Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thumbs up Vitali Klitschko shows up to protest and ends it.

Vitali who will be running for president of Ukraine, showed up to a big protest that was about to get ugly, he single handedly ended it.

I was going to post this in the quick hits, but it's just to awesome. Really shows the power his name has over there. And thats the difference with boxing and other sports in the rest of the world.

If your a great boxer in other parts of the world, you can be a national hero beyond what any athlete anywhere else can be.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnzy2d...%3DrSnzy2dZtsE

vCash
    He is a great guy. A great competitor. Proud of people like him

vCash
    What a boss.

vCash
    So before I thought vitali was just a part of the protest. I was wrong, he's actually the leader of it. There's 500K people there, and they've been fighting with police with molotovs and all kinds of home made stuff for days now.

Here's an article from CNN with recent updates.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/world/...aine-protests/

"We did not receive any answers," Klitschko told demonstrators after the meeting, referring to calls for snap elections and the resignation of the government. "When we talked about canceling the new laws that make each of us here a criminal, we heard that maybe this can be a point of negotiations. I will be with the people. If I have to fight, I will fight. If I have to go under bullets, I will. I will stand up for the people, because I want to live in a different country."
    He added, amid the chants of supporters: "If tomorrow the President does not make a step forward, we will attack."
    This dude started a god damn revolution!

MUST WATCH to see just how crazy it is over there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV691...e_gdata_player

vCash
    So it looks like Vitali got what he wNted, Eu has struck a deal With the president and they have come to a truce and will also have another election in which Vitali will run for president.

From heavyweight champ, to fighting for his people against tyrants. Those protesters sure know how to fight back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zni-O...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Yea this was crazy, I was all over this at BS/NSB.

I am not a fan from a boxing fan perspective, but he gain all kinds of respect from me after this, I will root for him in and out of the ring now, unless he fights one of the Furys, Haye, Arreola, or Wilder.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    It was awesome when they threw the petrol bombs at the police carrier, those protectors weren't intimidated one bit.

I'm quite surprised vitali didn't get assassinated during this, Russia is not going to happy about this.

vCash
    WAR Klits!!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    WAR Klits!!
    He might literally have been the first domino to begin what could turn into WW3. it's a very low chance, but its possible.

After vitali and his protesters ousted the Russian backed president and put a new one in place, Russia decided to invade a part of Ukraine. Which is crazy, but they did it. Ukraine is surrounded by 4 NATO allies, and none of them like Russia.
    no one wants a major war, but if Russia co tinues push there way into Ukraine, it's going to happen IMO. Vitali has already advocated for a full on attack of Russia, knowing damn well they would crush Ukraine, he would be expecting our help.

Vitali might of started WW3, only time will tell.