Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Jim Slater

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    ^ I don't really care what anyone says as long as they get on here and say it. If you go through all the posts on this and the game thread, sometimes I am talking to myself and I live in Miami. Where are the Jet Fans?????????????

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500
    ^where are all the canadian hockey fans in general? toronto and vancouver have decent forum support, but edm, cal, win, & ott forums are empty.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    ^where are all the canadian hockey fans in general? toronto and vancouver have decent forum support, but edm, cal, win, & ott forums are empty.
    Are you seriously wondering why Winnipeg doesn't have that many fans yet? They came from a 'very' small market team in Atlanta (which I've had a chance to watch for a few seasons now. No fans at all), and moved to Winnipeg. Winnipeg isn't even that big. Not a lot of people from Ontario, Quebec, etc, are just going to jump onto the Jets bandwagon.

    I for one, rooted for Atlanta. I had a great time watching them, and am happy they'll get noticed. They had one really good season there, and that's about it.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    ^Now that's the right attitude!

    Although I think Bran would rather talk to himself
    Too funny.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Are you seriously wondering why Winnipeg doesn't have that many fans yet? They came from a 'very' small market team in Atlanta (which I've had a chance to watch for a few seasons now. No fans at all), and moved to Winnipeg. Winnipeg isn't even that big. Not a lot of people from Ontario, Quebec, etc, are just going to jump onto the Jets bandwagon.

    I for one, rooted for Atlanta. I had a great time watching them, and am happy they'll get noticed. They had one really good season there, and that's about it.
    no i believe i was wondering where the forum posters of canadian teams in general were (winnipeg included). i know how big of a town winnipeg is. it's not like a normal expansion situation as the team obviously already has large fan support in manitoba. one would think that the jets and the other 3 nhl cities i mentioned would have more than just 1 or 2 regular posters on here.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    no i believe i was wondering where the forum posters of canadian teams in general were (winnipeg included). i know how big of a town winnipeg is. it's not like a normal expansion situation as the team obviously already has large fan support in manitoba. one would think that the jets and the other 3 nhl cities i mentioned would have more than just 1 or 2 regular posters on here.
    Eh, I guess. Montreal had a few posters on here, but a lot of them ended up getting banned. I don't know how, but it was like 1.5 years ago. Edmonton has 0 fans, and I don't know how. Calgary has one, and Ottawa has one.

    I honestly feel like a big part of it is because of other sports, if you know what I mean.


    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Maple Leafs

    ... I'm sure a lot of those Leafs posters are here, for one of those two sports.

    As for the Islanders forum. Again, there's a good chance that a lot of those posters came here for the Eagles, Yankees, Mets, and/or Giants.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    The Blue Jays get a huge following on these fourms compared to any other team. Winnipeg is a hockey city of close to 800,000 and I just find it hard to believe with the impossible task of getting a ticket to a game there and being guarrenteed sold out for the next 5 years that some would turn to this format to express their thoughts, Even if its just to complain that they can't go see a game for the next 5 yrs.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,423
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    ^where are all the canadian hockey fans in general? toronto and vancouver have decent forum support, but edm, cal, win, & ott forums are empty.
    Other forums ive seen have more active users.

    Straight Flash Homey

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Hope more will take notice and play along.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,412
    vCash
    1500

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Great article. Seems like the kind of guy you want out there promoting the Jets. The GST line has been great and Slater is a big part of its success!

    Nice job Slater!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Good to see them re-sign Slater, but with Glass gone, the GST line is no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •