Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I've read this like 5 times and I still can't understand it lol. Can you try explaining it again?
    No problem a lot of numbers there.

Crosby starting counting 8.7 million against the cap in the 2008-09 season. During that season the cap was 56.7 million. The following season, 2009-2010 Malkin's 8.7 million cap hit started taking effect and the cap was only up to 56.8 million.

During this season, 2011-12 the cap is at 64.3 million. That means since 2008 (just 3 seasons ago) the salary cap has risen 7.6 million (my first number was wrong) dollars. That is roughly 2.5 million per season.

Crosby will still count 8.7 million against the cap next season so any new deal won't go into effect until the 2013-2014 seasons meaning there are two more chances for the cap to rise. Now the chances of it staying at the 2.5 million per year pace is probably slim so lets just say it goes up 1.5 million per season that would put the 2013-14 (first year of Crosby's new deal) cap at 67.3 million.

What all this means is that from the time Crosby's current contract took effect until the time his next contract will the salary cap will have increased by roughly 10.6 million dollars.

What I am propsing is that Crosby and Malkin's new contract will be worth roughly 10 million per year, for simplicity lets call it 9.7 million or a 1 million dollar raise. Also for the sake of argument we will bump Staal up from 4 million to 5 million meaning the Penguins will commit 3 million additional dollars per season to these 3 players.

Since the cap will have risen roughly 10.6 million dollars since the Pens had originally started paying these players their current salaries I don't see paying those 3 an additional 3 million as a problem. But that is only my opinion.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I realized that might have been more confusing so let me make my point simple.

The 2009-10 season was the first year in which all of Malkin, Crosby and Staal were being paid their current wage. During that season the 21.4 million made by those 3 took up 37.74% of the cap.

I am proposing the Pens give each player a 1 million dollar raise bumping their combined total up to 24.4 million. The first season in which all 3 would be playing under their new contract is the 2014-15 season. Going conservative and predicting a 3 million dollar cap increase by then the three of the team would take up 36.26% of the cap.

As you can see the % should stay about the same meaning my 1 million dollar raise proposal should be reasonable.

vCash
    3 to 1 rangers right now and to be honest minus the first ten minutes and a couple of fluries witch lunquist took care of easily the pens looked horrible tonight. Malkin was almost invisible. Neal shot alot but couldnt beat lunquist. The pens gave up a short handed goal and Fleury gave the rangers a goal STAY IN THE NET.

vCash
    Neals scores and of coarse its waved off. Kunitz pushed into lunquist

vCash
    a little life on power play but no goal. Pens better tuen this around if this game stays this way it will be third loss in a row to teams they need to beat Rangers Devils Flyers. 1 for 6 against those three teams and 0 for last 5

vCash
    oh my god staal went down it didnt look good another injury right now would kill us. Staal would be a huge loss. Rupp hit him but he could of stepped on stick also. nope knee to knee on staal

vCash
    better third period just to many mistakes and rangers took advantage of all of them. even the anouncers are saying the rangers look tired and arent playing there best game minus lunquist and Mcdonaugh

vCash
    Only caught about half the game but we were just outplayed. We really need to get Letang back (for starters) and just get healthy overall. I don't want to sound too pesimistic but I really think its between the Flyers and Rangers to win the Atlantic. With how many injuries we have sustained (our best offensive defenseman and #1 center) it hard to compete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I realized that might have been more confusing so let me make my point simple.

The 2009-10 season was the first year in which all of Malkin, Crosby and Staal were being paid their current wage. During that season the 21.4 million made by those 3 took up 37.74% of the cap.

I am proposing the Pens give each player a 1 million dollar raise bumping their combined total up to 24.4 million. The first season in which all 3 would be playing under their new contract is the 2014-15 season. Going conservative and predicting a 3 million dollar cap increase by then the three of the team would take up 36.26% of the cap.

As you can see the % should stay about the same meaning my 1 million dollar raise proposal should be reasonable.

Ok, now I understand lol. If all of your numbers are corrent, which I'm sure they are, I would be fine giving each a raise, although it will be interesting to see how they handle Crosby. Honestly though, Crosby and Malkin are two of the best players in the world and Staal certainly has an important role on the team... although I would trade him if a good deal came along lol

vCash
    yes we were out played, by a tired team on the end of a road trip and the second game in two nights. We have been off for five days and thats the best effort we can come out with. Looked tired lack of hustle or hunger just a bad effort. Healthy what is that it has been like two years since we were even close to that for more than a couple games here and there. The way it looks health wise and how we have played against rivals and teams in our division this year we could be on he outside looking in for the playoffs by the end of next week. That is not ok with the talent (even with injuries) on this team. I have seen all but one game this year (last islanders game missed) and being out hustled and out worked for the most part (not at all times or all players) is all I can say about it poor effort

vCash
    Last year we had injuries to more players and alot of same players but we went out there and worked hard everynight and competed to the end of year for confrence/division. We still have a ton of talent and should be at the top with team we have. I guess my piont is we are better than this and ther is no excuse for being out worked.

vCash
    Not to sound alarm but tonight's game against the Devils is a battle for 3rd place in the division. A loss and we slip the whole way down to 4th place. It would also push us to the fringe of the playoffs. It is early so as of now it is nothing to worry about but I guess we will see.

vCash
    get alarmed 3 to 1 in the third

vCash
    this game is not going well

vCash
    This month is not going well we are in like 6 place an on our way down. With the bruins rangers devils flyers leafs caps and devils playing well and actully winning right now by the end of the month we could be out of playoffs. No word on staal , crosby and letang return dates. The offense has gotten like 1 goal in each of the last few games and a ton of mental mistakes and sloppy play. We are not doing well and really need to turn it around soon or we could be talking about the players we are trading and what next year could bring

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast