Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

8 19.05%
  • 6-9

25 59.52%
  • 10-15

8 19.05%
  • 16-32

1 2.38%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Applause the OP. Rivers is horribly overrated. He puts up good numbers with one of the greatest TE's ever, an athletic freak of a WR, another athletic freak of a WR, and other weapons. But he can't win playoff games, more importantly, he can barely get to the playoffs. In all honesty, he is on the bottom of the top 10.

1. Tom Brady
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Tony Romo
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Ben Roethlisberger
    8. Matthew Stafford
    9. Matt Schaub
    10. Philip Rivers

vCash
    Wins baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Don't challenge stat-only orthodoxy. It causes some posters to black out.
    Your approach of only wins and how they play in 1 quarter is much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Applause the OP. Rivers is horribly overrated. He puts up good numbers with one of the greatest TE's ever, an athletic freak of a WR, another athletic freak of a WR, and other weapons. But he can't win playoff games, more importantly, he can barely get to the playoffs. In all honesty, he is on the bottom of the top 10.

1. Tom Brady
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Tony Romo
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Ben Roethlisberger
    8. Matthew Stafford
    9. Matt Schaub
    10. Philip Rivers
    Hey wait, didn't Peyton Manning(who's ranked 4th on your list) have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark on his team only to post a minus .500 post season record?

Yeah he's won, but how many years/losses did it take?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is that the 11 guys ahead of him wouldve won this AFC West this year in my opinon.. Rivers did not.

Newton, Ryan, Stafford are young and improving.

When evaluating quarterbacks I like to think about making swaps and how I feel each team would do with certain qbs.

Newton took a terrible Carolina team as a rookie and made them very respectable and competing in all those games. Im not sure Rivers couldve done what Newton did in that situation. If you put Newton on a Chargers caliber team. Would not be hard for me to believe San Diego wins 9 games and the west.
    because rivers had a down year, his one and only down year since being a full tiem starter. and rivers was not the only problem on the chargers, and he was not the sole reason they missed the playoffs, so i don't think switching quaterbacks is going to help. rivers is much better than newton, ryan and stafford, im not even going to respond to any of you posts baout it from here on out if you are than delisional to think river sis 12th

and as far as ben goes, im not syaing rivers is a lock to be better. it hink he's better, but its debatebale between the to. ben is not a lock better than river,s and eli certianly is not at all better than rivers
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'm sure them being 8-8 had nothing to do with themhaving the 22nd ranked scoring defense. They still had the 6th best scoring offense with rivers worst year as a starter.

vCash
    Well posting bold statements im willing to take the heat but ive been saying for awhile I think Rivers stats are more of a reflection of his help then him actually making plays

vCash
    Well posting bold statements im willing to take the heat but ive been saying for awhile I think Rivers stats are more of a reflection of his help then him actually making plays
    Thats fair enough. i'm not agreeing to disagree with your opinion becuas ei don't like it or think its worng (no opinion is wrong). theres just not enough common ground there to continue. clearly we see him vastly diffenre,t so discussing it isn't going to get us anywhere
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Hey wait, didn't Peyton Manning(who's ranked 4th on your list) have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark on his team only to post a minus .500 post season record?

Yeah he's won, but how many years/losses did it take?
    He's got a minus .500 playoff record but the difference between Rivers and Manning is that Manning has a ring, Rivers hasn't even been to the big game, and has arguably had a better team around him in terms of talent. The consistency is the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I'm sure them being 8-8 had nothing to do with themhaving the 22nd ranked scoring defense. They still had the 6th best scoring offense with rivers worst year as a starter.
    Don't challenge wins-only orthodoxy. It causes some posters to black out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    What about last year? I see you chose to ignore that. Gates has been hurt and missed time the.last two years. He played 10 games last year. Jackson played 5 games. Hid best two weapons, yet he still had a better season then almost every Guy you have ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Don't challenge wins-only orthodoxy. It causes some posters to black out.

vCash
    As a Steeler fan use to making the playoffs with home playoff games I know that a Phillip Rivers led Chargers team does not come into the east coast, let alone a cold enviroment and beat my team.

Say all the stats you want. He does not win. Hes an underachiever. Its what he does.

vCash
    Good job refuting anything I said except with usual "he's not a winner" response. How much credit does ben lose.for losing the.super bowl? Or will you just blame that on his defense for getting torched? Will you also ignore Ben isn't even that good of a performer in the playoffs? In fact he's not much better then rivers, but I'm sure you'll resort to the same old thing.

Its to bad you can't seperate individual and team.

vCash
    As a Steeler fan use to making the playoffs with home playoff games I know that a Phillip Rivers led Chargers team does not come into the east coast, let alone a cold enviroment and beat my team.

Say all the stats you want. He does not win. Hes an underachiever. Its what he does.
    And Big Ben couldn't go into Denver and beat an 8-8 team, he's now the 13th best QB in the league...makes sense right?

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Good job refuting anything I said except with usual "he's not a winner" response. How much credit does ben lose.for losing the.super bowl? Or will you just blame that on his defense for getting torched? Will you also ignore Ben isn't even that good of a performer in the playoffs? In fact he's not much better then rivers, but I'm sure you'll resort to the same old thing.

Its to bad you can't seperate individual and team.
    Ben missed several opportunities in the GB sb.. (Pick 6 to Collins, missed Wallace in the end zone)

but Ben consistently leads teams to wins late in games.

Dont argue whos more clutch between the two, its not even an argument.

Does Rivers make that pass to Holmes against the Cardinals to win the game?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast