Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Browns Rumor Mill.

Here we can post any legit rumors (with sources) that have anything to do with the Brownies.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer reiterates that impending free agent Peyton Hillis is "most likely gone" in 2012.
    Beat writer Mary Kay Cabot hints that the Browns brass had already made up its mind on Hillis by Week 14. Increasingly injury-prone with a fumbling problem, Hillis won't see the $5 million to $6 million a year he's said to be requesting from the Browns. Per Cabot, the Browns believe the offensive line is strong enough that another back can be plugged in at a fraction of the cost.
    rotoworld.

vCash
    ok here my question. with the pick we have I would think about Richardson if Hillis gone. Or keep Hillis around and go after another rec.

vCash
    I can see where your coming from there.

vCash
    If you really want to snag Richardson, I think the best thing would be to trade down a few spots and get him. He will still be there. On top of that, you pay him less and you get an extra pick or two in the process.

vCash
    Thats a great idea rhass.

vCash
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer believes the Browns would be interested in Kevin Kolb were he to be cut by the Cardinals.
    The consensus in Arizona has been that Kolb will be back in 2012, but there's still plenty of time for that to change between now and the start of free agency. Both Browns coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert were with the Eagles in 2007 when they made Kolb the No. 36 overall pick of the draft. He would be a better fit in Cleveland's traditional West Coast offense than Arizona's more aggressive downfield attack.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Not this again Grossi. Jesus.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Not this again Grossi. Jesus.
    Kolb.

vCash
    I know. I'd rather draft a Foles, Cousins or Lindley in the later rounds of the draft to develop then going after Kolb again.

vCash
    Report: Dallas Cowboys hiring Jerome Henderson, who spent past 3 seasons as Browns’ DBs coach

By Nate Ulrich
    Beacon Journal sports writer

Published: January 10, 2012 - 10:44 PM
    Jerome Henderson, who spent the past three seasons as the Browns’ defensive backs coach, will reportedly hold the same job with the Dallas Cowboys next season.

Henderson is leaving the Browns to join the Cowboys, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Tuesday night. Henderson would reunite with Rob Ryan, who served as the Browns’ defensive coordinator from 2009-10 before filling the same role for the Cowboys in 2011.

The Cowboys have not yet confirmed the hire.

With the guidance of Henderson, the Browns’ defense ranked second against the pass (184.9 yards allowed per game) during the 2011 regular season. It ranked 18th (220.7 yards allowed per game) and 29th (244.7 yards allowed per game) against the pass in 2010 and 2009, respectively.

Before coming to Cleveland, Henderson spent two seasons coaching defensive backs for the New York Jets. He was the Jets’ director of player development for two years, including one season in which he also coached.

Henderson, 42, played defensive back for eight seasons (1991-98) in the NFL. He was a member of the New England Patriots, the Buffalo Bills, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Jets.
    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/re...coach-1.254509

This is a fairly bad lose, IMO. I would have liked to have seen another year or 2 years of development under Henderson for Haden and Ward. Oh well. Money talks.
    Last edited by ClevelandPWND; 01-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    I'm not entirely opposed to bringing Kevin Kolb in for competition at the QB position. He's in a tough situation in Arizona. No off-season, new offense, injuries and finally a back-up that just seems to win.

His contract is big, but the Browns have a ton of cap-space to work with. Most NFL contracts are essentially 3 year contracts anyway meaning they could dump him in 2 years without any cap hit if he is a bust. The only thing is what sort of compensation would the Browns have to part with? If it's anything more than a 3rd round pick I say no thanks, otherwise I like the idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    I'm not entirely opposed to bringing Kevin Kolb in for competition at the QB position. He's in a tough situation in Arizona. No off-season, new offense, injuries and finally a back-up that just seems to win.

His contract is big, but the Browns have a ton of cap-space to work with. Most NFL contracts are essentially 3 year contracts anyway meaning they could dump him in 2 years without any cap hit if he is a bust. The only thing is what sort of compensation would the Browns have to part with? If it's anything more than a 3rd round pick I say no thanks, otherwise I like the idea.
    I think they are basing it on if he gets cut. I don't think the Brownies would trade anything for him or have to sign him to a large contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I think they are basing it on if he gets cut. I don't think the Brownies would trade anything for him or have to sign him to a large contract.
    You don't think the Browns would even consider a reasonable 3rd day pick? Heckert and Shurmur are probably very high on him and I imagine they were probably a team the Eagles had discussions with last fall when it came to trading partners. Maybe the price was a little too steep for them at the time but a 3rd day pick isn't bad.

Of course, if he gets cut that's a better situation for the Browns as they won't have to give up any compensation and they could sign him to a more affordable contract. Either way, this probably isn't the last we'll here of Kolb to Cleveland rumors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    You don't think the Browns would even consider a reasonable 3rd day pick? Heckert and Shurmur are probably very high on him and I imagine they were probably a team the Eagles had discussions with last fall when it came to trading partners. Maybe the price was a little too steep for them at the time but a 3rd day pick isn't bad.

Of course, if he gets cut that's a better situation for the Browns as they won't have to give up any compensation and they could sign him to a more affordable contract. Either way, this probably isn't the last we'll here of Kolb to Cleveland rumors.
    Oh I would have no problem with that if they traded one of thier 4ths and maybe even a 6th for him but that means you would have to take on his contract or try to restructure it which I just dont see him or the Browns doing with how large it is. Thats why I said he would have to be cut for the Browns to seriously look into him IMO. Yes the Browns have cap space but do you really want to use it on Kolb and that contract he has. Come on.

And your right, Grossi will continue to spin the Kolb rumors because that is his job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast