Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    The one that pisses me off the most is drafting David Fischer (currently in the ECHL) 20th overall in 2006 and Claude Giroux, who pretty much plays in your god damn backyard, goes 22nd. Just stupidity at it's finest. Not that Giroux is big....but still.
    That is on my list of blunders, yep.

The one I have a hard time with, at least in this decade, is in 03'. They drafted A.Kostitsyn 10th, Jeff Carter went 11th, Dustin Brown went 13th, Brent Seabrook went 14th, Z.Parise 17th, Getzlaf 19th, Brent Burns 20th, R.Kesler 23th, Mike Richards 24th and to boot, last seasons MVP, C.Perry went 28th...........

That's nine guys drafted after they drafted who have gone on to have anywhere from really decent to highly productive careers to date.

Kostitsyn don't get me wrong, has been decent, at times too enigmatic, but the jest is, they passed over some really good players..........

vCash
    For sure, another questionable pick. Kostistyn has a lot of talent but this disease known as lazyitis. He wasn't a terrible pick by any means but the fact that so many studs were taken after him raises some concern as to what the hell they were looking at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    For sure, another questionable pick. Kostistyn has a lot of talent but this disease known as lazyitis. He wasn't a terrible pick by any means but the fact that so many studs were taken after him raises some concern as to what the hell they were looking at.
    Agreed.

I just can't figure out their philosophy when drafting? I mean, take a look back 30 years. I've been a fan since the mid 70's or so, and have watched many drafts, and the one constant has always been since 1980 or so, they will usually bomb, and for the most part, they have.

I'm not sure if you have access to the Rogers published magazine titled " Sportsnet", but they have a really good article on the fall of a once great Canadiens empire......a picture of Price on the cover. Really good article if you get a chance to read it....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123