Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Database errors on here for about 10 mins. last night.

vCash
    yea had a bunch of them last night too. a little slow for me this morning too.

vCash
    Thanks content

vCash
    :gasp:

A Monday without a single reported slowness issue? Must be because Tebow's season is over.

vCash
    wasnt working for the last 10 minutes

vCash
    i just wasn't able to get on for a few minutes.

vCash
    i wasn't able to get on the last 10 minutes

vCash
    Last 20 or so minutes I couldn't get on.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Last 20 or so minutes I couldn't get on.
    Database errors, site just loading forever, or some other page errors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    :gasp:

A Monday without a single reported slowness issue? Must be because Tebow's season is over.
    I know I'm shocked to

vCash
    couldn't get on for a few minutes. Firefox said "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

and it's a little slow for me right now

vCash
    Pretty slow right now for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tyfreaks brotha View Post
    Pretty slow right now for me
    Just got home to check in on things now and they appear fine. I analyzed all of the current stats on all of the web servers and the database, and they are all operating at less than half capacity.

The connection reset issue could be caused by a number of different things not related to server performance:

a) A hiccup in DNS queries (your computer is asking your ISP where to find PSD, and it took too long to respond)

b) I've read some other people who have had issues at other vBulletin forums who have said that for whatever reason, vBulletin is a beast that writes broken things to cookies sometimes, and deleting cookies will fix the issue - I've seen that suggested for other issues around here before, so it's something to try. Personally, since I don't know much about vBulletins code, I have to assume that these other people who have seen this fix it before know what they are talking about.

c) An issue on your computer; if it's not just PSD that is going slow, you may have issues including but not limited to: a virus or some other malware on your computer, a shoddy wireless connection, other network connection issues at your ISP, etc.

I'm not suggesting these other issues because I'm trying to deflect blame from our end; we are still settling in to our new setup, and there may be hiccups. It's also possible that there were network problems at our data center.

All I know is that after experiencing those major slowdowns myself this weekend and identifying and correcting the causes, I can't think of a whole lot else that could be going on the actual servers themselves that I can monitor.

In addition, I do have some tools that are running now that will send me an email update if they hit the server and it doesn't respond. In fact, if the server goes down, dozens of people at SDI will now have their email inboxs flooded with emails, and the support team will likely call me to wake me up to do something. In any case, the monitoring tool didn't notice any hiccups today, which also adds to the possibility that the issue was somewhere outside of our network - DNS, our gateway onto the internet, or anywhere in between our internet and where ever you are.

Currently our monitoring services are set up such that they will only hit the forum servers from within our network, so they won't identify DNS or ISP related issues, although we do have separate tools that try to ensure that those services are up and running.

I'm still keeping a close eye on this thread and the servers, so I'll continue to share whatever information I can with you guys.

Thanks again.

[unrelated] In case anyone hasn't noticed the announcement or post in the mobile forum yet, the iPhone mobile app has also had it's update finally released in the appstore, and is working properly in my iPhone after the update.

vCash
    as for the app I tried to use it but I ran into a familiar message ( which was working fine with me earlier in the day) than when I use my app on the phone after I got off from work a message showed up saying INVALID ENTITY ID anybody else experiencing this problem on there android ??? ( just for more info I updated the app couple of days ago I didn't run into problems except now)
    Last edited by bears88; 01-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    I know about the site outage this morning. Not sure of the cause, but all of the sudden the load went through the roof on all of our servers.

Monitoring the issue closely.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast