Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harden

62 42.76%
  • Westbrook

83 57.24%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Westy plays way out of control....Westbrook might be the better player but I love Harden more....

vCash
    Harden Easily
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    Okay, I know Westbrook came into the league first and everyone has been wowed by his athleticism but the fact is: WESTBROOK WAS A WALK ON AT UCLA WHEN THEY WERE BAD. He was never highly recruited and he even REDSHIRTED when he got there. The fact that Westbrook even made it to the league was a surprise.

Harden on the other hand was a Top 20 recruit coming out of high school and single handedly led ASU to their first 2 NCAA tournament appearances in a decade.

My point:This isn't anything new. Harden always has been the better player.

vCash
    Durante deserves 1st and 2nd for being such a stud.

vCash
    Harden is severely overrated on PSD (still a good player); Westbrook just so happened to have a slow start to the season while Harden had a fast start.

/thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    Harden Easily
    Facepalm worthy.

vCash
    The Westbrook supporters are simply just blind to his weaknesses because they are consumed with his athletic ability. Yes, he is an outstanding athlete, but in terms of Basketball IQ and just making good decisions on the court, he isn't that good a player.

vCash
    Westy, for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    If you were in the Thunder front office you would be ran out of Oklahoma! Thats just bad!!!
    it really cant be worst than dan gilbert but to each its own

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Okay, I know Westbrook came into the league first and everyone has been wowed by his athleticism but the fact is: WESTBROOK WAS A WALK ON AT UCLA WHEN THEY WERE BAD. He was never highly recruited and he even REDSHIRTED when he got there. The fact that Westbrook even made it to the league was a surprise.

Harden on the other hand was a Top 20 recruit coming out of high school and single handedly led ASU to their first 2 NCAA tournament appearances in a decade.

My point:This isn't anything new. Harden always has been the better player.
    yeah people seem to forget hardens short college career. He doesnt impress you with high flying dunks or flashy plays but has a high iq as(dare i say nash) he plays old school basketball and imo harden>westbrook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Facepalm worthy.
    i dont care what peoples obsession with Westbrook is but Harden is going to continue to be better than him this year
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    The Westbrook supporters are simply just blind to his weaknesses because they are consumed with his athletic ability. Yes, he is an outstanding athlete, but in terms of Basketball IQ and just making good decisions on the court, he isn't that good a player.
    So by this notion a prime Shane Battier is a better than Westbrook as well right?

When evaluating a player I look at the entire body of work, from statistical production, to intangible worth to athleticism, to ability to raise their level of play when it counts most etc. Looking at players' weaknesses and strengths. Westbrook has a tonne of weaknesses however those don't outweigh his strengths. Harden has less weaknesses than Westbrook does but that doesn't make him a better player than Westbrook is.

You guys act as if this is Westbrook's first season and he is not capable of playing better than this. Right now he's playing arguably the worst ball of his NBA career while Harden is playing his best. So tell me how can we derive at an accurate indication of who is better than whom from just that?

When the Thunder lost to the Mavs last post season I was Westbrook's biggest critic but I did not forget what he was able to do when he actually played the game at the level that he's capable of. Apparently everyone else is forgetting that and living in the moment.

vCash
    i dont care what peoples obsession with Westbrook is but Harden is going to continue to be better than him this year
    Do you have a crystal ball? How can you tell us this? It took Westbrook playing at his absolute worst and Harden playing at his absolute best for this to even become discussion worthy. What happens when the tables are turned? What happens when they are both on track? Saying Harden is easily the Thunder 2nd showing a lack of understanding that its 8 games into the season and we can NEVER get an accurate indicator of who is better than whom based on 8 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Do you have a crystal ball? How can you tell us this? It took Westbrook playing at his absolute worst and Harden playing at his absolute best for this to even become discussion worthy. What happens when the tables are turned? What happens when they are both on track? Saying Harden is easily the Thunder 2nd showing a lack of understanding that its 8 games into the season and we can NEVER get an accurate indicator of who is better than whom based on 8 games.
    he was outplaying him in the playoffs too way more efficient and took care of the ball better, if by the end of the year and playoffs Westbrook clearly outplays Harden i'll admit it

vCash
    he was outplaying him in the playoffs too way more efficient and took care of the ball better, if by the end of the year and playoffs Westbrook clearly outplays Harden i'll admit it
    So wait basically what you're saying is that 25 games is > 164? That's what you're saying?

Efficiency and ball handling are two important parts of the game I'd never disagree with that but being an Allen Iverson fan how much do you value effectiveness? Because A.I. was erratic and never very efficient but more times than not he was able to get the job done.

As poor as Westbrook played in those regards this led me to the understanding that he was quite effective regardless.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast