Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gaustad & Kaleta days about done?

Don't get me wrong - huge fan of both, but they are dead weight with every line you juggle with them.

Kaleta is no Barnaby! And after 10 years in the league, Goose got called out in the Miller collision! If I watch one more player choke Kaleta (and he doesn't do anything) and then watch Goose push and shove - done with it! Their "spark" is gone so to speak... Putting them out their against NJ when they were down to spark the team doesn't work - other teams laugh at them now.

Kaleta can hit but won't fight and Goose might fight and don't win many - we can't afford this on any line now!

I watched McQuaid (from Boston) take off old Raffi's head the other night after a cheap hit - same instict Tropp did when he was up. Bring up Tropp and trade Gaustad and Kaleta.

If Buffalo needs to send a message - start here!

vCash
    These guys don't do anything. I would try to trade them; if not, I would just cut them loose. They're scrubs, and their playing time should go to prospects. I watched almost every game this year until Time Warner mercifully ended the season for me, and I don't remember either of them making any impact in any game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bart98 View Post
    trade Gaustad and Kaleta.
    ... If all of what you said is true, why would any team trade for them?

It is like listening to callers on WGR, they talk about how awful everyone on the team is then exclaim "Why hasn't there been a trade?!?!". If your players are awful, no one wants to trade for them.

Also, more of the usual "Kaleta hits but doesn't fight!" comments... if you were a fan of hockey and understood hockey you would know that is the point. You cleanly hit someone and get them to punch you so that your team gets a powerplay (the thing where you play 5 on 4 for 2 minutes). If Kaleta did fight every time there would be no point in having him on the team.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

It is like listening to callers on WGR, they talk about how awful everyone on the team is then exclaim "Why hasn't there been a trade?!?!". If your players are awful, no one wants to trade for them.

Also, more of the usual "Kaleta hits but doesn't fight!" comments... if you were a fan of hockey and understood hockey you would know that is the point. You cleanly hit someone and get them to punch you so that your team gets a powerplay (the thing where you play 5 on 4 for 2 minutes). If Kaleta did fight every time there would be no point in having him on the team.
    If you were a fan of the Sabres, then you'd remember Matt Barnaby! He'd hit you and then drop the gloves if the moment was right! He also had the back fo May & Ray, which Kaleta doesn't do enough of! Who isn't a fan of a good check and retaliation and then a PP and then a GOAL...
    You must be a fan of Sean Avery then. He'll hit you and turtle got him a quick ride out of each of his teams!

vCash

It is like listening to callers on WGR, they talk about how awful everyone on the team is then exclaim "Why hasn't there been a trade?!?!". If your players are awful, no one wants to trade for them..
    Why would any team trade for a Bobby Ryan? Why trade for a Eric Staal? They are having bad seasons too....

Thankfully after trading Tim Connolly I don't think any Buffalo player has a HUGE negative fan issues. Even Afinogenov was kept too long and I coudl see why no team would take a chance. I don't feel any player on the current roster would or could not fetch a trade!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bart98 View Post
    If you were a fan of the Sabres, then you'd remember Matt Barnaby! He'd hit you and then drop the gloves if the moment was right! He also had the back fo May & Ray, which Kaleta doesn't do enough of! Who isn't a fan of a good check and retaliation and then a PP and then a GOAL...
    You must be a fan of Sean Avery then. He'll hit you and turtle got him a quick ride out of each of his teams!
    Yeah. Barnaby was a full time player for 3 years on the Sabres.

1995-1996: 33-42-7-0
    1996-1997: 40-30-12-0
    1997-1998: 36-29-17-0

Combined: 109-101-36-0

So yeah, let's have Kaleta fight after every hit and go back to a win percentage of 44.3% Sounds great.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Darcy was asked about Getzloff recently and I almost pissed myself after hearing his comments. Darcy said that Getlof is a great player, comparible to the style of play Gausted plays. Ummmm really? Darcys comparing the two guys. Compairing Gausted to Getzlof is like comparing a vagina to an anal opening.

vCash
    Yeah. Barnaby was a full time player for 3 years on the Sabres.

1995-1996: 33-42-7-0
    1996-1997: 40-30-12-0
    1997-1998: 36-29-17-0

Combined: 109-101-36-0

So yeah, let's have Kaleta fight after every hit and go back to a win percentage of 44.3% Sounds great.
    What exactly is your point - do you have one? Between you spell checking everyone on this forum, posting useless dictonary verbage, and now half the stats which doesn't even touch what Barnaby brought to that team --WHICH all have nothing to do with the topic---Other than prove your half a fan!

Not many fans were anti-Barnaby, except you it seems. In addition, this post was about how it is "starting" to turn out how useless Kaleta and Goose are to this team. Articles in the Buffalo News have fans calling these two wingnuts on everyline you put them on. Nobody gels with them, etc. etc.

I brought up Barnaby to say that I wish Kaleta was half the player he was!