Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Slater

vCash
    ^ I don't really care what anyone says as long as they get on here and say it. If you go through all the posts on this and the game thread, sometimes I am talking to myself and I live in Miami. Where are the Jet Fans?????????????

vCash
    ^where are all the canadian hockey fans in general? toronto and vancouver have decent forum support, but edm, cal, win, & ott forums are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Face attacking barbarians...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    ^where are all the canadian hockey fans in general? toronto and vancouver have decent forum support, but edm, cal, win, & ott forums are empty.
    Are you seriously wondering why Winnipeg doesn't have that many fans yet? They came from a 'very' small market team in Atlanta (which I've had a chance to watch for a few seasons now. No fans at all), and moved to Winnipeg. Winnipeg isn't even that big. Not a lot of people from Ontario, Quebec, etc, are just going to jump onto the Jets bandwagon.

I for one, rooted for Atlanta. I had a great time watching them, and am happy they'll get noticed. They had one really good season there, and that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    ^Now that's the right attitude!

Although I think Bran would rather talk to himself
    Too funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Are you seriously wondering why Winnipeg doesn't have that many fans yet? They came from a 'very' small market team in Atlanta (which I've had a chance to watch for a few seasons now. No fans at all), and moved to Winnipeg. Winnipeg isn't even that big. Not a lot of people from Ontario, Quebec, etc, are just going to jump onto the Jets bandwagon.

I for one, rooted for Atlanta. I had a great time watching them, and am happy they'll get noticed. They had one really good season there, and that's about it.
    no i believe i was wondering where the forum posters of canadian teams in general were (winnipeg included). i know how big of a town winnipeg is. it's not like a normal expansion situation as the team obviously already has large fan support in manitoba. one would think that the jets and the other 3 nhl cities i mentioned would have more than just 1 or 2 regular posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Face attacking barbarians...

vCash
    no i believe i was wondering where the forum posters of canadian teams in general were (winnipeg included). i know how big of a town winnipeg is. it's not like a normal expansion situation as the team obviously already has large fan support in manitoba. one would think that the jets and the other 3 nhl cities i mentioned would have more than just 1 or 2 regular posters on here.
    Eh, I guess. Montreal had a few posters on here, but a lot of them ended up getting banned. I don't know how, but it was like 1.5 years ago. Edmonton has 0 fans, and I don't know how. Calgary has one, and Ottawa has one.

I honestly feel like a big part of it is because of other sports, if you know what I mean.

Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Maple Leafs

... I'm sure a lot of those Leafs posters are here, for one of those two sports.

As for the Islanders forum. Again, there's a good chance that a lot of those posters came here for the Eagles, Yankees, Mets, and/or Giants.

vCash
    The Blue Jays get a huge following on these fourms compared to any other team. Winnipeg is a hockey city of close to 800,000 and I just find it hard to believe with the impossible task of getting a ticket to a game there and being guarrenteed sold out for the next 5 years that some would turn to this format to express their thoughts, Even if its just to complain that they can't go see a game for the next 5 yrs.

vCash
    Other forums ive seen have more active users.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Hope more will take notice and play along.

vCash

vCash
    ^ Great article. Seems like the kind of guy you want out there promoting the Jets. The GST line has been great and Slater is a big part of its success!

Nice job Slater!

vCash
    Good to see them re-sign Slater, but with Glass gone, the GST line is no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12