Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Oregon Ducks Football Thread

Yup, I went there. I've seen other threads dedicated toward a certain team, why not Oregon as well! We've got some Duck Diehards on here, discuss anything Oregon related in here, and with the upcoming date in Glendale with Auburn, it should be easy to find things to discuss! Of course opposing fans are welcome as well!

Go Ducks
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Is Auburn Really a Size Mismatch for us?
    Listening to the first rounds of the BCS Championship game breakdowns I keep hearing things like, "if you watch Auburn get off the bus, then watch Oregon, you would pick Auburn no contest." The point is being made over and over again that Auburn's size will be a big advantage for them against Oregon, and to a bigger point that Oregon hasn't seen that kind of size before, and the Ducks will have to adjust their game. After the jump I'm going to show how this is at the very least a myth, and at the most a bold-faced lie.

First, when talking about the size of Auburn, most pundits are talking about thier offensive line, defensive front 4, and their QB. Most fans will know that Cam Newton is 6-6 250, but I had to look up their lines. They avg 6-5 307 on the offensive line and 6-3 277 on defense. So ya they are big boys, but are they that much bigger than Oregon? Oregon's offensive line averages 6-5 294 and the defensive line averages 6-4 271. That is 13 pounds bigger on offense and 6 pounds bigger on defense for those who don't want to do the math. While they are slightly bigger, we are not talking men vs boys here, the difference is negligible.

Ofcourse the offensive line plays against the defense not the other offensive line, so there is a big advantage for both of these offensive lines over their defensive lines in terms of size. Auburn has an average of 36 pounds on the Oregon defensive front, while Oregon has an average of 17 pounds on the Auburn front 4.

To the bigger point trying to be made by these pundits, lets see what Oregon has played against so far, we know they are 12-0, but they must have played against 250 pound offensive and defensive lines right? Uh wrong, in fact Auburn won't even be the biggest team they have played. Here is a list of Oregon's opponents,

Stanford OL 6-5 301 // DL 6-4 267

USC OL 6-5 294 // DL 6-4 291

Tenn OL 6-6 312 // DL 6-3 258

UCLA OL 6-4 317 // DL 6-4 269

OSU OL 6-3 293 // DL 6-2 272

ASU OL 6-5 302 // DL 6-3 276

CAL OL 6-3 285 // DL 6-3 292

Arizona OL 6-5 317 // DL 6-3 273

Washington OL 6-4 288 // DL 6-4 274

WSU OL 6-5 295 // DL 6-5 272

If we were to rank Auburn's size, they would the 4th largest Offensive line the Ducks have played this season behind Arizona, UCLA, and Tenn. Their Defensive front would be the 3rd largest, behind Cal and USC. The point I am making here is not that Auburn doesn't have good players, they obviously do, but it is not their size that makes them good. Oregon has faced many opponents who were just as big and in some cases bigger than Auburn, and the results were double digit wins in all but 1 case, Cal.
    Addicted to Quack

vCash
    Oregon is pretty good this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Oregon is pretty good this year
    IDK we kind of underachieved

vCash

vCash
    HAHA YES!!! It's official.

vCash
    Brady-

The jerseys are being announced tomorrow, correct??

I can't wait to see what Uncle Phil has in store...

I'm going with hologram or invisible

vCash
    can't wait for the uniform announcement today, check out what we've worn throughout the season, and make your own combo:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindduc...hat_sho_9.html

vCash
    Well you ducks got your damn hands full with Cam Newton.

From what I hear Newton is bigger than everybody in Oregon's secondary, linebackers, & Kenny Rowe.

Remembering watching a mobile qb in Pryor last year against you guys i wonder if you will be better prepared after dealing with this style of QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Unis are announced...

Can't see any major changes from the regular ones other than the socks, I'll post more photos as they're updated:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindduc...ship_nike.html

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...bcs-title-game

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Well you ducks got your damn hands full with Cam Newton.

From what I hear Newton is bigger than everybody in Oregon's secondary, linebackers, & Kenny Rowe.

Remembering watching a mobile qb in Pryor last year against you guys i wonder if you will be better prepared after dealing with this style of QB.
    Pryor didn't beat us because of his running ability/athleticism, he beat us with his arm. My main concern is that Alliotti will not be able to make adjustments, that's what killed us against Ohio St.

vCash
    I'm not going to lie, I'm shocked our uniforms aren't absolutely insane. I wish we were going throwbacks, but at least we aren't going onto the National stage with clown uniforms.

vCash
    Ducks Add JC Receiver Vaughn To Recruiting Class
    Commit Tuesday. He's a bigtime JC receiver with a ton of speed. Exactly what the Ducks need to replace guys like Jeff Maehl next year. Vaughn brings some toughness too in his 6' 1", 190lb. frame. Vaughn had looked hard at Utah, Georgia, and Arizona before deciding on Oregon.

The Ducks now have about a 10 spots left to fill in this year's class. They'll likely still push for at least two more receivers depending on the final status of current verbal commit Tacoi Sumler who has said he's going to take a few visits but is currently still committed to Oregon.

They obviously still need another 2-3 defensive tackles as well. Even after getting the commitment of JC player Jared Ebert. Those two positions are likely to take up 1/3 to half of the spots the Ducks have left.

Versatile players such as Colt Lyerla are likely to make up the rest.
    Bob Rickert/Oregonlive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Pryor didn't beat us because of his running ability/athleticism, he beat us with his arm. My main concern is that Alliotti will not be able to make adjustments, that's what killed us against Ohio St.
    That was last year.

Oregon is the best team in the 2nd half this season by far (Which pains me to say). They wear you down in the 1st half of the game then gash you with big plays to steal the momentum of the game away in the 2nd half.

This formula has worked wonders so far this season for you guys no reason to "fix it if it aint broken"....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast