Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 694

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299

    Experiencing slowness on forums.prosportsdaily.com? Let us know here.

    I've closed the other thread regarding slowness since it has been months since the original issue and we've completely reorganized the site since then.

    Let us know if things aren't working smoothly for you and we'll continue to look into providing you with the best service we can.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    I'm glad that they upgraded the servers... but it hasn't been months since the original issue. i was experiencing slowness and couldn't get on just the other day.
    thanks for the upgrades though! hopefully they made a big difference.
    **********

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I'm glad that they upgraded the servers... but it hasn't been months since the original issue. i was experiencing slowness and couldn't get on just the other day.
    thanks for the upgrades though! hopefully they made a big difference.
    I understand your point, but that's not exactly what I meant; I was referring to the fact that the causes of the issue that was originally reported in the other thread have been addressed, and any new slowness is due to misconfiguration of the new setup.

    Since they weren't the same thing, it's better to report and treat them as separate issues, despite having similar symptoms.

    Which day was it that you were having issues?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    oh ok. i understand. my bad. at first when i read it i thought you meant that it hasn't had any problems in months

    i know on monday it was slow... but i can't remember if it was monday or a day or 2 before that that i couldn't get on for a little while.
    **********

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    oh ok. i understand. my bad. at first when i read it i thought you meant that it hasn't had any problems in months

    i know on monday it was slow... but i can't remember if it was monday or a day or 2 before that that i couldn't get on for a little while.
    There were definitely some issues on Monday. For some reason or another, it's a night we've had slowness issues for the last few weeks. My guess is that it's Monday night football related, and peoples' fantasy weeks are finishing up so there is a higher number of posts than the rest of the week. In any case, and for whatever reason, the performance of the site hasn't been acceptable, even after the upgrades.

    I've been watching the server loads closely since the upgrades and noticed on major anomaly on one of the servers since the upgrade, and traced that anomaly to the fact that the server was a very old one that we weren't supposed to have after the upgrade. Since Monday this server has also been replaced with one of the higher performance servers.

    I'm still waiting to see how we do on Monday before I consider things to be "stable", but I'm hopeful that after that correction things will be a lot better.

    Thanks for the input though, without people letting me know, it's hard to tell what effect the changes I've made have had.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    55,105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    There were definitely some issues on Monday. For some reason or another, it's a night we've had slowness issues for the last few weeks. My guess is that it's Monday night football related, and peoples' fantasy weeks are finishing up so there is a higher number of posts than the rest of the week. In any case, and for whatever reason, the performance of the site hasn't been acceptable, even after the upgrades.

    I've been watching the server loads closely since the upgrades and noticed on major anomaly on one of the servers since the upgrade, and traced that anomaly to the fact that the server was a very old one that we weren't supposed to have after the upgrade. Since Monday this server has also been replaced with one of the higher performance servers.

    I'm still waiting to see how we do on Monday before I consider things to be "stable", but I'm hopeful that after that correction things will be a lot better.

    Thanks for the input though, without people letting me know, it's hard to tell what effect the changes I've made have had.
    Raw to we usually have over 30 people in the thread and 1500+ post from 9 to 11 and it always sucks at that time






  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    There were definitely some issues on Monday. For some reason or another, it's a night we've had slowness issues for the last few weeks. My guess is that it's Monday night football related, and peoples' fantasy weeks are finishing up so there is a higher number of posts than the rest of the week. In any case, and for whatever reason, the performance of the site hasn't been acceptable, even after the upgrades.

    I've been watching the server loads closely since the upgrades and noticed on major anomaly on one of the servers since the upgrade, and traced that anomaly to the fact that the server was a very old one that we weren't supposed to have after the upgrade. Since Monday this server has also been replaced with one of the higher performance servers.

    I'm still waiting to see how we do on Monday before I consider things to be "stable", but I'm hopeful that after that correction things will be a lot better.

    Thanks for the input though, without people letting me know, it's hard to tell what effect the changes I've made have had.
    no problem. I'll admit, it is really frustrating when it's slow. but i know you are working on fixing the issue, and that's awesome.
    **********

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,652
    vCash
    1500
    Just wondering, where can I find the new link to bookmark it? That could help with some of my slowness

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299
    Quote Originally Posted by tyfreaks brotha View Post
    Just wondering, where can I find the new link to bookmark it? That could help with some of my slowness
    Not sure what you mean here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,652
    vCash
    1500
    PSD was moved to a different server correct? I'd think the link might have changed. I've had it bookmarked for a couple years now..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    55,105
    vCash
    1500
    Also it is running slow right now






  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Also it is running slow right now
    Database load is a bit high right now, but all web servers are showing good stats. I might try cleaning up some logs tomorrow to see if that helps.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,887
    vCash
    1503
    slow

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    78299
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    slow
    Was slow for a couple of minutes for me there, but seems fine now?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,652
    vCash
    1500
    Slow

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •