Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Few things in life are better than watching the Falcons choke in the playoffs.
    Amen

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    looking in the general forum it is absolutely astonishing to see how many people have us missing the playoffs and crumbling.

vCash
    I don't think we'll win 13 again, but we'll be over .500.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    looking in the general forum it is absolutely astonishing to see how many people have us missing the playoffs and crumbling.
    Good...good...all is going according to plan...No one will expect us to crush their dreams on our way to the Super Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    I'm not being a homer though this is the Saints forum. But honestly if you told me any team was 13-3 the previous season and the only losses were to Rams Bucs and Packers. First I'd think how'd they lose to Rams and Bucs. The Packers loss is totally understandable they almost beat everybody they played.

Then if I was told that same team loss one of the best OG in the game but replaced him with a top 10 OG. And they loss their 4th WR. I'd be like that doesn't sound too bad at all. Then if you said they upgraded at DT and LB. And added a better DC.

You'd have to make a very strong case to get me to think that this team isnt better than the previous seasons team.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Everyone is in agreement that the Saints will be worse, but others are saying we'll be 5+ games worse. I see a 2-4 game decline.

vCash
    Everyone is in agreement that the Saints will be worse, but others are saying we'll be 5+ games worse. I see a 2-4 game decline.
    Why?

We didn't lose anybody significant did we without replacing them?

Am I missing something?

Did we not improve the defense? Thoughts? Enlighten me guys.

The only thing I could see is that the schedule difficulty has gone upp, but we got better so far too I thought.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    It depends on PLAYERS suspensions if we lose Greer, Jenkins, Smith, Vilma we will be hurting to replace those guys. If it stays as is and some how we lose no one else, then look out playoffs HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!! They can suspend us, fine us, humiliate us, take draft picks from us but do they want to play us? HELL NAW

vCash
    The Saints will be fine. The core of who they are and what the do is still in tact. But you have to admit there are a lot of things stacked against the team this year..

-Not having Payton is a pretty big deal
    -Possibility of Drew holding out
    -No first round pick
    -No second round pick (this ruling can still be overturned)
    -New-ish defensive system
    -Probably no Vilma for part of the season
    -Maaaaybe no Will Smith for part of the season
    -Players' minds are occupied with this BS instead of focusing fully on improving their game
    -The schedule seems a bit tougher this year too

So, all I'm saying is there are a lot of negative factors to overcome this year. Everyone will need to give a lil lagniappe in the preperation and effort department. We will really find out how good of a 'team' we have this year.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    It depends on PLAYERS suspensions if we lose Greer, Jenkins, Smith, Vilma we will be hurting to replace those guys. If it stays as is and some how we lose no one else, then look out playoffs HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!! They can suspend us, fine us, humiliate us, take draft picks from us but do they want to play us? HELL NAW
    I guess I was only assuming we'd lose Vilma and Harper maybe Smith.

I posted somewhere else about our decent depth BUT if we lose Jenkins and Greer I think our secondary will be pedestrian at best even if we sign the vet CB from ATL. Long as we have Brees we could always score 49 points and win 49 to 42 like we have in the past so much in the past. Though that may not get us through the playoffs. Dont get me wrong though Im not sleeping on the rest of the NFL especially the NFC South which I think we may have 3 teams over 10 wins again unfortunately. Quick assessment:

Bucs will be improved on both sides of the ball FA signings will help.

Panthers lost many games really closely last year expect that D to be solid and the run game to be even more potent.

ATL I think this year will be solid as usual they have argueably the best WR corp in the division and Micahel Turner and on defense they arent horrible either.

Looking at their rosters and ours we still are the better team overall in the South imo. Namely QB, RB depth, KR, Punting, Passing, and now LB and DT Ellis and Bunkley is a nice duo. Dependent upon Romeous' and Jordan's potential panning out we could have the DEs too.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I guess I was only assuming we'd lose Vilma and Harper maybe Smith.

I posted somewhere else about our decent depth BUT if we lose Jenkins and Greer I think our secondary will be pedestrian at best even if we sign the vet CB from ATL. Long as we have Brees we could always score 49 points and win 49 to 42 like we have in the past so much in the past. Though that may not get us through the playoffs. Dont get me wrong though Im not sleeping on the rest of the NFL especially the NFC South which I think we may have 3 teams over 10 wins again unfortunately. Quick assessment:

Bucs will be improved on both sides of the ball FA signings will help.

Panthers lost many games really closely last year expect that D to be solid and the run game to be even more potent.

ATL I think this year will be solid as usual they have argueably the best WR corp in the division and Micahel Turner and on defense they arent horrible either.

Looking at their rosters and ours we still are the better team overall in the South imo. Namely QB, RB depth, KR, Punting, Passing, and now LB and DT Ellis and Bunkley is a nice duo. Dependent upon Romeous' and Jordan's potential panning out we could have the DEs too.
    We lose Greer, then there's going to be serious trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    We lose Greer, then there's going to be serious trouble.
    That'd be terrible...

First, you'd have to show me a hard, bounty-like hit from Jabari. Good luck with that.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    I can't see the league crippling the defense with suspensions. I think the leaders of the program will be punished, and we could survive losing Harper and Vilma.

vCash
    I can't see the league crippling the defense with suspensions. I think the leaders of the program will be punished, and we could survive losing Harper and Vilma.
    Thats whats going to happen. Even though Harper played the hard hitter role, thats not the name you hear as far as suspensions. Adam Schefter reiterated what he'd said before. The big names with suspensions will probably be Vilma, Will Smith, and Scott Fujita

vCash
    With Hawthorne in the mix, it's easier to lose Vilma, plus his suspended salary can be parlayed toward re-signing Drew.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast