team you wouldn't put Kyle Williams' fumbles 1 and 2?

    To you an incomplete from Alex in the 1st quarter was just as bad as fumbling the punt on your own 29 yard line in overtime?

    If you really believe that then you sir have **** for brains.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So if you had to rank the plays on their detriment to the team you wouldn't put Kyle Williams' fumbles 1 and 2?

    To you an incomplete from Alex in the 1st quarter was just as bad as fumbling the punt on your own 29 yard line in overtime?

    If you really believe that then you sir have **** for brains.
    It very well could be. What if a wr was wide.open and Smith over threw him in the end zone? Even if it heppened in the first 10 seconds that still has a impact. Especially in a game won by a fg. This is.exactly what I mean. Giants fans think the only important plays happen at the end. Are those two plays a part of why they loss? Of course. Prolly two of the bigger reasons. But the fact their offense(which wasn't as bad.as.people make it.out to be) looked.bad, especially Smith, was a big reason too.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    It very well could be. What if a wr was wide.open and Smith over threw him in the end zone? Even if it heppened in the first 10 seconds that still has a impact. Especially in a game won by a fg. This is.exactly what I mean. Giants fans think the only important plays happen at the end. Are those two plays a part of why they loss? Of course. Prolly two of the bigger reasons. But the fact their offense(which wasn't as bad.as.people make it.out to be) looked.bad, especially Smith, was a big reason too.
    It has an impact, but you seem to be unfamiliar with the concept of time. If Smith had scored 10 seconds in (or failed to do so) the other team (and him) have 59:50 to rectify the mistake or overcome the play.

    Essentially every play is building up the importance of the next play because every subsequent play is less time to overcome a bad one.

    In this instance had he fumbled in the first 10 seconds it wouldn't have been as bad because the Niners would have had 59:50 to overcome the fumble, by fumbling in OT in chip shot FG range he gave the Niners NO CHANCE at rectifying the mistake; thereby increasing its importance exponentially.

    If you truly think an incomplete pass from Alex Smith in the 1st Quarter had as much to do with that loss as a fumble in OT to give the Giants the football in FG range then we are at an impasse...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,850
    vCash
    1500
    Just looking at the first post, do people really rank Peyton that low now? Big Ben and Eli are better than him?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    10,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Just looking at the first post, do people really rank Peyton that low now? Big Ben and Eli are better than him?
    You have to pack all 3 of them in the same level at this point. He's still good I just think more quarterbacks are evolving.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    vCash
    1500
    I agree that quarterbacks are elvolving but i still think that peyton manning is a better wuarterback than Big ben and eli

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    It's not that he's overrated. I think he's rated just fine. He's got a great arm, great accuracy. Tons of skills at the QB position. I just don't think he's that tough or that much of a leader of men, (he actually appears to be a whiny *****), which is why there are a few quarterbacks I'd rather have than him. Same for Romo. Be as much of a stat-head as you want, but skills are only a portion of what goes into becoming a great NFL QB.
    Last edited by Mr Haha; 02-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,405
    vCash
    500
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. Eli (still not getting respect )
    5. Peyton
    6. Big Ben
    7. Rivers
    8. Matthew Stafford
    9. Matt Schaub
    10. newton(based on pure potential and the fact that he is a legit dual threat)
    11. Romo
    12. Ryan

    im a raider fan, Rivers is a *****, he knocked us out of the playoffs in week 17(if we won we would of been in since the broncos lost). The guy went 99.5 yards late in the game when we had the momentum and rallying back. rivers outside the top ten is ridiculous. and he can have that cocky attitude because he walks the walk, its not his fault he has a dumb gm and a horrible HC.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. Eli (still not getting respect )
    5. Peyton
    6. Big Ben
    7. Rivers
    8. Matthew Stafford
    9. Matt Schaub
    10. newton(based on pure potential and the fact that he is a legit dual threat)
    11. Romo
    12. Ryan

    im a raider fan, Rivers is a *****, he knocked us out of the playoffs in week 17(if we won we would of been in since the broncos lost). The guy went 99.5 yards late in the game when we had the momentum and rallying back. rivers outside the top ten is ridiculous. and he can have that cocky attitude because he walks the walk, its not his fault he has a dumb gm and a horrible HC.
    I think people are mostly starting to get it. The ones who don't are just the loudest. But they are really, really outnumbered.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,596
    vCash
    500
    Not with Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning(s) now, but he's definitely top 9
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •