Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In the trilogy, Nolan gave us (3) aspects: Fear, Chaos, and Pain in that order.

Ledger dominated the chaos aspect , compared to Bale conquering fear in BB / Bane relinquishing Pain upon Bale. Nolan hit a HR in TDK compared to hitting ground rule doubles in BB & TDKR

vCash
    BB was the superior film tho. There is hardly any arguing behind that. TDk was bad. Only good thing really was Ledger. Horrible pacing and let's not forget the horrible love triangle which was made worse by the horrible acting by Gyllenhall

vCash
    I understand that BB was most loyal to the comics and appreciate that even though I'm not a reader of them. The movie itself bored me though. The aesthetics and normal facets of a movie you look for are there, but it didn't entertain me. I would take the more entertaining movie over the better composed film any day of the week.

I would watch Con-Air over The Pianist. Not saying that Con-Air is the better crafted movie though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    BB was the superior film tho. There is hardly any arguing behind that. TDk was bad. Only good thing really was Ledger. Horrible pacing and let's not forget the horrible love triangle which was made worse by the horrible acting by Gyllenhall
    Holmes was just as dumb in BB.

BB was not superior, that's your opinion. I think Nolan nailed Dent, and that love story worked out because Batman never did fall in love with her. Both Joker & Dent were second to none, and that's what made Batman anyways....his adversaries.

Alfred's best lines were in TDK, Batman going to China was his best scene in the trilogy, and the joker/Batman concluding dialogue was perfect.

vCash
    In the terms of being a film, BB was better. It's a fact. I'm not talking about more entertaining, I mean a better made film

vCash
    Sexi, you're talking about something that can only be evaluated subjectively. There can be no facts in a purely subjective medium.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Unless you want to be a smart and say it's a fact it was the first of the trilogy or it's a fact that's it's a movie/film directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Christian Bale.

In terms of quality of the product, there is no fact.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    I think it's painfully obvious that BB is the best made film of the trilogy

vCash
    That's purely opinion though. If someone says TDK was the best made you have no means of disputing it besides saying "you're wrong" or "Nay sir! Nay!"

Further, "best made" is something that every single person defines differently. You might think best made is 2 parts pacing, 3 parts mood, 1 part scripting. Someone else might not think mood has anything to do with it and that a cohesive narrative is the most important trait of a film (incidently DKR did NOT have a cohesive narrative).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Sexi, you're talking about something that can only be evaluated subjectively. There can be no facts in a purely subjective medium.
    This.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    I think all three movies were very good. Don't really agree with Sexi's point about BB being unquestionably the best though. BB, while a well-crafted movie, was an origin story and the audience is forced to sit through a story that most fans already know the basic plot points of. The second movie allows the director more creative freedom and to truly make his mark on a franchise. This trilogy followed the path of many other great trilogies with a great origin story, superior middle film, and a good, albeit slightly disappointing finale.

Star Wars, LOTR, Godfather, Back to the Future, Alien, Toy Story all followed that arc

Notable exceptions: Bourne Trilogy (every movie got progressively better), Spider Man (third movie was unforgiveable), Indiana Jones (second one was meh, fourth erased from my memory), The Matrix (each one got worse), Die Hard (hate the second one)

vCash
    I'm going to go ahead and say Toy Story doesn't fit because the genre is so different. I thought the 2nd was the weakest film and the 3rd the best.

I haven't heard anyone describe Return of the Jedi as slightly disappointing. You're the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and say Toy Story doesn't fit because the genre is so different. I thought the 2nd was the weakest film and the 3rd the best.

I haven't heard anyone describe Return of the Jedi as slightly disappointing. You're the first.
    I only included Toy Story because I am a huge fan of Pixar movies haha but I see your point. Return of the Jedi was still a very good movie, but Empire was basically the pinnacle of the Star Wars movie franchise so in that sense it was disappointing.

vCash
    I just think it's a little rough to call a top 50 movie disappointing just because the movie before it is widely consider top 10.

I think they're ranked something like #1 and 3 on IMDB.

vCash
    Ok, their rankings look different than I remember.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

And either way, no reason to put too much faith in someone else's list. As we discussed above it's all subjective.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast