Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pending Moves

vCash

Pending Moves

It's been a while since I posted here. Does anyone else think there are some definate pending trades coming along? Our offensive roster is VERY deep, and our scoring has been the best part of our game. However, defense wins in the playoffs and with Pronger out, and the possibility of Timonen getting hurt I would like to see the Flyers make a couple of moves.

First I would like to see them trade one of our Future Star forwards for a Current and Future Star Defenseman. Yes Like Weber. If something like that can't be had, then they need to go after a 3-5 depth defenseman.

I would also like to see then aquire a high scoring vet for the playoff run. Maybe Iginla, Nash, Getzlaf, Ryan, ETC.... I dont want to lose all our youth, but I'm afraid to go into the playoffs with such a young and inexperienced team.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    We'd have to give up multiple young players and picks to get anyone of them...I personally don't see a big move like that.

vCash
    I think a middle of the road d-man is really the way to go. Those guys you mentioned are all studs but studs cost a lot of prospects. You would have to assume a mix of JVR, Scheen, and Couts would be in the deal. I'm just not sure this team is really going to break up this young nucleus for a stud player that will either have a big payday coming or is already making a lot.

vCash
    I don't think we need as much as people think for this team. I'm not ready to get rid of any youth off of this team. They've performed way above anyone's expectations....The chemistry on this team is good. The only problem is they run around too much in their own zone. I think in order to stabilize the defensive zone play is just time together and coaching. Things will fall into place....the depth on this team is a strength....I wasn't expecting them to challenge for a Cup this year...but next year and for years to come become of our youth...

vCash
    I personally would love to see the Flyers pick up Tim Gleason from the Canes. They aren't going to make the playoffs and I think the sooner the Flyers make a deal the less the price will be, as Gleason and others prices are rising with all the injuries throughout the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    It's been a while since I posted here. Does anyone else think there are some definate pending trades coming along? Our offensive roster is VERY deep, and our scoring has been the best part of our game. However, defense wins in the playoffs and with Pronger out, and the possibility of Timonen getting hurt I would like to see the Flyers make a couple of moves.

First I would like to see them trade one of our Future Star forwards for a Current and Future Star Defenseman. Yes Like Weber. If something like that can't be had, then they need to go after a 3-5 depth defenseman.

I would also like to see then aquire a high scoring vet for the playoff run. Maybe Iginla, Nash, Getzlaf, Ryan, ETC.... I dont want to lose all our youth, but I'm afraid to go into the playoffs with such a young and inexperienced team.

trading the future for now is almost never the way to go. i wouldn't make a major move for anything.

me personally, i'd much rather have an uber-competitive team over the next 10+ years than trade it all away for a possible cup this season.

i don't see how this team can't at least contend for it this season. all you need is a few bounces to go your way and you're in the cup finals; i think we all know about that.

there are NO guarantees. this team has an unbelievably bright future the way it is constructed right now. add a solid defenseman or two and i could see this team doing well in the playoffs.

vCash
    While I think we will take a run at a defenseman or two I don't think we will trade either Schenn or Couturier...and I don't think we should trade either of those guys with what we have to work with.

IMO we need one of two things........we either need one seriously impactful defenseman to be the anchor of this group.....ala Weber if he's available. Again, given Kimmo's age and Prongers uncertainty I look at a Weber deal not as a complete necessity but more the timing with his RFA status to get him long term to pick up as the leader on D. If the price is too steep then we wait until the off season and figure out where pronger is and decide whether we take a run at him.

If that doesn't happen there are guys out there who we could get for Draft picks as rentals because they are UFA's at the end of the year.........Suter from Nashville, Gleason from Carolina and Andy Sutton from Edmonton. Sutton is not a sexy name in there but he's a veteran who plays with an mean streak that is something our group could use come playoff time.

Again, all three of those guys would upgrade the D while not costing a core player. If I'm being honest I actually try to get 2 of them. I don't believe Bourdon is ready to be in the playoffs.....remember, Kimmo has a way of getting banged up by the end of the year and if he goes down for even a week in the playoffs it could be devastating. That makes Lilja my 7th defenseman in case of injury.

That all depends on the actual price tags..but I'm figuring that for a FA rental it shouldn't be too too steep.

I think we have a good mix of guys here and I don't really think the coach or the GM wants to tinker with that too too much either...but we definitely need to shore up the back end.

If we are going to trade someone on our active roster....if that's what it takes to get someone of bigger impact somewhere then my first choice is Matt Read. I like the guy a lot....he seems to do so many things well.....but when you look at it, he's already 25 and I just think his present and future game is one that we can more easily absorb if he's not there............or rather I should say, given all the other young guys we have and his age he's probably got the lesser upside than what a few of the other guys have.
    Last edited by Hatch; 01-09-2012 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Rumors out of L.A. has it Jack Johnson for JVR dont know if this is even up or more involved but interesting to say the least..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoPhilly14 View Post
    I personally would love to see the Flyers pick up Tim Gleason from the Canes. They aren't going to make the playoffs and I think the sooner the Flyers make a deal the less the price will be, as Gleason and others prices are rising with all the injuries throughout the league.
    On the opposite side of that....the Canes would more than likely want to wait it out and shop him more to drive the price up as much as they can......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Rumors out of L.A. has it Jack Johnson for JVR dont know if this is even up or more involved but interesting to say the least..
    Holmgren will really playing with fire if he trades JVR right after he signed his contract....Player will not come here to play if they know that Holmgren moves them after getting them committed for an extension. Richards and Carter are proof of that fact.

Flyers fans know JVR isn't playing up to his "playoff" level, but he has been dealing with injuries and different linemates...I just think this team will "click" when the playoffs roll around...

Bourdon doesn't worry me as much as Lilja does....Bourdon will be fine he just needs a better partner out there on the ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    trading the future for now is almost never the way to go. i wouldn't make a major move for anything.

me personally, i'd much rather have an uber-competitive team over the next 10+ years than trade it all away for a possible cup this season.

i don't see how this team can't at least contend for it this season. all you need is a few bounces to go your way and you're in the cup finals; i think we all know about that.

there are NO guarantees. this team has an unbelievably bright future the way it is constructed right now. add a solid defenseman or two and i could see this team doing well in the playoffs.

I don't get how trading for Shea Weber would fall under that category. He is young and we could sign him long term if we ended up trading someone like a JVR since his cap would be coming off the books (and he could become a Carle or Pronger replacement at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Do you have some sort of link? I know we are constantly linked to Jack Johnson.

vCash
    Yes I believe I read this on the fourth period site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Holmgren will really playing with fire if he trades JVR right after he signed his contract....Player will not come here to play if they know that Holmgren moves them after getting them committed for an extension. Richards and Carter are proof of that fact.

Flyers fans know JVR isn't playing up to his "playoff" level, but he has been dealing with injuries and different linemates...I just think this team will "click" when the playoffs roll around...

Bourdon doesn't worry me as much as Lilja does....Bourdon will be fine he just needs a better partner out there on the ice...
    Recently Bourdon has been the bigger issue. See the tying goal last night when Karlson scored and the tying goal that Kane scored when we played the Hawks. They both solely rest on the shoulders of Bourdon. Also, he made numerous other mistakes controlling the puck, handling passes, making passes, and clearing the puck. Really, it has only been over the past three or four games, but thats enough to concern me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post

Totally agree,Lilja makes so many mistakes he is terrible..Bourdon will be ok with a better partner agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post

I would do Matt Read and a 1st rounder for Bobby Ryan and Beauchemin!! Defense and offense!! lol

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast