Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What is your Thermostat set at?

I battle every day with my girlfriend she turns it to 78-80 and I turn it back down to 72. Everyday all I hear is it is freezing in here and I feel fine but she will say the kids rooms are too cold.. I have to go outside which right now is -3 to feel better, not only that but in the winter time you should not sleep without blankets(which I do because its so hot)!! I swear we are at a battle now so where does everyone else keep there's set at so I know I am not the crazy one??

vCash
    I usually keep mine from 76-80 because its included in my rent and I live in an apartment building and my appartment catches a nice cold wisconsin draft everytime the doors opened. I tell ya tho if I had to pay for it, it wouldnt go over 70 maybe 72... maybe you could just get space heaters for the kids bedrooms? Thats what my mom does at her house n it keeps it nice in there
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash

70-74. The colder it gets the higher i set it. I don't get that

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Winter time- 72-73 range, I guess what im feeling that day.
    Summer time- 76-78 depends how hot and sunny it is and if the sun is hitting the windows directly.

vCash
    Lol what!?!? You all have it set in the 70's? Mine is set at 68, and it drops to 62 after 10 pm.... I am a cheap *** though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Lol what!?!? You all have it set in the 70's? Mine is set at 68, and it drops to 62 after 10 pm.... I am a cheap *** though.
    If I lived alone that is where I would probably be!! I sleep better when it is cold and I have a blanket lol..

vCash
    Never over 68 in central Wisconsin. If you're cold. Put on some sweats.

vCash
    Just another "area" where I'm definitely an "outlier". (Weird in one thing, weird in everything.)

No exaggeration: Where we live (high desert) it gets below zero at night all winter long; but we don't run the heat at all. We leave a window or two open. Our bedroom's air temperature stays quite close to that of the outside air.
    N.B. Our kids are long since gone.

We just use whatever blankets are necessary. Having done decades of 2.5 to 4 hours a day of aerobics, I always (lightly) sweat at night. We don't sleep with any clothes on. Our blankets are shifted: more so over her body; less so over mine. Still, she just squeezes up nice and tight for my extra heat. Never gets any complaints from me on that score.

The advantages for us this way: we dance all-night out-doors almost every single weekend and, what with breathing cold air all night every weekday, the cold doesn't overwhelm us (even with her always wearing mini-skirts); also, the cooler the surrounding air at home, the less "bugs" floating around in that air that could otherwise get you sick.

During the summer, temperatures hang in the 90s; but we don't run any air-conditioning.

We've "lived" / slept this way for decades; so we're used to it. We have the lowest possible heating/cooling bills possible. Don't hardly ever get colds or get sick.

Not saying what other people should do.

Last thought, women tend to drink less water than men; and, as a result, tend to suffer more from cold and from heat. Further, they tend to be in less physical condition and they tend to have less body mass; again both contributing to having more difficulties with temperature extremes. Same applies for most children. Keeping this in mind, it is not surprising that she would tend to favor higher night temperatures than you.
    Last edited by Pablonovi; 12-06-2013 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    I don't have to worry about heaters Unless temp drops to 30s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash

68 degrees.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Your forum is fo’ real my favorite! Before I started taking blogging seriously, you could easily find me reading back through your posts till midnight! You crack me up! Thanks for being such a great blog-spiration and the total highlight of my blog feed!

vCash
    i just set it where i'm comfrotable, not based on a particualr temp. in the winter it's usually around 68, in the summer around 72
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    20 degrees celsius or 68 Fahrenheit.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 4-2, Week 7 vs. Bengals
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 1-1-0, games this week vs. Florida, Colorado and Columbus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablonovi View Post
    Just another "area" where I'm definitely an "outlier". (Weird in one thing, weird in everything.)

No exaggeration: Where we live (high desert) it gets below zero at night all winter long; but we don't run the heat at all. We leave a window or two open. Our bedroom's air temperature stays quite close to that of the outside air.
    N.B. Our kids are long since gone.

We just use whatever blankets are necessary. Having done decades of 2.5 to 4 hours a day of aerobics, I always (lightly) sweat at night. We don't sleep with any clothes on. Our blankets are shifted: more so over her body; less so over mine. Still, she just squeezes up nice and tight for my extra heat. Never gets any complaints from me on that score.

The advantages for us this way: we dance all-night out-doors almost every single weekend and, what with breathing cold air all night every weekday, the cold doesn't overwhelm us (even with her always wearing mini-skirts); also, the cooler the surrounding air at home, the less "bugs" floating around in that air that could otherwise get you sick.

During the summer, temperatures hang in the 90s; but we don't run any air-conditioning.

We've "lived" / slept this way for decades; so we're used to it. We have the lowest possible heating/cooling bills possible. Don't hardly ever get colds or get sick.

Not saying what other people should do.

Last thought, women tend to drink less water than men; and, as a result, tend to suffer more from cold and from heat. Further, they tend to be in less physical condition and they tend to have less body mass; again both contributing to having more difficulties with temperature extremes. Same applies for most children. Keeping this in mind, it is not surprising that she would tend to favor higher night temperatures than you.
    Unless you also don't have running water you can't leave your heater off in sub zero temps. Pipes would freeze bud. Nice novel but probably should do some research next time. Keep dancing though!

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Keep it at 55-60 I love it cold in my house.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast