Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koufos > Mosgov

vCash

Koufos > Mosgov

Well, I think that he is better as of right now. I have hope that Mozzy will continue to develop and we will have two solid centers with one alos having the ability to play the 4 position (Koufos).

vCash
    as of now he is. You can tell koufos really put work into his game (has developed a really nice hook shot). It takes time to develop bigs, but both are a work in progress with koufos edging him out in production.

vCash
    I love koufos and think he will be great but i can see mozzie might have some more upside and thats why i am not opposed to mozzie starting over koufos

But i think what we can all agree on is that there is no doubt koufos is better than bird and deserves all of his minutes, and i think GK is starting to see that too

vCash
    Maaaaaaaaaaan, Koufus > Nene ......Mozgov > Nene .....No injuries thus far, more length, and bigger presence.

Apparently yall must only be focusing on statistics, because the presence that Mozgov has out there has been great! He's been able to cause major problems for Bynum, Kaman, Okafur, and Al Jefferson....Teams cant do what they use to do against us with Mozgov out there, and yes Koufus.

I dont see NO need for any moves with trades, free agents, or rotations...If we winning, I dont see the reason to complain and fix something that hasn't shown to be broken yet. Stick with Mozgov starting and Koufus coming off the bench, until we get more negative reinforcement with that lineup...Until then, all the results have been great for us.

vCash
    Just because we're winning doesn't mean you just don't want to improve. Nobody is saying make a move/alter the starting rotation. As of now Koufos has shown more than Mozzy that's pretty much it.

Just now though, Karl is starting to realize Koufos brings more to the table than Bird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Just because we're winning doesn't mean you just don't want to improve. Nobody is saying make a move/alter the starting rotation. As of now Koufos has shown more than Mozzy that's pretty much it.

Just now though, Karl is starting to realize Koufos brings more to the table than Bird.
    I still dont see the point of putting emphasis on "Koufus > Mozgov" ...That title indicated enough to me, that Koufus deserves more minutes than Mozgov, so I will act upon my interpretation of that.

In this forum, i've seen Nuggets fans wanting to make moves for Demarcus Cousins, D. Howard, and other players. Even tho it may not be acknowledged in this thread, I still felt the need to exercise my free will and speak on it [regardless if it doesnt pertain to this thread].

And you have ya belief that even if we winning, there's still room for improvement...I have mine, that if something is going good, why even mess with it?

vCash
    You can go ahead and act upon that interpretation all you would like but it seems though that the title producer is just stating that he's better/greater than that Mozzy at the moment. And it's really not all that crazy to say that but if that's your interpretation then that's your interpretation, so be it.

That's fine. Folks are allowed to "exercise their free will" in posting their opinions. That's not even an issue or relevant for that matter.

That's fine again. Nothing wrong with either view points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    Maaaaaaaaaaan, Koufus > Nene ......Mozgov > Nene .....No injuries thus far, more length, and bigger presence.

Apparently yall must only be focusing on statistics, because the presence that Mozgov has out there has been great! He's been able to cause major problems for Bynum, Kaman, Okafur, and Al Jefferson....Teams cant do what they use to do against us with Mozgov out there, and yes Koufus.

I dont see NO need for any moves with trades, free agents, or rotations...If we winning, I dont see the reason to complain and fix something that hasn't shown to be broken yet. Stick with Mozgov starting and Koufus coming off the bench, until we get more negative reinforcement with that lineup...Until then, all the results have been great for us.
    I agree that moz should continue starting but koufos has definitely shown more so far, and you are underrating him

This is a little opinion based but from my view, and ive watched every game, koufos is the best rebounder on this team offensive and defensive, he boxes out with more discipline than anyone else we have, his post game is also more refined than mozzie's as of right now, and he has shown some good defense at times, still though, mozzie overall has had better defense and like you said a big presence especially on the defensive side of the ball

my opinion is that they should treat this situation like they do with PGs, both playing similar amounts of minutes while finding times to have both on the floor at the same time

vCash
    You can go ahead and act upon that interpretation all you would like but it seems though that the title producer is just stating that he's better/greater than that Mozzy at the moment. And it's really not all that crazy to say that but if that's your interpretation then that's your interpretation, so be it.

That's fine. Folks are allowed to "exercise their free will" in posting their opinions. That's not even an issue or relevant for that matter.

Okay, Koufus is statistically producing more than Mozgov, SO WHAT? The team is winning! If there's any competition between players, the main focus should be Koufus > Nene ... Koufus > Birdman ....Because Nene is in his practical injured state, that we encounter every season, and never really improves his overall game--And after all these years, only offensive attribute Birdman has been able to add to his game, is an okay jumpshot from beyond the freethrow line--and once every 15 game athletic highlight.

Both Mozgov and Koufus have been doing great. Koufus has the numbers, but Mozgov has the presence that dont get displayed in statistics.

And yeah I *exercise my freewill* to bring other topics into this thread, and there's been plenty of people who wants to make moves for Stars and superstars in this forum. So please dont say "Nobody is saying make a move", like i'm dumb and spontaenously coming up with things that dont exist. Because they do exist, and there are Nuggets fans who want to make moves. So I used the "exercise my freewill" notion, to help you avoid from pointing out the obvious of "Nobody brought up the idea of making any trades or moves in this thread" stuff.

My overall point is...Mozgov and Koufus have both been great, and only thing I see that can make Koufus better, are the stats...And stats truely dont tell the whole story, because Mozgov has been awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    I agree that moz should continue starting but koufos has definitely shown more so far, and you are underrating him

This is a little opinion based but from my view, and ive watched every game, koufos is the best rebounder on this team offensive and defensive, he boxes out with more discipline than anyone else we have, his post game is also more refined than mozzie's as of right now, and he has shown some good defense at times, still though, mozzie overall has had better defense and like you said a big presence especially on the defensive side of the ball

my opinion is that they should treat this situation like they do with PGs, both playing similar amounts of minutes while finding times to have both on the floor at the same time

Ahh nah nah nah...I dont underrate Koufus, he's been great, and i'm enthused to see him developing a good game for us. I'm just excited to see 7 footers playing consistently on our team again. But in my view, Moz isn't needed to produce big numbers--just get out there and get rebounds and play hard defense on all the Centers who have ****ed us in the past. If he can get some points, thats all the more sweeter.

I do agree, that Birdman needs to start practicing on some ****, or else Koufus should begin cutting into his minutes gradually.

vCash
    The team is winning. That's great, the statement was, however, "Koufos>Mozgov." So the fact that Koufos has produced more statistically and matches mozgov's "presence" relates to the topic at hand...which is "Koufos>Mozgov" so that is the relevance of the "SO WHAT?" that you speak of.

The "nobody is saying make a move" statement relates to the discussion in this thread not throughout the forum. Just because you're "exercising your free will" of bringing other topics in other threads with other discussions into this one doesn't mean that my statement, "that nobody is saying make a move," correlates with those discussions. I made that statement pertaining to this topic and only this topic at hand. The rest is your doing.

I too have been pleased with both Mozzy and Koufos. With Koufos production and presence, I feel a "Koufos>Mozgov" can be warranted. That's my overall point.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 01-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    I think we can all agree they've both done great and its nice to have to 7 footers in the rotation finally. But has anyone else noticed some of the phantom calls the refs have been giving mozgov this year? He probably could be a little more careful but some of the calls against him have been very questionable imo...

vCash
    you got a mean looking raw Russian 7 footer...they will definitely pick on him.

Poor mozzy, Tim "flopping" Duncan may have a field day with him...just on that aspect. Hopefully, they let him play though.

vCash
    I still dont see the point of putting emphasis on "Koufus > Mozgov" ...That title indicated enough to me, that Koufus deserves more minutes than Mozgov, so I will act upon my interpretation of that.
    Since I started the thread, I have to get in on this. I never said who should get more minutes. It's simply my opinion that Koufos is a more well-rounded player than Mosgov at this point. All of that extra you're interpreting in all you....

In this forum, i've seen Nuggets fans wanting to make moves for Demarcus Cousins, D. Howard, and other players. Even tho it may not be acknowledged in this thread, I still felt the need to exercise my free will and speak on it [regardless if it doesnt pertain to this thread].
    Ok, I started the thread about Cousins also but I never said that we should definitely make a trade. I did say that if he was available we should explore that option to see what it would take to get him. Kinda like window shopping. Just because you look it doesn't mean that you are going to buy. I still feel that Cousins is a much better player than either Mozzy or Kosta right now. But hey, that's just me.....

And you have ya belief that even if we winning, there's still room for improvement...I have mine, that if something is going good, why even mess with it?
    There IS always room for improvement....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post

Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    I think we can all agree they've both done great and its nice to have to 7 footers in the rotation finally. But has anyone else noticed some of the phantom calls the refs have been giving mozgov this year? He probably could be a little more careful but some of the calls against him have been very questionable imo...
    I just want to say thanks! You Guys just pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast