Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Urban Meyer to OSU

Urban Meyer has a deal in place with Ohio State for 7 years @ 36 million

Its being reported through many suboutlets, OSU will not make this public until after the Michigan game..(in fairness to Luke Fickell and the Seniors)

Apparently he is quietly getting his staff together already..starting with Studrawa as OC who is currently with LSU.

I am still a bit skeptical, but a lot of credible sources throughout Ohio have picked up on this and are saying things like "99%" done deal.

Just the guy we need to turn our program around..an Ohio Native, former assistant coach, a BIG name coach.
    Last edited by WorldChamps1908; 11-18-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Gtfo

Yup...

I can even go as far as saying I have spoke with a booster of the program (client of mine) and he is playing dumb and won't committ to anything, but I can tell he wants to tell me so bad..lol. As well as a person that works in the HR department at Ohio State. Sounds like it is pretty much a done deal.

This is something that most people assumed would happen since Tressel was canned.

smart move for urban to go to a premier program and back home

it'll be interesting to see how his spread offense does in the bulky big 10 (we all saw how it went for michigan, although urban is a MUCH better coach than rich rod).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Yup...

I can even go as far as saying I have spoke with a booster of the program (client of mine) and he is playing dumb and won't committ to anything, but I can tell he wants to tell me so bad..lol. As well as a person that works in the HR department at Ohio State. Sounds like it is pretty much a done deal.
    Yeah haven't heard that one before. Jon Gruden was a done deal at pretty much every school that's had an opening the past 3 or so years. Ask Miami fans.

Not saying it won't happen but I'll believe it when they announce it.

^Well its no secret that Gruden is an NFL guy. His heart is in the NFL..He has no head coaching experience in college its a whole different game than the NFL.

He also just re-upped at ESPN for 5 years

I recall that while at Florida Urban had an out clause in his contract in case the Ohio State job ever became available. It's his dream job, he grew up in Ohio and has a daughter that goes to Ohio State.

^Well its no secret that Gruden is an NFL guy. His heart is in the NFL..He has no head coaching experience in college its a whole different game than the NFL.

He also just re-upped at ESPN for 5 years
    Yeah, that was my worry with him when ND was searching 2 years ago. But I just mean the "sources" even when they seem credible are usually just repeating something that somebody else is saying. There were a lot of "done deal" "just filling out the paperwork" talks about Gruden to Miami last year. And then it turned into nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I recall that while at Florida Urban had an out clause in his contract in case the Ohio State job ever became available. It's his dream job, he grew up in Ohio and has a daughter that goes to Ohio State.
    I remember everybody saying the same thing about ND. Urban must have a lot of clauses in his contract.

^Yeah I completely agree..which is why I will remain skeptical until I see Urban wearing Scarlet and Grey...

It's just hard not to get excited, when I am hearing this from boosters, alumni and an actual employee at OSU.

Very good news for Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Yeah, that was my worry with him when ND was searching 2 years ago. But I just mean the "sources" even when they seem credible are usually just repeating something that somebody else is saying. There were a lot of "done deal" "just filling out the paperwork" talks about Gruden to Miami last year. And then it turned into nothing.

I remember everybody saying the same thing about ND. Urban must have a lot of clauses in his contract.
    That was the other job he had a clause for. They were the only 2 jobs he was willing to leave Florida for until he had the health issues. I don't know that his health is any better now than it was before, but he is an Ohio guy born and raised.

^Yeah I completely agree..which is why I will remain skeptical until I see Urban wearing Scarlet and Grey...

It's just hard not to get excited, when I am hearing this from boosters, alumni and an actual employee at OSU.
    Dude I would be excited too. I just personally won't believe it because I feel like I've seen this before.

beleive it when i see it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Speaking of Urban Meyer's daughter... yum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast