Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cammalleri traded to Calgary

According to Sportsnet, the Habs winger has been traded to the Calgary Flames. The interesting part of it was that the trade was finalized in the middle the Bruins-Canadiens game on Thursday night, and Cammalleri was pulled off the ice toward the end of the second period.
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-m...-ice-agai.html

vCash
    For Rene Bourque.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    For Rene Bourque.
    Better yet we save 2.66 million now fire gauthier so we can rebuild bourque has a friendly cap at 3.333 million, gomez plecanecs next i hope

vCash
    This is the start of what needed to be done. There are a lot of people who think the Flames won this trade, I say two things to them:

1. You cant live in the past, its been 4 years since his 82 pts in Cgy and 2 years since his 13 goals in the playoffs.
    2. You havent watch the Habs the last two years then.

Cammalleri has been terrible ($6 million/year). A defensive liability, no speed, no grit, no heart, afraid of the corners (or anything that moves in general), and for him to even remotely criticize the team was not even laughable.

I would of been happy with a 2nd rounder, but getting Bourque back isnt too bad.

Thats 1 down. Now to trade Kaberle, Gill, Darche, Moen, Kostitsyn, Gomez at the deadline. Let the re-build begin. Either finish last or finish 1st.

Go Habs.

vCash
    Camm was the primary goal scorer in MTL thats why he struggled. He's still the same player that scored 39 goals. He had no support in MTL, now that he's back with Iggy look for him to go on a hot streak. CGY did win this trade because he could have gotten a lot more for you guys if you traded him to a desperate contender.

vCash
    hey guys random question....when your playing in boston do you like the bruins anthem singer? i know he sounds different but i think he does the canadien anthem awesome.

vCash
    Just for the record its

Cammy, negotiation right on Kari Ramo and a 5ft round choice
    VS
    R.Bourque, Pat Holland C, 20, 6'0" and a 2nd round choice in 2013.

I still dont know what impact Bourque will have on the Habs. Its surely a move in the right direction.
    Now the habs are stack with junior propects, even if Holland is a 7 rounder hes 3rd scorer with a good team in the WHL. We just need to trade a few small player like Desharnais or Weber and get a big name with our next 1st round picks 2012 and 2013, a la Burke (Kessel).

Add Patrick Roy to the mix at HC
    Pay Gomez the rest of his contract
    and Gauthier might save his job.

vCash
    @NickyNick

Lol
    Me think hes a truly horrible singer but he got the fist pump.

vCash
    think its a good trade for the habs...it also sends a message that they wont put up with people like cammy yapping like that.....plus Bourque will be huge in games that play like philly and boston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    @NickyNick

Lol
    Me think hes a truly horrible singer but he got the fist pump.
    haha cool....he actually was an opera singer and he did one game and the fans loved him, now its his full time job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Camm was the primary goal scorer in MTL thats why he struggled. He's still the same player that scored 39 goals. He had no support in MTL, now that he's back with Iggy look for him to go on a hot streak. CGY did win this trade because he could have gotten a lot more for you guys if you traded him to a desperate contender.
    You obviously don't follow the Habs too closely. He is not even close to the same player who scored 39 goals.

As for support, it's not like the Flames have much either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    You obviously don't follow the Habs too closely. He is not even close to the same player who scored 39 goals.

Agreed.

I said it when he was initially signed that it was too long of a deal, and too much money.

He is nowhere near the same player, or at the very least, not nearly as motivated. The Obvious would be to say he is a couple of years older, different division, yada, yada, yada.... botttom line, he didn't perform.

Not entirely his fault though. He is not a top line guy. He is a second liner, and needs to be fed the puck.The Habs haven't done well in that department.

This is the first step, hopefully a few more will be taken......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post

I agree. The thing about Cammelleri is that he gives up. He did it in L.A. and he did it in Montreal. Sure, I think he will get them in to the playoffs because he will be motivated and Iginla will help him. He may play well into next year but eventually, he will drop off. He is naturally, a floater. That's why the year in Calgary, he had 82 points and was-3 for the year. How do you score 39 goals, acquire 82points and still have a -3?! 5 on 5, he is a liability. That being said, he was the best player in that trade. He will definitely help on the Power Play.

As for MOntreal's benefit (because this is a Montreal Forum), Habs need size and someone to stand in front of the net. They get that with Bourque. Montreal saves almost 3 mil of the cap. That will pay for Subban's Contract. Ramo is washed up and going nowhere (also was playing in the KHL). There is actually a chance that Holland will make the NHL and play as a solid Forward (not saying that it's a guarantee, but there's a better chance than Ramo becoming a starter). And finally, we moved up 3 Rounds in the draft from 5th to 2nd.

I say it's a win/win for both teams. Calgary gets someone to help them now and we dump salary and get a prospect and a draft pick.

Also, I would like to point out the fact that Cammy did nothing wrong by what he said in Montreal. The team IS playing like a bunch of losers and he was basically speaking the truth. The problem is that he was one of them. Lol!

vCash
    @ Drevenger. As a Calgary resident (don't worry, still a Habs fan), I have seen Bourque play alot. Bourque is a big body to play in front of the net. He's averaged more goals per game in the last 2 years than Calgary. Most Calgarians are very biased towards him because he's a bit dirty (which is a fair judgement) and he's not really helping while he's on a suspension. But lat year, he was great, according to fans. This year, he hasn't put up the numbers like last but he's still putting up more than Cammy. I think it was what both players needed to rejuvenate their careers.

If I'm not mistaken, he had 4 points in the outdoor game (I was really drunk so I can't remember).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    @ Drevenger. As a Calgary resident (don't worry, still a Habs fan), I have seen Bourque play alot. Bourque is a big body to play in front of the net. He's averaged more goals per game in the last 2 years than Calgary. Most Calgarians are very biased towards him because he's a bit dirty (which is a fair judgement) and he's not really helping while he's on a suspension. But lat year, he was great, according to fans. This year, he hasn't put up the numbers like last but he's still putting up more than Cammy. I think it was what both players needed to rejuvenate their careers.

If I'm not mistaken, he had 4 points in the outdoor game (I was really drunk so I can't remember).
    Hey man, me too....(the highlighted part....lol)

This works for both teams. Regardless of what the totals for goals, assist, points or whatever, Cammalleri had to go, and they got cheaper, bigger, and rid of a headache that wasn't going to do squat here for the rest of his contract.

He is a floater, no doubt. That game can be played a little easier out West( no disrespect to anyone out there, or to any team out there, I really like the Flames, Oilers and Canucks, but it is a faster paced, skating game, where here in the East, it is more clutching, grabbing...)

Not sure how Bourque will transition to Montreal, but if he plays half as hard as MC, he will be a bonus.....

Good move IMO........hopefully more to come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast