Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Guy pulls cop over, demands ID from officer, verbally reprimands officer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6012328.html

Here's a guy who has a little extra in the guts department.

Gavin Seim, who describes himself as a constitutional activist, recently filmed himself flagging over a police officer who was driving an unmarked car in Grant County, Wash.

The cop seems partly amused, partly in disbelief as Seim asks him for identification.

"This is my ID right here," the officer says, pointing to the police patch on his uniform.

"That's not ID, sir," Seim counters. "If I showed you a badge if you stopped me, would you take that as ID? C'mon. Let's be reasonable. Anybody can have a patch, sir."

The officer then shows two forms of ID.

Seim asks if he's been stopping people in the unmarked vehicle. When the officer admits he has, Seim explains that it's against state law to do so.

"I'm not going to write you up today," Seim says. "What I am going to encourage you to do is take this car back."

When the officer starts to smile, Seim holds firm: "I could call a sheriff out here and demand that you be written up for this because you are in open violation of Washington State RCWs."

The exchange remains polite throughout, and ends with one final table-turner as Seim sends the cop off with a "you be safe out there" in the edited clip. (Seim has also posted the unedited exchange here.)

Here's the law Seim is referring to:

"It is unlawful for any public officer having charge of any vehicle owned or controlled by any county, city, town, or public body in this state other than the state of Washington and used in public business to operate the same upon the public highways of this state unless and until there shall be displayed upon such automobile or other motor vehicle in letters of contrasting color not less than one and one-quarter inches in height in a conspicuous place on the right and left sides thereof, the name of such county, city, town, or other public body, together with the name of the department or office upon the business of which the said vehicle is used."
    The law makes an exception for "vehicles of a sheriff’s office, local police department, or any vehicles used by local peace officers under public authority for special undercover or confidential investigative purposes”
    lol props to the cop for being good nature about all of this.

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

vCash
    So he did all of that and he didn't even know what the hell he was talking about. What an ***.

vCash
    So am I missing something or does this part likely make the cop's undercover car totally legal? Unless he was a state trooper, that doesn't seem to be listed here. But I don't think the article specifies either.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    The law makes an exception for "vehicles of a sheriff’s office, local police department, or any vehicles used by local peace officers under public authority for special undercover or confidential investigative purposes”

vCash

Guy pulls cop over, demands ID from officer, verbally reprimands officer

That guy was a blooming idiot.

vCash
    Cop should've whooped the **** out of him.

vCash
    Wow. A lot of overreacting cop defenders in here.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    There's nothing more obnoxious than the camera phone recording. You want to go give someone a piece of your mind, fine, but don't record it so you can show it to your friends and feel like a big dog.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    There's nothing more obnoxious than the camera phone recording. You want to go give someone a piece of your mind, fine, but don't record it so you can show it to your friends and feel like a big dog.
    A big. Dog.

He was likely recording it due to the fact that he believed himself to be acting well within his rights as a citizen, and wished to make sure he wasn't abused in any fashion by law enforcement for acting as such. Whether or not he was actually correct in questioning the cop is trivial, as even if he was mistaken, it wouldn't give the cop the right to beat the **** out of him with a baton, or something. Not to imply that was ever going to be the case, but it was infinitely less likely to be the case while the cop knew he was being recorded.

vCash
    Well, the guy didn't get beaten with a stick and the video was still shown to the world. I'm pretty sure I know what he was trying to accomplish...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Here's your top three comments:

Jim Robinson · Top Commenter · Clackamas Community College
    It probably played to Seim's advantage that he's white.

Andrew Posner · Top Commenter · Johns Hopkins
    I couldn't see the officer at all, cause Seim's enormous testicles were in the way.

Tangela Nichols · Top Commenter · Norcross, Georgia
    Brown people, do not try this.

Fox News rednecks better watch out because social justice activists are climbing up the stupid ladder fast. They just need a few more ballsy warriors like Gavin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Well, the guy didn't get beaten with a stick and the video was still shown to the world. I'm pretty sure I know what he was trying to accomplish...
    The problem with assumptions here is that the article never really clarified whether he was in the right or wrong to be questioning the cop. If in fact what the cop was doing in driving an unmarked car around was illegal, then his motives for questioning him really don't matter - he's well within his rights to do so as a citizen bearing witness to illegal activity.

If however the cop belonged to one of those forces that the article listed as being exempt from the aforementioned law, then he wouldn't look like much of "a big dog" to anyone who read the article and/or watched the video would he? He'd pretty much look like a jack***.

The thing is, we don't know because the article wasn't clear enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    The problem with assumptions here is that the article never really clarified whether he was in the right or wrong to be questioning the cop. If in fact what the cop was doing in driving an unmarked car around was illegal, then his motives for questioning him really don't matter - he's well within his rights to do so as a citizen bearing witness to illegal activity.

If however the cop belonged to one of those forces that the article listed as being exempt from the aforementioned law, then he wouldn't look like much of "a big dog" to anyone who read the article and/or watched the video would he? He'd pretty much look like a jack***.

The thing is, we don't know because the article wasn't clear enough.
    If he really gave a **** about upholding the law he would have actually called the sheriff and had it checked out. Notice he didn't do that, he just threatened the officer with it. He wanted to tape himself giving a police officer a piece of his mind and that's exactly what he did. His intentions are obvious. The video didn't accidentally make it on the news either.

vCash
    Oh my god this dudes a ****ing lunatic.

" If you saw a child being raped would you just stand by? Or would you intervene."

No **** but child rapists wouldn't be getting guns without background checks if it weren't for you and your brainless sheep.

vCash
    Nah he asked the cop if he was using the vehicle to pull people over which would not be in use of an undercover investigation. He's actually right but, I don't get why this is becoming the greatest thing in the world to do for anyone that's a smart *** and has a camera.

vCash
    At least there wasn't any police brutality here.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast