Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who is on Buffalo's Trading Block

As I see it:

Derek Roy - Aside from being too small and this year inconsistent, he holds some trade value. Maybe our best player that can be inconsistent and still fetch a player of value... As per the rumor page here - Ryan Getzlaf might be on the block...

Paul Gaustad - Maybe the next center out of town... Got the size and maybe with a creative new line would be really good... I think behind the scenes he lost value in Buffalo in the Miller Collision and really doesn't have anyone's backs these days... Eric Staal? Gaustad & Roy pay for him!

Pat Kaleta - Great hitter, but again, maybe just a good line would bring him back? Probably not! Buffalo would be wise to dump him... I don't care what anyone says - Sean Avery is a fun guy with some skill. Get him cheap and you wouldn't even miss Kaleta...

Andrej Sekera - HUGE SALARY... Buffalo is making the most of McNabb and Finley is a beast in wait! John Erskine is a value at 1.5 mil... After the Ehrhoff injury - enough said.. Ehrhoff needs to fly with protection as does Miller.. Get this done Darcy!

Hate to see them go but:

Gerbe & Ennis - they will be great to "sweatin the pot" should Buffalo pull the trigger with the Ducks... Simply put - Getzlaf & Perry get dumped , I'd thrown in both these guys!!
    Or if Buffalo does another package - one of these little guys can be tossed in... You gotta love Tropp!!! I think you know which one might go sooner!

vCash
    Everybody in the Organazation should be on the trade block except for Vanek, Mcnabb, Myers. Everyone else is so friggin easily replaceable, its pathetic they are even still here.

I love Kassian, but if he is offered in a prospect package for Getz or Nash, you have to make that deal. To trade Vanek for Getzlof or Nash would be stupid. We trade one scorer for another and then we are in the same boat. We need people to play with Vanek. If he is replaced by one of the above, then we will still need people to play with that player as well, so kinda pointless to trade Vanek.

Myers and Mcnabb cant be dealt either. You cant find size like that on the open market.

Luke Adam may be the prime trade bait player for team. He is showing he is a good player and he is showing he can play right now in the NHL, which is what a team would want if they lost a staring player. Adam also has the most upside of any prospect we have. If there is any deal going to be done, ide be surprised if Adam wasnt apart of that deal.

vCash
    Rumor has it, 3 prospects are being dangled to Carolina for Staal. Carolina's GM says he has said no, but theyre saying that the 3 prospects will help their rebuilding process. As long as the prospects are not Kassian or Mcnabb, I'll be happy.

vCash
    We should be dumping veterans, not young players. I wouldn't trade Gerbe and Ennis just yet. Let them play with quality veterans and a new coach. As for Adam, he's really the only quality center we have. Trading him would be counter-productive, unless a team is desperate for him for some reason.

Roy, Pominille, and Miller are tradeable IMO. Roy especially; IMO his gutless *** should have played his last game here a while ago. As for Miller, we are two or three years away from being cup-worthy. By then his contract will be up and he'll be that much older. He should be on a contender right now; holding him now is a waste of assets.
    Last edited by Rochesta; 01-07-2012 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    I've been hearing Derek Roy.. I'm sure tons of teams would give up some nice packages for Roy. Only problem is, you'd need a legit #1 centre back.

vCash
    We are talking Buffalo and Darcy here, for as much as I can agree trading Miller I just don't see it happening. Kaleta sux but Ruff loves him or so I have heard from people who know Ruff. To acquire the likes of a Nash, Ryan, Perry or Getzlaf you will have to give up a prospect or two and Kassian will be one that goes...his play puzzled me he has a good shot, controls the puck along the boards but he came with a tag of being tough and he didn't show it nor did he hit. I don't see Myers, Pomenville, Vanek or McNabb moving and no one would want Leino or Ehrhoffs contract. Any of the other forwards are expendable. You also have to take into account salaries Nash's cap hit is 7.8m thru the 17-18 season that's a big chunk considering if Vanek and Miller remain on the roster. I would think Stafford, Roy, Boyes (all 4m cap hits), Sekera and Gaustad are the most logical veterans to be included in any trades but be sure Kassian and drafts picks might also be included. Buffalo has no play in terms of the cap so salary for salary has to be taken into account when looking to make trades. Buffalo really painted themselves into a corner with those two FA signings and not getting rid of Boyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bart98 View Post
    As I see it:

Derek Roy - Aside from being too small and this year inconsistent, he holds some trade value. Maybe our best player that can be inconsistent and still fetch a player of value... As per the rumor page here - Ryan Getzlaf might be on the block...

Paul Gaustad - Maybe the next center out of town... Got the size and maybe with a creative new line would be really good... I think behind the scenes he lost value in Buffalo in the Miller Collision and really doesn't have anyone's backs these days... Eric Staal? Gaustad & Roy pay for him!

Pat Kaleta - Great hitter, but again, maybe just a good line would bring him back? Probably not! Buffalo would be wise to dump him... I don't care what anyone says - Sean Avery is a fun guy with some skill. Get him cheap and you wouldn't even miss Kaleta...

Andrej Sekera - HUGE SALARY... Buffalo is making the most of McNabb and Finley is a beast in wait! John Erskine is a value at 1.5 mil... After the Ehrhoff injury - enough said.. Ehrhoff needs to fly with protection as does Miller.. Get this done Darcy!

Hate to see them go but:

Gerbe & Ennis - they will be great to "sweatin the pot" should Buffalo pull the trigger with the Ducks... Simply put - Getzlaf & Perry get dumped , I'd thrown in both these guys!!
    Or if Buffalo does another package - one of these little guys can be tossed in... You gotta love Tropp!!! I think you know which one might go sooner!
    Is "sweatin the pot" supposed to be funny or do you not know that the American English term is sweeten the pot?

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sweeten+the+pot

A large reason why the Sabres have no offense this year is because we have nearly no natural skill-centers on the team. We tried to get Boyes and Leino to play center and neither worked out. So your answer is to trade the only other veteran centers we have on the team? How exactly does that help? If you trade Roy for a first line center, then we have no second line center. If you trade Gaustad then we have no third line center.

Meanwhile we have many, many wingers who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (Stafford, Leino, Boyes). Any trades that do not include those three players do not benefit the team.

I like trading Sekera though. He is utterly unable to keep the puck in at the blue line.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochesta View Post
    We should be dumping veterans, not young players. I wouldn't trade Gerbe and Ennis just yet. Let them play with quality veterans and a new coach.
    I agree, but with their size, keeping both will be difficult. Ennis goes if the price is right.

As for Adam, he's really the only quality center we have. Trading him would be counter-productive, unless a team is desperate for him for some reason.
    If this is true, why is he playing the 4th line? He was playing first line with Vanek and Pommer and contributed nothing to the team. He was consistently set up for half empty net shots after the goalie went down, and only could hit those 25-33% of the time. If he hadn't been over the 10 game mark, he would have been sent back down.

Roy, Pominille, and Miller are tradeable IMO. Roy especially; IMO his gutless *** should have played his last game here a while ago. As for Miller, we are two or three years away from being cup-worthy. By then his contract will be up and he'll be that much older. He should be on a contender right now; holding him now is a waste of assets.
    Agree with Miller.

Would like to trade Roy, but due to lack of centers on the team, there is no point in trading him until we have 3 new centers to play.

Pommer, yeah lets trade the captain and the only player who is scoring besides Vanek. Good idea, not.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I've been hearing Derek Roy.. I'm sure tons of teams would give up some nice packages for Roy. Only problem is, you'd need a legit #1 centre back.
    Would need a #1 and #2 center back.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Rumor has it, 3 prospects are being dangled to Carolina for Staal. Carolina's GM says he has said no, but theyre saying that the 3 prospects will help their rebuilding process. As long as the prospects are not Kassian or Mcnabb, I'll be happy.
    Isn't the Carolina-Staal a -27? Why would we want him?

Skinner would be something to talk about.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leninthebuff View Post
    We are talking Buffalo and Darcy here, for as much as I can agree trading Miller I just don't see it happening. Kaleta sux but Ruff loves him or so I have heard from people who know Ruff. To acquire the likes of a Nash, Ryan, Perry or Getzlaf you will have to give up a prospect or two and Kassian will be one that goes...his play puzzled me he has a good shot, controls the puck along the boards but he came with a tag of being tough and he didn't show it nor did he hit. I don't see Myers, Pomenville, Vanek or McNabb moving and no one would want Leino or Ehrhoffs contract. Any of the other forwards are expendable. You also have to take into account salaries Nash's cap hit is 7.8m thru the 17-18 season that's a big chunk considering if Vanek and Miller remain on the roster. I would think Stafford, Roy, Boyes (all 4m cap hits), Sekera and Gaustad are the most logical veterans to be included in any trades but be sure Kassian and drafts picks might also be included. Buffalo has no play in terms of the cap so salary for salary has to be taken into account when looking to make trades. Buffalo really painted themselves into a corner with those two FA signings and not getting rid of Boyes.
    The story for the last year and a half is that Darcy was fielding 2-3 calls a day for big trades, but was turning down every trade that involves Kassian. He isn't going anywhere.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Is "sweatin the pot" supposed to be funny or do you not know that the American English term is sweeten the pot?

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sweeten+the+pot
    Sorry I used the Cooking Channel version.... Emeril Lagasse said "BAM" toss in Gerbe or Ennis (toooo) if you can get a big center from the Ducks in a trade!

BAM BAM - ((((Grab Bobby Ryan to and you won't even miss Ennis or Gerbe))))GET IT DONE!!

vCash
    Sorry I used the Cooking Channel version.... Emeril Lagasse said "BAM" toss in Gerbe or Ennis (toooo) if you can get a big center from the Ducks in a trade!

BAM BAM - ((((Grab Bobby Ryan to and you won't even miss Ennis or Gerbe))))GET IT DONE!!
    Pretty sure no one on the cooking channel is using sweat to cook with.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Again - back to the post and not the verbage....

Using Philly as a model - Buffalo should not be bound to any player on this team. The core is Vanek, Myers, Adam, and maybe a few others. Since half the year is about over it is clear Buffalo doesn't have leadership! And the only way you can get leadership is to trade for it. Ennis, Gerbe, Hecht, Roy, Stafford have had two (plus) years to be "the guys" and have not. Why should Buffalo be bound to them? Sure Leino, Boyes are new and not producing too.. As you say - lots of wingers here and no centers....

Philly subtracted some of their core and now are more solid. Even the Canadians did this last night by subtracting a core player and even more so at game time....

vCash
    Again - back to the post and not the verbage....

Using Philly as a model - Buffalo should not be bound to any player on this team. The core is Vanek, Myers, Adam, and maybe a few others. Since half the year is about over it is clear Buffalo doesn't have leadership! And the only way you can get leadership is to trade for it. Ennis, Gerbe, Hecht, Roy, Stafford have had two (plus) years to be "the guys" and have not. Why should Buffalo be bound to them? Sure Leino, Boyes are new and not producing too.. As you say - lots of wingers here and no centers....

Philly subtracted some of their core and now are more solid. Even the Canadians did this last night by subtracting a core player and even more so at game time....
    Gerbe and Enis had their rookie season last year. They have not had "two plus" years on the team.

Luke Adam is not a core player on the team. He is a 4th line center half way through his rookie season.

The Habs didn't subtract a core player, they got rid of a nonproducing player who was badmouthing the team in the media.

-Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast