Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,016
    vCash
    1500

    Rumor:UW Huskies Hire Wilcox To Be DC And Sirmon To Be LB Coach

    According to several reports, the Huskies have hired Justin Wilcox and linebackers coach Peter Sirmon away from Tennessee to fill two key spots on their defensive staff.

    Both were working at Tennessee and the news was first reported by ESPN.com, among other outlets. Other sources have since confirmed both reports to the Times.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...nd_sirmon.html

    Looks like great hires from the reaction of Volunteer fans.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    This freaking sucks. I have a ratty old Peter Sirmon jersey in my closet, and now he's a damn Husky. Of course I also have Wilcox's and Sirmon's autographs on a helmet from Duck Day, and man they were Ducks back then.

    Washington may think that taking a few Ducks will fix their defense, but the root of the problem might be with Sarkisian. We'll see though, this was a good hire for UW.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    I already discussed this in the Oregon Ducks football thread, but Tosh Lupoi was also hired by UDub. Amazing recruiter and very young, he was the architect of the soon to be deceased "Cal-Gang" headed to Berkeley. I'm not sure if Tosh will be able to make a huge impact on this year's class, but he will be a force in the coming seasons.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,016
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I already discussed this in the Oregon Ducks football thread, but Tosh Lupoi was also hired by UDub. Amazing recruiter and very young, he was the architect of the soon to be deceased "Cal-Gang" headed to Berkeley. I'm not sure if Tosh will be able to make a huge impact on this year's class, but he will be a force in the coming seasons.
    You weren't kidding since Lupoi left Cal went from a top 10 recruiting class to 25-50 depending on which rankings you go by. Really can't feel sorry for them though they have been stealing Washington recruits for the last few years and they always won.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    You weren't kidding since Lupoi left Cal went from a top 10 recruiting class to 25-50 depending on which rankings you go by. Really can't feel sorry for them though they have been stealing Washington recruits for the last few years and they always won.
    at least cal did it with integrity. lupoi is a scumbag and im glad the recruits are bashing him on twitter. his reputation will ruin him when sark gets fired in 3 years. he wont land another job and wont be able to call cal "home" after growing up and playing for cal


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,607
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Wow man. Scumbag? Everything in the world is about money. Not sure how far anyone can expect loyalty/history to go.
    Last edited by Boozerguy47; 02-02-2012 at 06:29 AM.

    "King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    ^ Wow man. Scumbag? Everything in the world is about money. Not sure how far anyone can expect loyalty/history to go.
    Money doesn't make people act like douche bags. Tosh had a right to leave, but the way he went about it was highly questionable. I can't see how you fail to understand it. Did you even read any articles written outside of Washington?

    There is really no way to defend the way he left...


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,016
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    at least cal did it with integrity. lupoi is a scumbag and im glad the recruits are bashing him on twitter. his reputation will ruin him when sark gets fired in 3 years. he wont land another job and wont be able to call cal "home" after growing up and playing for cal
    Sark isn't going to get fired unless Wilcox is a disaster as a DC and Lupoi will be promoted to DC when Wilcox leaves for a HC Job or Lupoi will get hired some were else as a DC who really cares how he recruits the kids as long as its legal.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-02-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •