Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wonder how other fans/mlb staff feel about Wheels

vCash
    Need another ffb team...willing to buy in as well...anyone?
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I'll never buy into a league again. People join, and never pay up. At least the *******s I know.

I'll put bets on people getting pregnant, and going to jail, but NEVER fantasy leagues.

vCash
    I collect for the former PSD League (I call it former because it's down to just me, Havoc, and Dark Donnie for active PSD users plus a couple former forum goers). It's a pain in the ***, but the key is getting the money pre-draft. It's never hard to replace somebody if they don't pay in time.

Football is a little different because of the short schedule, but when I let people draft without paying, I lock their roster as empty until they send the money in.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I wonder if the Phillies would consider Mike Napoli to platoon with Ruiz and Howard. He's had a rough season so should be affordable. I think he'll get something like Jose Willingham's contract. There would be some times where playing time could be a little tight, but generally speaking, one of them is going to be banged up.
    Last edited by The A Team; 08-20-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team:23380581
    I wonder if the Phillies would consider Mike Napoli to platoon with Ruiz and Howard. He's had a rough season so should be affordable. I think he'll get something like Jose Willingham's contract. There would be some times where playing time could be a little tight, but generally speaking, one of them is going to be banged up.
    I think he'll look for a starting gig. I say we keep kratz as back up and use money other spots
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Wouldn't that be a starting spot though? 1b versus all lefties, C versus 1/2 righties, and full time whenever Howard/Ruiz are on the DL? That's 140 games right there.

vCash
    It's about 110 games before taking injuries into account. Ruiz always spends 30 days on the DL and I'd expect Howard to miss some time too.

Kratz is definitely a solid plan going forward. I'm considering the Napoli idea a comparatively low cost back up plan to acquiring a 3B and OF like Headley and Upton.

vCash
    Dark Knight Rises: Not bad but also pretty thoroughly mediocre.

vCash
    Agreed.

BB, DKR, and then TDK in that order for me

I believe BB is the superior film in terms of what a film should be

vCash
    TDK was one of the best movies I saw in theaters although it was painful to watch on TV. So I'm conflicted about how I feel. BB is a borderline classic film.

DKR is just a typical summer movie.

vCash
    I liked DKR better than TDK because Bane has always been one of my favorite villains and they stayed truer to the character than the Joker.

Bane was intellectual and physical like he should be, plus there was a ton of fan service in the movie for the comic fans, especially the first fight. However, Ledgers performance was fantastic

vCash
    I can't take Batman Begins seriously because of the microwave machine.

vCash
    Bale was good in BB, Ledger was good in TDK, and then Hatheway was good in TDKR.

I wasn't too big of a fan of Bale in the last two and could not stand Gillenhal and Holmes in the other two. Each had a reason to love the movie and hate them at the same time. Gillenhal being the worst.

vCash
    I have not watched BB. I watched TDK because everyone had an orgy when they saw it and thought "Well, it was a decent movie, but I don't see the hype" and have not bothered to watch TDKR.

Props.LgnD.

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast