Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Getzlof Trade Rumors Back Again.

Over the summer, I posted a thread about a rumor in Anaheim, that reported that the Ducks offered Getzlof to Buffalo for Miller straight up and Darcy said no. Darcy reportedly wanted not only Getzlof for Miller, but he wanted 2 stud prospects as well.

Here we are again and the rumors are back. If it is true that Aneheim offered Getz for Miller straight up, I hope it gets back to Pegulla so they can fire is stupid a $$.

The reason the deal made sense was because the Ducks finished 4th in the confrence. They got great scoring from everyone, including the leagues only 50-goal scorer. The only thing they didnt have was a goalie, being Hiller had some Neurological problems that caused him to miss most of the season. Being that they were in 4th with Emery of all people as their goalie, it makes sense that one of their highest paid offensmen would become expandable for a goalie like Miller.

Then on the Sabres side, Miller didnt do anything all year. Then after he got hurt, Enroth took us from the 10th seed to 7th and proved plenty capable as a replacement. Then we loose in the first round of the playoffs because we had no scoring and we had no Centers.

So when you try to prove or disprove a trade rumor, this rumor definetly seemed realistic. In the playoffs last year, the Ducks lost in the first round, but scored 3 or more goals every game, but the goalie let in 5 and 6 per game. The Sabres loose in the first round, and get 2 1-0 shutout wins.

So my guess is this report out of Aneheim over the summer was true, but good ole Darcy once again shows that he over values our players so much and that we never get any trades done because of his stupidity. If anyone listened to Burkes comments about Darcy recently, we again have to say this rumor was true. He pretty much said that Darcy is the most ignorant GM in the league and that no team wants to deal with the Sabres because of it. Burke said that he offered Buffalo a 2nd round pick for Kennedy a couple years ago, and Darcy countered with a first and one of their top 3 prospects. Burke reminded everyone that the Sabres then released him in the off season over less than 50,000 in salary negotiations. As Ive said for 3 years now, FIRE DARCY.

vCash
    I highly doubt Anaheim would have traded Getzlaf for Miller over the summer. There's not a chance of that happening.

1) They have Jonas Hiller, who was an all-star last season
    2) Big part of Perry's success, is/was from Ryan Getzlaf
    3) He's the captain, of a good team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I highly doubt Anaheim would have traded Getzlaf for Miller over the summer. There's not a chance of that happening.

1) They have Jonas Hiller, who was an all-star last season
    2) Big part of Perry's success, is/was from Ryan Getzlaf
    3) He's the captain, of a good team

1.) Hiller is playing with issues in the brain. He couldnt even stand up last year. They thought it was Vertigo, but tests said no. So they werent convinced of his health at all.

2.) The rumor was there last year and here it is again with Getzlof being traded, so it doesnt appear that they feel the Perry's carrear revolves around Getzlof as his linemate.

3.) Getzlof is not the captain of a good team. The ducks are horrible. Hiller is playing worse them Miller and Getz is a -19. The team has only won 10 games this year.

vCash
    As per the rumor(s) on this site, only two Ducks are SAFE....

I believe the rumors!!

Simply said - if Buffalo puts Miller out there, there are only a handful of teams that wouldn't put out an offer! And the Ducks would be one of the first in line!

To make this happen - Darcy needs to stop with the draft picks!! He needs two Ducks of value in the trade and toss in Roy!

Like I said in my other post:

Miller, Roy, Gerbe
    For
    Getzlaf, Perry, Ellis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    1.) Hiller is playing with issues in the brain. He couldnt even stand up last year. They thought it was Vertigo, but tests said no. So they werent convinced of his health at all.

2.) The rumor was there last year and here it is again with Getzlof being traded, so it doesnt appear that they feel the Perry's carrear revolves around Getzlof as his linemate.

3.) Getzlof is not the captain of a good team. The ducks are horrible. Hiller is playing worse them Miller and Getz is a -19. The team has only won 10 games this year.
    1) Still had a successful year last year. More so than Ryan Miller, who I'm a big fan of. Odds are, Hiller will give another good 5 years, despite this poor year.

2) You think Perry hits that amount of points last year, and wins the Rocket without Getzlaf? No, he does not. Each have a big part on each others game. Both are big, gritty powerforwards, who compliment each other well. They're probably not going to break these two up. They've been playing with each other since their rookie seasons.

3) I was looking at last year, the year before that, and the year before that, etc. The Ducks are still talented on paper, and I do think they're a good team, despite their struggle through 40 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bart98 View Post

I believe the rumors!!

Simply said - if Buffalo puts Miller out there, there are only a handful of teams that wouldn't put out an offer! And the Ducks would be one of the first in line!

To make this happen - Darcy needs to stop with the draft picks!! He needs two Ducks of value in the trade and toss in Roy!

Miller, Roy, Gerbe
    For
    Getzlaf, Perry, Ellis
    That trade is brutal, just brutal for Anaheim.

There is no possible way that they do that.

vCash
    1) Still had a successful year last year. More so than Ryan Miller, who I'm a big fan of. Odds are, Hiller will give another good 5 years, despite this poor year.

2) You think Perry hits that amount of points last year, and wins the Rocket without Getzlaf? No, he does not. Each have a big part on each others game. Both are big, gritty powerforwards, who compliment each other well. They're probably not going to break these two up. They've been playing with each other since their rookie seasons.

3) I was looking at last year, the year before that, and the year before that, etc. The Ducks are still talented on paper, and I do think they're a good team, despite their struggle through 40 games.
    I dont diasagree with the first two points.

But as far as the 3rd one goes, Buffalo is a team that is struggling through the first 40 games. What Anaheim is doing is pathetic. by only winning 10 games so far, add in the fired coaching staff, its safe to assume that the lights are about ready to get blown out in the arena and that they will make a big trade soon.

vCash
    That trade is brutal, just brutal for Anaheim.

There is no possible way that they do that.

No matter how much Ryan Miller has fallen off the the charts lately - he is a top 10 goalie in the league. Not a GM or Coach in the league would deny that. And I don't think any fans should either - Miller is good just in a slump.

He'll be playing goal for the US Cup teams for many years to come too!
    Ellis isn't that good this year and getting older by the minute.. Knock out Ellis and Gerbe from my trade... If you really don't think Miller and Roy are of equal value to Perry & Getzlaf then I don't get it... Maybe Buffalo would toss in a 3rd round pick and the Ducks back a 7th round...
    Miller alone has a top three forward and top six forward or d-man alone in value.

vCash

I believe the rumors!!

Miller, Roy, Gerbe
    For
    Getzlaf, Perry, Ellis
    Yeah, trade the only skilled natural center on the team. We'll just play 5 left and right wingers at a time and it will all work out.

Also, if the Sabres trade Gerbe I would stop going to the games.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Ellis isn't that good this year and getting older by the minute.. Knock out Ellis and Gerbe from my trade... If you really don't think Miller and Roy are of equal value to Perry & Getzlaf then I don't get it... Maybe Buffalo would toss in a 3rd round pick and the Ducks back a 7th round...
    Miller alone has a top three forward and top six forward or d-man alone in value.
    Who would play backup in Buffalo? Have you considered the cap space issue?

Fact still remains that Roy is the only natural skilled center on the Sabres. There is no point in trading him.

Miller and Stafford for Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Yes - trade the only natural center on the team...!! This has nothing to do with nature - you want nature go take a walk in the woods. Roy (from what is said) is more of a cancer in the locker room than you can believe!

It would be horrible to follow in the footsteps of Philly who did just that and look at them now....

vCash
    Yes - trade the only natural center on the team...!! This has nothing to do with nature - you want nature go take a walk in the woods. Roy (from what is said) is more of a cancer in the locker room than you can believe!

It would be horrible to follow in the footsteps of Philly who did just that and look at them now....
    Yeah. I heard the Sabres are secretly playing Danny Briere as a 3rd line center. The issue with the Flyers was they had too many centers, which allowed them to trade some away for wingers. Unfortunately Darcy was sleeping and didn't pick any centers up, so we got Leino instead.

The Sabres have too many wingers, so they should trade wingers for centers.

But since you have no concern for natural centers, I'm glad you think Boyes and Leino have been a smashing success at center.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Yeah. I heard the Sabres are secretly playing Danny Briere as a 3rd line center. The issue with the Flyers was they had too many centers, which allowed them to trade some away for wingers. Unfortunately Darcy was sleeping and didn't pick any centers up, so we got Leino instead.

The Sabres have too many wingers, so they should trade wingers for centers.

But since you have no concern for natural centers, I'm glad you think Boyes and Leino have been a smashing success at center.
    No, actually the Flyers traded away Richards because of locker room issues and to change the chemistry of the team! You make zero sense! You talk about why Buffalo would give up a "natural center" in Roy, but Philly had too many centers and would give aways their most talented center and leader?

Is Getzlof a natural center?

vCash
    No, actually the Flyers traded away Richards because of locker room issues and to change the chemistry of the team! You make zero sense! You talk about why Buffalo would give up a "natural center" in Roy, but Philly had too many centers and would give aways their most talented center and leader?

Is Getzlof a natural center?
    The most talented center on the Flyers was Danny Briere. He is still on the Flyers.

Getzlaf is a center, yes.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Theres a report that Aneheim has an offer from Burke and Toronto. Getzlof could be going to Toronto for Gustufson, Shenn and 2 AHL prospects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast