Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    Just for the record its

Cammy, negotiation right on Kari Ramo and a 5ft round choice
    VS
    R.Bourque, Pat Holland C, 20, 6'0" and a 2nd round choice in 2013.

I still dont know what impact Bourque will have on the Habs. Its surely a move in the right direction.
    Now the habs are stack with junior propects, even if Holland is a 7 rounder hes 3rd scorer with a good team in the WHL. We just need to trade a few small player like Desharnais or Weber and get a big name with our next 1st round picks 2012 and 2013, a la Burke (Kessel).

Add Patrick Roy to the mix at HC
    Pay Gomez the rest of his contract
    and Gauthier might save his job.

Gauthier's job is on life support right now. He can try and save face by saying he made this trade based on whatever, but in reality, he had to fix the problem he created.

P.Roy as a head coach? That could go really good, or really, really bad. To have the face of the franchise for so long, return as a head coach would be a little bit of pie for Roy wouldn't it? Maybe he could ask Mario Tremblay to be his assistant coach?

I think the only solution for Gomez is to cut your losses, and dump him. What a shame...

vCash
    Cammy is a sniper.... In our system he wont put up those numers...Pit or wash yes
    Mtl...no

I love Cammy but I know we need change
    IMO....These deal is only good if we
    trade Gill for some young prospect
    Trade or leave Gomez in the AHL next year
    Trade Kaberle for a prospect
    Trade Kos or resign...dont let him go for nothing!!!

Both Gill and Kaberle are worth value to a contender

Then we can recover and rebuild quickly
    We could have a great team next year

vCash
    Unfortunately, I think our only hope for Gomez is that he starts to play better. I don't think anyone will take on his $7.3million dollar cap hit and that won't sit well with ownership if they send him to the minors. That's like saying that you're a walmart manager and you lose $100,000 in inventory and you say 'ah, the CEO and President won't mind'. I know it's a crude was of looking at it but my point being that The Montreal Canadiens are a business and rarely do ownerships agree with burying $7.3Milllion.

vCash
    We have alot of great youth and I hope we have a more offensive system from here on in.
    NO MORE SKY HIGH CONTRACTS PLEASE!!!

vCash
    Team that need to get off the cap floor might take him
    I would take a 7th round pick for him or even a journeyman AHL'er to give leadership in the farm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riderpride View Post
    We have alot of great youth and I hope we have a more offensive system from here on in.
    NO MORE SKY HIGH CONTRACTS PLEASE!!!
    I agree. That is one of the positive sides of the Gauthier era is that he has had excellent scouting. 3 players on the Canada junior team and 1 on the US team. Alot of people are talking about this Patrick Holland kid too.

vCash
    I think Holland will have to put some weight and get faster to make any impact in the league.

As for scouting, Im not sure I can agree with PG having excellent scouting. I think Timmins has missed the boat a few times.

vCash
    We were talking re-build elsewhere, (hopefully PG is gone) but if the GM can get some picks, prospects for Kaberle, Darche and Gill at the deadline and ship out Weber or Diaz in a package for a high-end prospect, the Habs wont be in that bad of shape next year.

vCash
    Not really sure who Timmins is but I don't think he drafted (or traded for) anyone by that name. Could be wrong though. But regardless, missing out on one player doesn't really make a team bad at scouting talent. I don't think anyone is batting 100% in that category, not Gauthier, Not Ken Holland, not anyone. Let's not forget the aquisition of Desharnais.
    Last edited by hawks4life; 01-17-2012 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Timmins has been bad. Too many high school americans and too many undersized guys. Hopefully he'll be gone with Gauthier.

vCash
    I looked through the drafts and I can't find where and when they drafted him. Anyways, I like a lot of these young kids coming up in Tinordi, and Gallagher. Don't know what to make of Beaulieu yet after his blunder at the World Juniors. I know a lot of people in Saint John that say he's better than Subban (not really sure if I believe that).

Speaking of Subban, what do you guys make of all the rumors? Last year, he had 38points and was a -8. This year he is on pace to break his rookie season's points total and he is even. I know he's made a few blunders and giveaways, but is the team ready to give up on him that quick? IMO, I think that he has the potential to being an elite defense an in the league (he's only 22). He has an attitude that seems cocky and arrogant but I would take that any day with his will to win and succeed. Again, what do you guys think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Not really sure who Timmins is but I don't think he drafted (or traded for) anyone by that name. Could be wrong though. But regardless, missing out on one player doesn't really make a team bad at scouting talent. I don't think anyone is batting 100% in that category, not Gauthier, Not Ken Holland, not anyone. Let's not forget the aquisition of Desharnais.
    Trevor Timmins is the director of player procurement and player development.

I'm currently doing a study on their draft history over the last 30 years, and the success or lack of success they've had.

You're right, nobody is batting a .1000, but alot have done better than the Habs in this department.

Be it poor philosophy, or poor assessing, it hasn't been good for a long while. When I'm done with the study, I will post it. It is a longer one, and has taken some time, as there are numerous variables to equate, and some is just objective POV, but the jest is they haven't been very successful with 1st round picks, but have caught some lightning in later rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    I looked through the drafts and I can't find where and when they drafted him. Anyways, I like a lot of these young kids coming up in Tinordi, and Gallagher. Don't know what to make of Beaulieu yet after his blunder at the World Juniors. I know a lot of people in Saint John that say he's better than Subban (not really sure if I believe that).

Speaking of Subban, what do you guys make of all the rumors? Last year, he had 38points and was a -8. This year he is on pace to break his rookie season's points total and he is even. I know he's made a few blunders and giveaways, but is the team ready to give up on him that quick? IMO, I think that he has the potential to being an elite defense an in the league (he's only 22). He has an attitude that seems cocky and arrogant but I would take that any day with his will to win and succeed. Again, what do you guys think.
    Subban is a little blunderish, if that is even a word. Plays reckless, takes stupid penalties, and is a little out of control at times.

He is also a good coachable kid from most accounts, so those to me seem to be more young mistakes and he can hopefully grow out of them with time and experience.

He can shoot, and carry the puck, skating isn't too bad, but he has a ways to go and some work to be elite.

If the Habs were to give up on him, it would fit their MO, one where he would go and flourish with another team...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Timmins has been bad. Too many high school americans and too many undersized guys. Hopefully he'll be gone with Gauthier.
    He hasn't gotten with the times has he? This team has been small for a long time, and that has to change.

In this conference, size is important. I can't figure out if when they are scouting, and then drafting, if they are taking the best available player, or if they are taking the player they feel best fits their needs? Either way, they haven't done a good job.

vCash
    The one that pisses me off the most is drafting David Fischer (currently in the ECHL) 20th overall in 2006 and Claude Giroux, who pretty much plays in your god damn backyard, goes 22nd. Just stupidity at it's finest. Not that Giroux is big....but still.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast