Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Rivers?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

8 19.05%
  • 6-9

25 59.52%
  • 10-15

8 19.05%
  • 16-32

1 2.38%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rivers is overrated

Im tired of everyone blowing this guy up to something hes not. Yes, i will admit I do not like this man as a person as well as a football player this does not cloud my judgement on him.

Now theres a line between overrated and talented but not elite/great.

Although I think Rivers is borderline top 10 qb in the league.

Anyone who thinks hes top 5 is out of there mind.

The man is a turnover machine, and its not just that. Its the fact that every year the Chargers with a Paper All-Star team ALWAYS underachieve with Rivers under the helmet. I can't imagine what his stats would be on a less talented team.

So yes, Rivers is an alright quarterback. But lets not confuse him with the best of the league.

27 Tds 20 Ints 5 Fumbles in 2011

1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. Roethlisberger
    5. E Manning
    6. P Manning
    7. Stafford
    8. Romo
    9. Schaub
    10. Ryan
    11. Newton
    12. Rivers
    Last edited by SenecaValley46; 01-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    I like him at 6 - 9. His stats don't tell the truth about him as a player. He's also a *******, not a field general. If some of the qbs atop the pile had his weapons, they'd do more than compile stats.

vCash
    5th best QB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    ^^^and play more then half of his games on the west coast.

He's also a poor playoff performer with lack of team playoff success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    ^^^and play more then half of his games on the west coast.

He's also a poor playoff performer with lack of team playoff success.
    I'd love to see how he would have done in Jersey with the wind swirling around and that funky release. Throwing bombs in San Diego is a whole other subject.

vCash
    Rivers had a off year, playing hurt/bad o-line.. He'll be a stud again next year.

Hes in the 6-9 range. Closer to 6

vCash
    A turn over machine? Based on one season? Over one third of his fumbles and int over the past 4 years came from this one season. from His int% is actually less then both Manning and brees. Since I can't find fumble loss, I just used fumbles. He has 7 less fumbles and int then drew brees over t past 4 years. 15 less then Eli. Your biy big ben has one less while playing in fewer games. Some of the other have missed sigficant time over that time too.

Did you not watch last season? Gates was hurt all season and played 10 games. Jackson only played in 5. Yet he still had a pretty damn good season. He's one of 4 qbs off the.top of my head to have 3 consecutive seasons with a qb rate over 100. Rodgers, young and Manning being the others, I guess they're all alright qbs too?

vCash
    rivers is 5th or 6th. i have him 5th
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    5th best QB
    Come on, no way is he better than Romo. Absolutely no way. Please tell me you were joking, here.

vCash
    Theres no way that Rivers is better then Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Peyton, Eli without argument.

So no idea how anyone places him in the top 5. You must like whining, underachieving quarterbacks who are more likely to throw a pick and blow up on his fans then march down the field with the game on the line.

Me? im staying clear.

vCash
    The underachiever took over pretty much the same team Brees left and they went from a 9-7 team to a 14-2 team, with rivers having a nearly identical state line. And rivers isn't any more likely to throw a pick then 4 of those guys on your list. And when did he underachieve besides this year? Let me guess his team didn't win so that must mean he's not that good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Theres no way that Rivers is better then Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Peyton, Eli without argument.

So no idea how anyone places him in the top 5. You must like whining, underachieving quarterbacks who are more likely to throw a pick and blow up on his fans then march down the field with the game on the line.

Me? im staying clear.
    He's definitely overrated, but he's better than Eli.

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Manning
    Romo
    Ben
    Rivers

It's rather clear, too. I have no idea where people are getting this idea that Eli is somehow better than Ben, Romo, or Rivers. He's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    The underachiever took over pretty much the same team Brees left and they went from a 9-7 team to a 14-2 team, with rivers having a nearly identical state line. And rivers isn't any more likely to throw a pick then 4 of those guys on your list. And when did he underachieve besides this year? Let me guess his team didn't win so that must mean he's not that good?
    The dude was awful this year.

vCash
    The OP spelled Eli Manning wrong.

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    The OP spelled Eli Manning wrong.

Took me a minute...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast