Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Sullinger is gonna be like Z-Bo and that's a HUGE problem.

Z-Bo's teams were never successful until he came to Memphis and that's because the Grizzlies have the perfect personnel. I'm not sure that we have that kind of players to surround Sullinger with.

Memphis has athleticism at all other 4 positions (Conley, Allen, Gay, Gasol) so they can afford to have one player with little athleticism....for us other than Brown, we don't have much athleticism. (Not counting Warrick cause he barely plays and not counting Chill expecting him to get the amnesty)
    that doesnt matter, look at the lakes the past 3 or 4 years. name athletic players on that team. kobe is by no means athletic, nethier is artest, or fisher, or gasol. only odom and bynum.

Basketball is about using your body to your advantage, and sullinger has a HUGE frame, that would be tough for most teams to match up vs. His huge frame will also allow him to rebound the ball at a high rate, because his big ***** will keep his player off the boards. Bottom line is when ur 6'10 270 jumping is not that important because your body creates the space u need.
    Gortat = the honey badger!!!

vCash
    Sullinger is gonna be like Z-Bo and that's a HUGE problem.

Z-Bo's teams were never successful until he came to Memphis and that's because the Grizzlies have the perfect personnel. I'm not sure that we have that kind of players to surround Sullinger with.

Memphis has athleticism at all other 4 positions (Conley, Allen, Gay, Gasol) so they can afford to have one player with little athleticism....for us other than Brown, we don't have much athleticism. (Not counting Warrick cause he barely plays and not counting Chill expecting him to get the amnesty)
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. Reason Randolphs previous teams didn't do so well is because they were just bad groups of players in stuggling franchises. Also Randolph had maturity issues for a long, long time and also suffered from quite a few injuries. When your best player on the floor is immature or out with an injury it's hard to win.

Sullinger will be differen't because, from what I know, he's got a great work ethic and isn't all that injury prone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    that doesnt matter, look at the lakes the past 3 or 4 years. name athletic players on that team. kobe is by no means athletic, nethier is artest, or fisher, or gasol. only odom and bynum.

Basketball is about using your body to your advantage, and sullinger has a HUGE frame, that would be tough for most teams to match up vs. His huge frame will also allow him to rebound the ball at a high rate, because his big ***** will keep his player off the boards. Bottom line is when ur 6'10 270 jumping is not that important because your body creates the space u need.
    I'd say Kobe is still an above average athlete even at his age, only thing holding him back is injuries. Artest might not have the spring he once had but he's still a top defender and you have to be athletic for that.

I think a better example of winning without an athletic team would be the Spurs. While they're all great athletes in their own right, they don't have a lot of, if any, top tier athletes (like Rudy Gay, LeBron, Wade). Last great athletic player they had was probably David Robinson (I'm over probably over-exaggerating, but you get where i'm coming from).

vCash
    If we draft another PF, he better be able to stretch the floor so Gortat can still pick and roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I'd say Kobe is still an above average athlete even at his age, only thing holding him back is injuries. Artest might not have the spring he once had but he's still a top defender and you have to be athletic for that.

I think a better example of winning without an athletic team would be the Spurs. While they're all great athletes in their own right, they don't have a lot of, if any, top tier athletes (like Rudy Gay, LeBron, Wade). Last great athletic player they had was probably David Robinson (I'm over probably over-exaggerating, but you get where i'm coming from).
    Yes you're right , Pistons too without Big Ben wasn't so athletic but both team was very good defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    If we draft another PF, he better be able to stretch the floor so Gortat can still pick and roll.
    If Tyler Zeller is available the Suns ll draft him for sure (Morris, Lopez, Griffin , and next Zeller) , but I m still hoping we have a chance to draft Tony Wroten (Nate Robinson cousin's)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post

I saw the Spurs light us up last week and the Spurs wings looked very athletic and young. Their only oldies now are Duncan and Ginobilli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    I saw the Spurs light us up last week and the Spurs wings looked very athletic and young. Their only oldies now are Duncan and Ginobilli.
    I was thinking more during their championship years. But you're right, they've definitely been trying to get younger and more athletic at the wing. Still, their main men aren't all that athletic.

vCash

Huh? During their title years, Kobe was still a pretty good athlete. Gasol has always been a great athlete so I don't know what your talking about. Artest was a very good athletic player during their title years as well, that's why he was able to shut down players like Durant back then.

During the Shaq-Kobe days, believe it or not, Fisher was also a decent athlete back then.

vCash
    Huh? During their title years, Kobe was still a pretty good athlete. Gasol has always been a great athlete so I don't know what your talking about. Artest was a very good athletic player during their title years as well, that's why he was able to shut down players like Durant back then.

During the Shaq-Kobe days, believe it or not, Fisher was also a decent athlete back then.
    No offense but I think you are confusing athletic with great basketball player.

Kobe is one of the best players of all time and yes he was very athletic during the shaq days. But during this last title run he has been a good athlete, but a great player, look at the most athletic SG in the nba Kobe is not one of them. But he is still the best or second best SG

Artest, was never known for being athletic, he was just always a physical PEST, gets in peoples face and bodys them us. Yes he was never a bum and was never un athletic but was never a top athlete at the SF position.

lebron, Gay, Iggy, Matrix those are Athletes

Wade, mayo, even shannon brown are elite athletes.

then gasol, once again great player, but he cany jump out the roof, he is just long, which is a HUGE advantage to play basketball but I wouldnt call him an athletic PF.

Josh smith, Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, even Tyrus Thomas, are all more athletic but Gasol is better because of his body length and brain.

basketball is not all about being and athletic and the best basketball players are not always the most athletic.

I will take Length over athletisicm any day of the week for post players. a Long post player stays on his feet and can play defense, and can play one on one defense. an athleic PF is a great help defender not usually good in the one on one game.

steve nash, not an elite athlete
    Gortat = the honey badger!!!

vCash
    K guys well here's my list for how I think the draft will go (pending on the lottery shakeup)

1. Bobcats - Anthony Davis

2. Wiz - MKG (perfect player for them, hes a WINNER type of player)

3. Hornets - Bradley Beal (could you imagine if they had a Gordon-Beal combo that would be nice.)

4. Kings - Thomas Robinson (have enough wings, Robinson could be a Blake Griffin like player)

5. Cavs - Harrison Barnes (they need a shooter)

6. Raptors - Jeremy Lamb (Derozan and Lamb on the wings, they have enough bigs)

7. Blazers - Andre Drummond (rebuilding team, takes the best potential player, move Aldridge to PF)

8. Jazz - Kendall Marshall (Good old Jazz type of PG)

9. Pistons - Jared Sullinger (Sullinger + Monroe = BEASTS)

10. Hornets - Arnett Moultrie (Carl Landry's replacement, best pick available)

11. Blazers - Damian Lillard (With Felton gone, could use another pg)

12. Bucks - Meyers Leonard (Need a bigger body down low at center)

13. Jazz - Austin Rivers (incase Marshall doesn't work out)

14. Rockets - Perry Jones (best pick available)

15. Suns - Tony Wroten (Thats who I would want at that spot and it seems like the best available.
    Wolves

vCash

2. Wizards - MKG

3. Hornets - Andre Drummond

4. Kings - Harison Barnes

5. Cavs - Brad Beal

6. Raptors - Thomas Robinson

7. Blazers -Damian Lilliard

8. Jazz - Kendall Marshall

9. Pistons - John Henson

10. Hornets - Jared Sullinger

11. Blazers - Austin Rivers

12. Bucks - Meyers Leonard

13. Jazz - Terence Ross

14. Rockets - Arnett Moultrie

15. Suns - Perry Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchSunsFan View Post

2. Wizards - MKG

3. Hornets - Andre Drummond

4. Kings - Harison Barnes

5. Cavs - Brad Beal

6. Raptors - Thomas Robinson

7. Blazers -Damian Lilliard

8. Jazz - Kendall Marshall

9. Pistons - John Henson

10. Hornets - Jared Sullinger

11. Blazers - Austin Rivers

12. Bucks - Meyers Leonard

13. Jazz - Terence Ross

14. Rockets - Arnett Moultrie

15. Suns - Perry Jones
    I doubt Henson goes that high hahahaa. + with Thomas Robinson going to Toronto do you have him playings SF? Cause they have plenty of bigs, they still have last years pick that is a Center/PF still over seas.
    Wolves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JO3 View Post
    I doubt Henson goes that high hahahaa. + with Thomas Robinson going to Toronto do you have him playings SF? Cause they have plenty of bigs, they still have last years pick that is a Center/PF still over seas.
    Henson is type of Pistons player but they can draft Leonard too from Illinois , for the Raps I can say we drafted Nash when Kevin Johnson and Jason Kidd was on the team so they can draft Robinson and trade Davis or Valanciunas.

Lol I missed Jeremy Lamb on my list
    Last edited by FrenchSunsFan; 04-22-2012 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    No offense but I think you are confusing athletic with great basketball player.

Kobe is one of the best players of all time and yes he was very athletic during the shaq days. But during this last title run he has been a good athlete, but a great player, look at the most athletic SG in the nba Kobe is not one of them. But he is still the best or second best SG

Artest, was never known for being athletic, he was just always a physical PEST, gets in peoples face and bodys them us. Yes he was never a bum and was never un athletic but was never a top athlete at the SF position.

lebron, Gay, Iggy, Matrix those are Athletes

Wade, mayo, even shannon brown are elite athletes.

then gasol, once again great player, but he cany jump out the roof, he is just long, which is a HUGE advantage to play basketball but I wouldnt call him an athletic PF.

Josh smith, Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, even Tyrus Thomas, are all more athletic but Gasol is better because of his body length and brain.

basketball is not all about being and athletic and the best basketball players are not always the most athletic.

I will take Length over athletisicm any day of the week for post players. a Long post player stays on his feet and can play defense, and can play one on one defense. an athleic PF is a great help defender not usually good in the one on one game.

steve nash, not an elite athlete
    What the hell are you saying man?

I was responding to your post which said there were no athletes on the Laker teams and now you are saying "they are athletic but just don't have elite athleticism"?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast