Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yup slow seems to happen almost every night now.

vCash
    Really ****ing slow for the app

vCash
    Ya, it's definitely running slow. I can't see issues on any of the servers though. :\

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team:20532780
    Ya, it's definitely running slow. I can't see issues on any of the servers though. :\
    So you agree it's slow? Guess that's a start... I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tyfreaks brotha View Post
    I understand the frustration, and I'm doing my best to resolve the issue, but as far as I can tell, there are no issues on the servers.

I'm trying to figure out what is causing the slowness, but it's not apparent to me right now.

vCash
    Hey content, going forward, when its slow, can you make a record of the # of users on it, id be interested in knowing if there is anything there....

maybe the # of users in the evening goes way up and an additional server would help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Hey content, going forward, when its slow, can you make a record of the # of users on it, id be interested in knowing if there is anything there....

maybe the # of users in the evening goes way up and an additional server would help
    The number of users is definitely higher than average in the evening, but I don't think that's the issue here. As I've mentioned, the load on the servers is pretty low; I think there's something else at play here.

I'll definitely keep that in mind though as I look into the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team:20533039
    I understand the frustration, and I'm doing my best to resolve the issue, but as far as I can tell, there are no issues on the servers.

I'm trying to figure out what is causing the slowness, but it's not apparent to me right now.
    It's weird can't find an issue maybe PSD has been hacked jk. But like another poster mentioned maybe an additional server would help.. I was thinking the same to
    Last edited by tyfreaks brotha; 01-13-2012 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Being slow right now.
    Hey guests! Some sincere advise: don't sign up for ProSportsDaily. You can do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    There were definitely some issues on Monday. For some reason or another, it's a night we've had slowness issues for the last few weeks. My guess is that it's Monday night football related, and peoples' fantasy weeks are finishing up so there is a higher number of posts than the rest of the week. In any case, and for whatever reason, the performance of the site hasn't been acceptable, even after the upgrades.

I've been watching the server loads closely since the upgrades and noticed on major anomaly on one of the servers since the upgrade, and traced that anomaly to the fact that the server was a very old one that we weren't supposed to have after the upgrade. Since Monday this server has also been replaced with one of the higher performance servers.

I'm still waiting to see how we do on Monday before I consider things to be "stable", but I'm hopeful that after that correction things will be a lot better.

Thanks for the input though, without people letting me know, it's hard to tell what effect the changes I've made have had.
    no problem. I'll admit, it is really frustrating when it's slow. but i know you are working on fixing the issue, and that's awesome.

vCash
    Since the servers were pretty low load, I've increased the number of allowed connections each could accept.

This seems to have increased performance, so I'll keep an eye on it, but it looks good.

vCash
    Yeah seems to be running better thanks man.

vCash
    Seems to be running a lot faster

vCash
    Seems to be running a lot faster
    Excellent. I'm fairly confident that the reason the site slowed down this evening was because we had the highest number of people on the site since we had all the new servers in operation and it hit the maximum number of active requests we could handle at a time (450). I've increased this number to 750.

Adding another server would increase this number to 1000, but the servers are still not at capacity, so we could push them a quite a bit further by pumping up some other settings; it's not "recommended" by default, but our servers are actually quite a bit better than is expected "by default", so that's the next step if we run into slow-down issues again.

[edit] It should be noted that active connections is not the same thing as number of users on the site at a time - we could have 5000 users online, but some would be reading posts, some would be refreshing the page, and some would be posting. "Active" means hitting the server - this means refreshing/clicking links/posting.

vCash
    Thanks content. Did the lagging have to do with increased activity in the MLB forum? There was a huge spike in users after the Yankees/Mariners trade.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast