Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    8 place right now by 1 point

vCash
    Not a pretty game tonight, Pens got to get out of this funk now or we won't have to worry about the division we will need to worry about staying in the playoff race.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Shero needs to make a trade to spark the pens, because they have no offense right now. He needs to stop basing his decisions on how crosby is and worry about his slumping team. Sid isn't going to be back for awhile, so shero needs to stop worrying about him and bring in players who can help. Sid isn't helping by sitting in the stands. I love Crosby, but Shero needs to do things to help the team

vCash
    Maybe I'm not taking things serious enough but I'm not worrying at all.

We are not going to win the division with the Flyers and Ranger, so no need to worry about trying

We will make the playoffs, the team is too good and we will be getting a few players back soon (hopefully), so no need to worry about that

vCash
    I don't know how I feel about a trade, depends on the magnitude I suppose. The team is playing poorly no doubt but its for that exact reason that I'm hesitant to move people. Once we get and stay healthy, the team will start playing better again

vCash
    ya he has to help his team but at the right price. Dont over react and over pay for a player and dont handicap yourself both this year or next few years with a high salary. for example it would suck to trade for a player and then have sid get healthy and be over the cap so some one cant play or add a high priced player for a few years and affect are ability to resign letang malkin crosby staal or some one else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Maybe I'm not taking things serious enough but I'm not worrying at all.

We are not going to win the division with the Flyers and Ranger, so no need to worry about trying

We will make the playoffs, the team is too good and we will be getting a few players back soon (hopefully), so no need to worry about that
    the goal is to be the best so to not try to win the division is just wrong and if you dont try to be the best why bother at all.

we are in 8 place right now by 1 point with alot of teams playing better than us so the playoffs are not a garuntee if we dont turn it around soon so i would be worried Iknow I am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    the goal is to be the best so to not try to win the division is just wrong and if you dont try to be the best why bother at all.

we are in 8 place right now by 1 point with alot of teams playing better than us so the playoffs are not a garuntee if we dont turn it around soon so i would be worried Iknow I am
    Whoa, I never said we shouldn't try and win the division, I simply said that I have come to grips with the fact that because Crosby is going to be out for an extended period of time, the team is playing poorly, and the Rangers and Flyers are playing well, that the division (as of now) seems to be out of reach. I never said we shouldn't try and win it however

The season is less than halfway through and honestly, has any team in the leage faced more injuries than us? I'm not positive but I would be willing to bet were are the #1 or at least top 3. Now that people are returning, things should only get better and don't forget, we still have a very solid team. Malkin, Neal, Staal, the defense, and Fleury are all capable of getting the job done

vCash
    They should get a rental player that even if Sid comes back, they can still afford him. With a healthy roster, how much salary space do the pens have?

vCash
    Including Sid? I think under 2M or right around that

vCash
    According to capgeek, at the trade deadline, we would have 6.631 million in cap space. Idk if that is including crosby and letang though

http://www.capgeek.com/trade_deadline_tracker.php

thats the website
    Last edited by penguins2946; 01-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    They should just trash this season and start preparing for next one. Get a high draft pick, because they are screwed now

If you haven't heard,
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610654

vCash
    You guys just can't seem to catch a break with all these injuries. Penguins have been such a fun team to watch too. Hopefully you guys can get healthy soon.

vCash
    So Staal is out 4-6 weeks and Neal will miss "weeks" with a broken foot, probably another 4-6. I really don't know what to do, the team is still talented with Malkin, the defense and Fleury but removing our current second best center and best winger, okay, now I'm worried

vCash
    Ya we are in trouble. Losing Stall and Neal kill us. Hopefully they come back sooner and sid returns eventually.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast